“The best hotel ever”

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
Ranked #2 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed April 21, 2009

Ritz Carlton Hotel in Jakarta is the best hotel I ever stayed in. The room was amazing, clean, spacious and tastefully decorated - very luxarious. The service was brilliant, the decor was lovely and the hotel had one of the best outdoor space for jogging. True oasis in city centre.
As I was travveling on my own, female, I was told not to go out in the night by myself so I truly enjoyed in the hotel restaurant and very friendly service. I wasn't impressed with Jakarta but certanly I was impressed with Ritz.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank LondonSunshine15
There are newer reviews for The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan

Reviewed April 8, 2009

Other reviews have commented on the generous room sizes and standard of the rooms and bathrooms. I'll therefore not repeat, other than to say these are really big, clean and pleasant rooms.

For me what made my visit stand out was the attention to detail and general friendliness of the hotel's staff. The one time they made a very, very minor mistake the person concerned was very apologetic.

To give just one example of the help;
I arranged for myself a trip away over the weekend I was there to visit Putri. On checking with the front desk the time I needed to allow for a taxi to get to the harbour they immediately offered to make all the arrangements for me, gave me a card to call when I knew my return time so another taxi could be arranged. I had a great time and on the way back called to arrange the transport, because the boat I was on was so noisy I couldn't hear the information properly. However, to get around this I received a text to my mobile with all the details of the taxi meeting me. A few moment after I got into the taxi I received a call to check everything had worked out and I'd found the driver.

It's that little extra attention that turns a good experience into a great one in my opinion. There's more but in the same light, just going that little extra.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2009

I accompanied my husband on his business trip in Jakarta and had the most delightful time at the Ritz Carlton. We were booked to stay on Club Level where we spent a lot of our time chilling out at the business centre and the private lounge area. Everything about the club privilege was spot-on, the professional service, the complimentary food and drinks, the distinctive amenities and not to forget the ultra-comfortable bedroom and spacious bathroom. The view from our room was spectacular with Jakarta skyline right in front of us. Walking around the city during the day could get a little exhausted from the high humidity but our room was proven to be a true Oasis.

We could have our breakfast at the lounge but the main breakfast buffet on ground floor was much more appealing with greater variety of foods. We had different menus everyday and didn't get bored from the same choices like we normally experience in other hotels. One downside is the location, may be the RItz at Pacific Place will be a better choice for myself who has literally nothing to do during the day, but for business travellers, I highly recommend the Ritz Carlton.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tiger_sist
Reviewed January 4, 2009

I stayed at Ritz Carlton Jakarta with my family during the New Year holiday. The hotel located at the Kuningan, Jakarta. We were lucky to stay there during the holiday because we could avoid the traffic jam. My first impression is “Wow…what a tall hotel I ever seen in Jakarta”. Personally, I don’t like the hotel security check. It’s too long to check our car. After entering the hotel, I amazed by the grandeur lobby. It’s very luxurious with marble floors, columns and high atrium. The staff first impression is conceited. I guess it because they doubt us as their guest. After we check in they become very handy and nice (what a change??). We stayed at Grand room. The room was the biggest standard room I’ve ever stayed in Jakarta. It consists of seating area, bed area, and work area in one big room. The room is also equipped with LCD TV!! It’s pretty surprising to find it, even on hotel newer than this hotel. The bathroom is huge, clean, and luxurious. The bathroom windows are also impressing. I could see Jakarta skylines when I bathe. The pool and jogging track are also very nice and well maintained. I really enjoy swim at the hotel pool. The breakfast at Airlangga was the hugest breakfast I’ve ever ate in any Jakarta hotel. It also has a noodle stand too. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay there. Everything was top notch!

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2008

This Ritz is beautiful. Beautiful rooms in a very nice area. Lots of restaurants and shopping within walking distance. US Embassy is about 15 minutes away by taxi. What else can I say, it's the Ritz.

Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed December 1, 2008

Lovely rooms and staff. Great club lounge...but, be prepared to be woken up at 4am by the call to prayer from two nearby mosques. The whole event (call to prayer plus Koran readings) lasts for nearly an hour, so be prepared to be woken up (and stay up) as the sound penetrates the windows and is very noticeable in the rooms. There is one room, 1708, that has triple paned glass, so if you have to stay at this hotel, ask for this room. We did on our second night and everything was ok.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Ayah30
Reviewed August 10, 2008

This was the best city hotel I have ever stayed in.There are 2 ritz carlton's in jarkata this review is for pacific place property.The hotel weas built in nov07.The std rooms are very large with the best bathroom I have ever seen.The bathtub has great views over the city + plasma in front of you and his/hers bath sinks + large walk in shower.The pool and thre gym are very good.There are only 60 rooms in this property so the service is very good,expensive for jarkata but the best city hotel i have ever seen 100/100

• Stayed: August 2008