“Fantastic hospitality”

Ranked #3 of 460 Hotels in Jakarta
Hong Kong, China
“Fantastic hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

I stayed here for about half a night but I will remember this place for a long time. After landing in Jakarta shortly before 11pm, it was past midnight when the hotel pickup ca dropped me off. The car was clean, big and its driver was pleasant mannered. I did not even have to ask him not to put on music at that time. Upon arriving, i was taken straight to the room. The lady who did it knew it was my first time at the hotel and at the outset she said she wished I'd come back there for my future stay. When I wished i had a better view than the one from the room they had chosen for me, within 5 minutes I was upgraded to a suite! The suite was magnificent. I have lived at the Ritz Carlton in Hong Kong. This place felt equally luxurious but without a subtle attack on the senses with the Hong Kong Ritz Carlton's too much glass and chrome and granite ( yes, there should be an upper limit. Something cannot be good just because it is using all the right ingredients. aesthetics goes beyond components). The room design, colour scheme and layout here was spacious and soothing. I had an excellent 4hour sleep and then I had to leave. But first, i had just enough time to enjoy the sumptuous breakfast, with the buffet spread having a big Indian corner as well. Even the egg-station cook understood well when I requested an omelette Indian style ( with chili, onion, pepper, and cooked flat, well done , without a soft centre). Not many five-star hotels can manage it. They mostly serve the insipid western omelette with a goopy centre. So my day began nicely. The checkout was efficient. They even gave me cash for the airport terminal fee without me asking them. That saved me a lot of hassle at the airport later that day. Certainly a good place to stay. I will certainly go back. If I were to suggest improvements to the place, I would be hard pressed to find a suggestion, except maybe they could provide bedside electrical outlets for business travellers' overnight chargings ( mobile phone, iPad etc.)

Room Tip: My room was city view. Jakarta is no Venice but the view from here is not bad.
1 Thank hrishikul298

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a very nice well appointed hotel. My room on the 18th floor was very spacious and modern. I ate in the restaurant for breakfast each morning and the range of food was excellent. I also enjoyed the Club on the 26th floor, where the food and service was great. Very comfortable stay.

Room Tip: Any room above the 17th floor (I think) entitles you to join the Club on the top floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I stayed here for 1 night. It's awesome, all the staff are super nice and friendly, even the housekeeping. Restaurant food is nice. Comfort and nice room with good city view. Nothing bad to highlight. Definitely will come back again.

Room Tip: City view.
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I stayed here for 2 weeks with my then-boyfriend and I have nothing to complain about. Well, there's just one tiny thing, I'm not comfortable with the security dog in the front gate, but I'm very well aware that it's for safety reason, so I can't really complain.

Anyway, we really enjoyed our stay. On the second day, most of the staff on the front door and the restaurant had greeted us by our name, and for me, it's a very important key that separate a world-class hotel from the rests. The choices of breakfast buffet had successfully gain me a few pounds, thanks to the chef. I even ate sushi and drank wine for breakfast, how odd was that! I love hanging out at the bar to have a few drinks because of the atmosphere.

The view from our room is just marvelous, we slept every night with the curtains wide open. I sometimes sat by the window and watching the lights from buildings around. Too bad I didn't get the chance to try the swimming pool, which looked very tempting. Maybe next time I will :)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

This is my fifth stay in RC MegA Kuningan which was recognized by a small, but quite nice gift. Also they noticed that I am struggling with cold and by the time I returned to the room, a Get Well card and hot chocolate was awaiting. These signs of care and attention are not common even in other hotels of the same category.
In general, there is hardly anything here that could be criticized. The quality of the hotel, it's services, restaurants and facilities are outstanding, but the best is really the staff. They make me feel fully comfortable and pampered.
Luckily, I came to this hotel at my first visit to Jakarta. Since that I found no reason whatsoever to try any other hotel here.
(Some people think it is not at the best location; it's partly true. For me, it's excellent as it is very close to all the offices and other places where I had/have business, but for others it might be a bit far. Indeed, there is a few construction sides in the close area, but on one hand, it did not bother me at all (no additional noise, or dust or dirt), and on the other hand, the area is finally getting properly developed and in a year or two it will be a perfect location in Jakarta.)
(I gave "only" four stars to sleep quality because I generally like very soft pillows and the ones provided by the hotel are to hard and big for me. But it's the same everywhere it seems, so I carry my own pillow.)

1 Thank EuExpatTraveller
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2014

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Location is a bit unfortunate if one wants to walk around - there is a construction site just next to the hotel, and you need to walk a bit (or get the hotel shuttle) to get outside. However, there are a few nice and good restaurants and bars in the walking distance. Rooms are very spacious and well furnished. Views are amazing (big windows in the room and the bathroom). The ambiance is great. Breakfasts are excellent (we didn't enjoy it very much, as we all got sick during our stay in Jakarta though), with excellent choice of food and drinks. The staff is amazing - very friendly, efficient, and helpful. I stopped at the reception desk to ask for some language hints on my way to a pharmacy (wanted to have phrases like "I want this medicine for a child" in Bahasa Indonesia, just in case), and they offer to get the medicines for us, brought some tea and treats for our daughter (making sure first that she's not asleep) etc. All the staff we interacted speaks good English. Definitely a good place to stay in Jakarta.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

A stunning colonial type hotel and the hospitality was exceptional. The staff are genuinely enthusiastic to please and made us feel very welcome. I was visiting Jakarta for business and had bought my mother for company - so location wise, it was less than brilliant if you have meetings in South Jakarta (the main business district), The breakfast buffet was the largest and best quality I have ever witnessed!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business