“Asia Restaurant at the RC Kuningan”

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan
Ranked #2 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
North West England
“Asia Restaurant at the RC Kuningan”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The restaurant is not separately listed so please be aware I am only commenting on the Asia Restaurant. This was amazing - we went for the Sunday lunch buffet on 2 occassions - I was visiting my husband works in Jakarta. It has to be the best buffet restaurant I have ever seen, we were also given a private dining room which was good as we liked the quieter setting. The buffet is all inclusive and we chose the alcohol addition the bill was a million!! but in UK terms £80 for the 2 of us so in this amazingly expensive city we felt this was good value. There is so much food available freshly cooked exactly as you would like it - it would take far too long to list it all. Ask what was not available and there is very little, if you cannot eat here you must be amazingly fussy. I would go back in an instant, if you want to go at the weekend make sure you book as they are very very busy. Loved it

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Rachmalia N, Public Relations Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan, responded to this review, March 19, 2013
Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to express your important feedback regarding your enjoyable stay with us. We are so grateful that you have enjoyed our culinary offerings and we have shared your complimenting feedback to the Ladies and Gentlemen of Asia Restaurant.

The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan always plegde to provide the finest personal service and facilities for our guests. Please allow us to introduce you to a few renowned hotspots in the Mega Kuningan area for your future visit to Jakarta.

Be rest assured that your next stay with us will be even a more pleasurable one, as we continuously strive to provide the most memorable and unique stay for our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back at The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan.

Should you need further assistance or inquiry regarding your future stay, please do not hesitate to contact us via email at rc.jktrz.pr@ritzcarlton.com or call us at +62-21-2551 8888.

The Management
The Ritz-Carlton Jakarta, Mega Kuningan

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (139)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Your stay will be definitely lengendary in Ritz Carlton. I am not use to promote this way hotels but this one is the best I ever stayed !

From the reception for check-in to the check-out, every single details was so great. The utmost attention is paid by the staff to you - they call you by your name. The quality of the room is a way far from most of people high standard living conditions : huge bedroom, bed, bathroon, king size bed is awsome, .... Go check it out as words are limited here. I stayed there 2 times for business travel and everytime I go to JKT, I try to book there ! Be in advance cause the hotel is often fully booked.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed there after we got married across town and we were greeted with a birthday cake for my wife in the room. That was a nice surprise. We had a standard room, which is bigger than any standard room you see in the US. The shower is flanked by window-side tub on one side and a large walk-in closet on another. We slept peacefully on the bed with the biggest pillows I've slept on. The room service was great and came on time. The breakfast buffet is humongous and plentiful, but can be really crowded in the late morning (we came once at 8am and we were promptly seated, but the next day at 9:30am we had to wait for a while until we found a table we liked).

I found the gym useful (and accidentally left my sunglasses there) and the pool refreshing (too bad it rained when we were there). All the staff was nice, we stayed inside the room most of the time. I just wish as business hotel they provide a wall plug near the bed and wouldn't charge you for wi-fi connection.

Both of us think that for the bed and the ambiance, we don't mind returning to this hotel in the future.

Room Tip: Any room is fine, probably closer to the elevator because the rooms branch out to the sides and you...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Spacious room with great bathroom, convenient location. Food is delucious. We had a seperate working area with great views around the area. Staff was helpful at all times although around breakfast times a little slow but still nice

• Stayed February 2013
San Juan, Philippines
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed here for business at a very good corporate. I've always known the brand is luxurious and never actually stayed on one as the price usually is prohibitive on both personal and business travels (on the Marriott chain, I've only stayed on Marriott or JW Marriott the most).

I was greeted by first name at the security check and was welcomed at the front door then escorted to my room for check-in upon my arrival.

The room itself (upgraded to Tempus Grand Room) was very large, the fixtures were top notch and bathroom was nice, with a walk-in closet. Had a view of the surrounding Mega Kuningan area

Breakfast was at Asia restaurant. They had a wide spread of food selection (Western, Korean, Japanese, Chinese, local Indonesian) so food taste is not a problem on my few days stay.

Given the chance, I will stay at this hotel again if business (or personal travel) swings me by this city once again.

Room Tip: high floor is always nice. get the Tempus Grand, Larger Corner room if you may
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights for a work conference, and didn't actually leave except for dinner one evening...

It's fine and did the job. I don't think it's the most amazing or exciting hotel, but the bedrooms are large, the breakfast buffet selection is pretty good, and the ground floor Italian restaurant serves a good veal chop. So I guess I'd call this place a "functional" 5-star hotel, if there's such a thing..

If I was to try and fault it, it would be to say that some of the fixtures and fittings in the rooms look a little tired and I'm wondering if the place won't be due a refurbishment soon. I know most people don't use business centres any more, but the one here was ok - though they seemed to close relatively early.

Probably won't be back - if I have to return to Jakarta, I think I want to try the Grand Hyatt, where quite a few other conference attendees stayed instead.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Winter Park, Florida, United States
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I haven't been to Jakarta for quite sometime, I was sent with a mind full of bad premonition what might happen to me while on business there. I took a cab ride to the hotel, traffic was crazy, people are jamming at every corner of the city. Once I arrived at the hotel area, security were very tight, i can feel safe already. Got into the lobby, I was greeted and given welcome drink. Very nice lobby too, calm, elegant and clean. All the staff were very nice, gave me the best room, with a view and they also do every paper work fast, just the way i like it. Cause i was early 3 hour, i ask them to hurry a bit so i can rest. They did it! 1 hour wait and i'm in heaven. Room was clean, especially the carpet, no toe nails or else. Design is above my expectation, bed was soft and just great. Bathroom was awesome, every linen and cloth were white as cloud.
The best thing about this hotel was the Concierge. She handle all my problem, from calling a cab, to delivering mail, she always greeted with my name.
During my 3 days stay i enjoy every meal they offer me, breakfast was fantastic, i ate like a king! room service was also great, from nasi goreng to tuna sandwich, I'm such a foodie. And you can also tell them to hurry up a bit.
All in all my trip and stay at this hotel was wonderfully elegant.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business