“A nice hotel”

Ranked #3 of 456 Hotels in Jakarta
Washington, D.C.
“A nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

I enjoy staying at Ritz properties and this was no exception. I originally wanted to stay at the location attached to the Pacific Place mall but it was sold out. This location was okay but there was nothing within walking distance so you basically walked out of the hotel and into a cab to get most places. I wasn't hugely thrilled with Jakarta. It was mostly dirty, hot and overly crowded (the traffic is truly a nightmare here). I enjoyed my room at the Ritz..really spacious, separate bathroom, nice shower, large soaking tub overlooking the city..and the restaurants were also really nice. The staff are helpful, too.

The only problem I had was that I got sick after eating dinner one night just before I was due to leave. I felt bad because the hotel had gone out of their way to make me a dish that was not on their menu so I did not tell them of the adverse effects I experienced after eating this meal (which is my fault...I should have). In any case, I thought it was food poisoning and that it would go away but when I got back to the States I ended up having to be hospitalized because I had caught a much more vile illness from the food. I guess it's par for the course for a third world country like Indonesia but I expected the food handling/quality at the Ritz to be a little better. This was probably a fluke but I can't give this hotel 5 stars as a result.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Vietnamese first
Seria, Brunei Darussalam
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel at the end of a three week trip to indonesia and it proved to be a fantastic end to our trip.

Having stayed at a great many hotels of different standards over the years i had high expectations of the standard of service I expected and wasn't disappointed. The room was a good size with an excellent bathroom and walk in wardrobe. Facilities in the room were good although it does frustrate me that this hotel suffered from the strange phenomenon that the more you pay for a hotel, the more you have to pay for internet access.

We at at the hotel twice and can heartily recommend Lobo for an evening meal. The attention to detail in the preparation and ingredients for each dish was evident and the personal attention from the chef, Mariano Liuzza, during the meal was impressive.

When we made a reservation at Lobo we had made enquiries about whether the food was halal. All our questions were answered confidently and I was impressed to find that when we arrived for dinner, the waiter removed our wine glasses and didn't present us with a wine menu without any further prompting. This attention to detail inspires confidence in the service you are receiving and was much appreciated.

Many thanks particularly must go to Chef Liuzza and his staff.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Pakistandy
Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2011

This was my second stay at the Ritz, the first being at the one in Singapore, and I must say that it is The Best hotel I've ever stayed in.

I have nothing to complain about the Ritz Kuningan, really. The room was huge and very spacious, and the beds were super comfortable. The large windows made for a fantastic view of the city and at the same time, you can close the curtains if you want it dark for you to sleep in. The magazine selection was wide and had something for everyone, even a wedding magazine which I really appreciated as I'm getting married next year.

The bathroom was luxurious and comfortable. Directly next to the bath was a large window so you can enjoy the great view while relaxing in the bath - so distinctively Ritz! (it had the exact same concept in Singapore) Adjoining the bathroom was the spacious walk-in closet where there was more than enough room to hang your clothes and store your luggage.

The breakfast buffet was really good as well - there was a wide variety of international and local food. I could stay there and eat the entire morning. The pool was awesome as well - big and had a really beautiful garden setting. I really enjoyed the little huts (complete with ceiling fans) where you could sleep the afternoon away or read a book.

Even the location is great - in the city, close to Ambassador shopping centre and eateries. For places further away, a cab ride is easy, fast and affordable. Also, they have tight security for getting into the hotel since the Marriot bombings, so you know you are safe.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I have stayed at the Ritz Carlton at least 6 times in the last 4 years. All I can say is you won't regret. The service is amazing, the rooms are big and have all the amenities you would expect in such hotel.

To avoid noise disturbance ask for a room not facing the mosque.

They have a great swimming pool.

SPA: The spa is nice, but I highly recommend to go to the Spa at the other Ritz -at the Pacific Place. The spa at Pacific Place is way better ( newer and the therapists are much better) and the prices and treatments are the same. Titin was my therapist and she was amazing!

Jakarta:
For the girls- If you have some spare time head to Grand Indonesia Mall to Irwan team salon ( -----------) they have a Kerastese salon inside their salon and they do the most amazing hair treatament for 2 hours for US$ 40, that includes kerastese mask + feet /hand/neck /shoulder massage. A real treat...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wonderfulworld2009
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2011

Reception is small but the staff is friendly n helpfull, good services and food, professional. The pool was clean, blue fresh color with gren garden arround, not much guest at the pool at that time, we relaxed and enjoy the lunch also there, the food was delicious, coctails and juice was fresh. the staff so helpfull. The room is clean, spacious, complete amenities, just like other 5star hotel. No Complain.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank adelicious
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2011

The best place I stayed so far in Jakarta, the service is great (pre- / aftersales) e-mail will be answered within an hour! The rooms are super generous, I was travelling to Hong Kong after Jakarta and felt the difference in space constraints.

Room Tip: Simply ask and describe your preferences