“Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square

Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
Ranked #36 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed on Business. Club Floor.
Room is generally clean.
Bed Mattress & Pillows are clean and comfortable.
Power Sockets embedded in Desk is in an awkward position, so plugging in your devices maybe be challenging or almost impossible. Desk Chair is not comfortable.
Toilet & Shower is basic & clean although showing signs of age.
Tap Water was a little salty during my stay.

Club Floor served decent food throughout. Bear in mind, Alcohol is not free flow during Cocktail hours.

Hotel is connected to Shopping Mall. Very convenient to shop for bargains. Clothes, bags, IT.
Carrefour, J.CO, A&W, Wendy's, 7-11. A coupe of Chinese Restaurants at the building perimeter.

I will be back.

1 Thank SG_FamilyGuy
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear SG_FamilyGuy,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor!

Also, thank you for had stayed on our Premier Floor. I wish your stay was truly an enjoyable one. I am sorry for the inconveniences caused by the electricity sockets location, the desk chair, and the water. I have taken note from your comment to be discussed further with related departments for improvements.

At the same time, I am glad to hear that you like the light meal servings as the Premier Floor’s guest benefit!

I really look forward to welcome you back again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square on your next trip to Jakarta!

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

Room not ready on arrival at 3pm waited an hour which was not worth waiting for very basic towels looked ready to be thrown out grey and threadbare no toilet paper or tissues. Went down for dinner restaurant completely empty tried to order food to be told they had no chicken ! So we got up and left went across the road and had local food perhaps that's what everyone does but not when the road is flooded all you want to do is stay in your hotel. Due to stay for 5 nights but checked out in the morning and went to the Pullman Central Park wonderful hotel could not fault it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Dear Haitch55,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience at our hotel!

Foremost, I really do apologize for the inconveniences happened during your stay! I have reviewed the issue on the towels and tissues with the related departments and now we are on progress to replace all the towels in the guest rooms. The first batch of new towels has come and we already put it starting from 8th and 9th floor.

I have checked with the restaurant and I am also sorry we ran out of chicken breast for your dinner order. I really wish we could have the opportunity to serve you better next time!

Should you have other suggestions that may make us your preferred stay in Jakarta, please feel free to write to me at vincent.wybier@accor.com. I look forward hearing from you soon.

Malaysia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

The hotel room seriously need refurbishment. I don feel like using the toilet in the room. Stains and damages are found in the toilet bowl and basin. The towel is with nasty smell . The fridge door is unable to open at all. I am paying 100 usd for such staying experience. Will not choose this hotel again for sure.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear Edwin98,

Thank you for comments on your recent stay at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. Rest assured that your comments have been reviewed and we have taken further actions for improvement. New towels have arrived and I am now working on the renovation plan for the guest rooms. I really hope this experience did not mar your impressions with our hotel.

I sincerely wish for your visit again soon and please do feel free to contact me at vincent.wybier@accor.com prior to your arrival. We will do our best to ensure your entire pleasant experience staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square.

singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

Me and my colleagues stayed at Novotel Mangga Dua for 4 nights for a business trip. We found the rooms are not well maintained. The floor was oily and we would not want to bare our feet at all. The worst was the water from the tap smell and was salty. Chatted with another hotel guest and she revealed that she had to use the drinking water to brush her teeth as the taste of the water was unbearable.

Adding on, the bed was the worst I had slept on from all my hotels stay. There's minimal cushion/foam from the mattress. My 4 nights stay at the hotel were uncomfortable. I dread returning to my room daily.

The worst experience from my colleague was that he found that the bathroom was not clean properly and he could still smell coconut oil from the basin and saw urine spots on the urinary bowl. He was considerate not to disturb the housekeeper at 11pm (our arrival time at the hotel) and hence he cleaned the bathroom himself by using the water hose to spray the bathroom thoroughly.

The shopping around the hotel was not fantastic and there's limited decent restaurants in the hotel vicinity. I am utterly disappointed with Novotel's standard at Mangga Dua.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Ling77,

Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion about your stay with us.

I’m so sorry to read your disappointment & since you have stayed four nights, I wish you could have contacted us to solve issues immediately.

In fact, any departments of the hotel are 24 hours at your service & I’m very surprised to find out that you or your colleague wouldn’t “disturb” anyone of us.

However, I will make sure with the entire team that every rooms & every part of the hotel could be ready on time to meet your expectation.

Our bed & cushion are from King Koil brand providing a very high standard of comfort. I’m sorry that you couldn’t enjoy them!

I hope to get the chance to welcome you again to meet you personally & serve you better!

As we always look for opportunity to enhance our guest experience, you are very welcome to contact me personally at vincent.wybier@accor.com.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Novotel Mangga Dua one night upon arrival in Jakarta with a late night flight.
We reached the hotel in less than half an hour from the airport (the main reason why we booked Novotel Mangga Dua).
We were pleasantly surprised by the spaciousness and cleanliness of the room and by the staff, who were friendly and ready to help when called. We ordered "Ayam Hainan" as our late night dinner (room service) and it was delicious.
Breakfast was good and with plenty of choice.
Though we did not use the swimming pool, we couldn't help noticing that it is quite nice.
Our request for a late check out was accommodated at a very reasonable price.
The ratio quality/price is very good.
All in all our expectations were beaten and we left with a very good opinion of this hotel.
We will consider again Novotel Mangga Dua, if we do not have to stay in the business district.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Roberto F
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Roberto F,

I wish to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am very pleased to read your recent experience staying at our hotel and all in a very good opinion!

The team members at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square have, and will always do our best to make the most of your stay. I am also glad that you like the Ayam Hainan for your dinner! You should try our delicious authentic local foods by our chefs next time.

Should your plans find you travel to the area, we certainly hope to serve you once again!

Calgary
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Stayed here in the heart of Chinatown to attend wedding. Service was great, room adequate, breakfast buffet best we had in our month long trip in Asia. The shopping at Mangga Dua Square was very convenient adjacent to the hotel. Wonderful swimming pool to do laps for morning swim.
Staff went out of their way to make us English speaking guests feel comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Joan S
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Joan S,

It is great to hear that you have a good experience while staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Thank you for the kind review you post here on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you were satisfied with our location, room, breakfast, the ‘wonderful’ swimming pool and service! Our team at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square promises will always do our best to serve our Guest. I wish your stay at the hotel is truly a memorable one.

Should you plan to travel to the city again, I wish we will still be your preferred accommodation and I look forward to welcome you back to Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!