“Lost in time?”

Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
Ranked #37 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed May 15, 2013

A hotel that once had its benefits, but is lost in time as maintenance and upkeep seems to have been forgotten. The rooms are huge, the lights dim and the overall "brown" impression is so depressing that this is only for sleep and then out. I expect much more from something carrying the Novotel brand.
That said, it is a fairly large and modern hotel, has a nice pool centred in the middle of the complex, in a court yard so only view to sky above; has a nice bar area and serves decent breakfast in the morning.
By the way, the hotel is located in the wing of a shopping complex...

Room Tip: Avoid overlooking the main street as it is a noisy street, horns honking all the time. Also avoid 7t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Ger T,

Thank you for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and reviewing us on TripAdvisor!

I truly appreciate your comment on the hotel maintenance issue. We have been trying quite a number of options to refurbish hotel area. In this year of 2013, we have renovated the Bengawan Solo Grand Ballroom, breakfast area in 5th floor, and the Kids Club. Rest assured we are still working on this direction.

Meanwhile, I am glad to learn that you like the pool, Lounge Bar, and the breakfast. Thank you for sharing this to us!

Should you travel back to the area, I look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square soon!

Kind regards,
Vincent Wybier (General Manager)
Vincent.Wybier@accor.com

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Good location. Walking distance to Carrefour, shopping malls, fastfood / restaurants / bakeries. Easily accessible (via toll) from the Soekarno-Hatta airport. Service staffs are friendly, and the room is quite clean and big. Towels are not 4-star hotel's standard though. Bed & pillows are comfy and clean. The room comes with water heater, tea/coffee bar, hair dryer, torch light, basic toiletries (such like toothbrush, conditioning shampoo, bath soap, shower gel, etc). They have nice outdoor swimming pool located at the fitness / spa / lounge level. Highly recommended for staying with small children as the hotel also provide bottle warmer & baby cot upon request (with additional charges).

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear TPCSingapore,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how you feel about Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

I am delighted to hear that you with the family had a good time staying with us. I hope your genuine review on the hotel location, room, facilities and the hospitality of our staffs will encourage the readers to be more confident in choosing our hotel. I also have taken note on the towels issue and will review this matter further with the concerned department.

Again, thank you for have stayed with us and recommending us to the fellow travellers!

I look forward to welcome you and the family back again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

stayed often in Premier Floor and always satisfied for the service, ambience, and food. Super friendly service there, special mention to Ms. Wina in the reception desk and Ms. Tanty for arrange my sudden meeting
I love stay in Novotel Mangga Dua because the strategic location which easier to find something to eat. Really look forward to stay here again

2  Thank RioSamudra

Dear Bapak Rio Samudra,

Thank you for becoming our loyal guest and posting a kind review for us on TripAdvisor!

I very much appreciate your confidence in our product and services all this time. Your compliment also has been passed to Ms. Wina and Ms. Tanty and surely they are thankful for it. I trust a positive comments such yours will motivate our team to keep up with the services given.

Again, thank you for your contribution and I look forward to have you stay again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square soon!

(Vincent.Wybier@accor.com)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Absolutely one of the best hotel swimming pool! Kids really love it. Room is big with wooden floor. Nice and helpful staffs at lobby and the restaurant. Lots of choice at the breakfast.

Wifi was slow in my room, but then they fix it after i called. Fast enough!

1  Thank LoveCinnamonz

Dear LoveCinnamonz,

Thank you for your kind review!

I am also glad to hear that you and the kids love our swimming pool. We are soon will have a kids club too nearby the pool within these couple months; I hope your children will like it, too!

I felt sorry for the wifi disturbance but delighted that you notified us directly so we could fix it right away.

I look forward to welcome you with the family back again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A decent hotel to stay in amid the pollution and greyness of Jakarta. The rooms are nicely furnished with clean sheets and towels. Bathroom fittings could however do with a refit. Convenient location as food and amenities are within a five minute walk of the lobby at Mangga Dua Square. What I like the most about this hotel is the 50 metre lap pool and well maintained gym.

Room Tip: Ask for a room where there is no noise ( loud music) from the adjoining building.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear DiverDanWee,

Thank you for reviewing Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

It is our pleasure to have you stayed with us, and I am glad to hear that you enjoy the convenience of our location, the room, and especially the Olympic-size pool and the gym! I’ve also noted your input on the bathroom. We have already put that on our hotel project list as well as some other projects which have been in progress. I hope you will find us improving upon your next stay at our hotel.

Should you coming back to Jakarta, I look forward to welcome you again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Vincent.Wybier@accor.com

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very nice hotel, clean, good location, shopping and friendly staff. Room is clean but housekeeping of room is slow. I was away for whole morning and came back at about 3.00pm but the room was not clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
2  Thank peter161500
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear peter161500,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how you feel about our hotel and services!

While we are sorry to know that the Housekeeping service fell short of your expectation, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and kind words on the hotel and our hospitality. Our team is committed – and will continually strive – to provide the best accommodation experience for our Guests.

I look forward to serving you again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square in the near future!

Reviewed April 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there 2 nights. Booked standard rooms, but got some nice surprise when check-in the rooms were upgraded to deluxe for free.
The room was spacious. Swimming pool was excellent and large enough.
Location was great since it was located near major shopping area.
Will return there for sure.

1  Thank IceCone
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2013

Dear IceCone,

Thank you for have stayed at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square and kindly post a review on TripAdvisor!

It is very gratifying for us to know that you enjoy your upgraded deluxe room and the pool! I hope everything from your arrival until your departure was well taken care of. I with the team here will always try to provide our Guests even a better service from time to time.

Please do let me know should you have planned to stay back at the hotel. It will be my pleasure to be able to assist you personally upon your next visit to Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Have a wonderful week ahead!

Vyncent.Wybier@accor.com