“Excellent Hotel”

Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square
Ranked #37 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square in November 2012. That was not the first time I stayed there and it will be my hotel choice in Jakarta. The room is clean and big, the staff are very helpfull and good hospitality, the food is yum yummy :) and the location is great.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Stevanie_hartanto,

Thank you for sparing your valuable time to post a review of our hotel!

It is our foremost pleasure to have you stay at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square from time to time. We very much appreciate your generous compliment toward our hotel, and please be ensured that it will keep us be motivated to serve our Guests even better.

Once again, thank you for have stayed with us and I look forward to welcome you back again very soon!

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Me and my friends stayed here for attending event. We are satisfying. The Hotel was good location, neat, nice place and service. Staff was very helpful and the facility was great for stay and also room was big with completed amenities set up and I recommend for all traveler to visit Novotel Mangga Dua during holiday or doing business.Enjoy your stay at Novotel .BRAVO!!!

1  Thank ocoy s

Dear ocoy s,

I am excited to know that you and your friends are satisfied staying with us!

Thank you for sharing your experience and recommending Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square with all fellow travelers. I hope your review will convince them to give us an opportunity to show the standard of service we are committed to offer to our Guests.

I hope to see you soon at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square whether for business or leisure!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Stayed for two nights (9-11 March 2013) - Room 6211 facing the main road.
Paid about Rupiah 1.8 million for two nights. Booked through Booking.com

1. Clean and comfortable room, no noise heard .
2. Fast check-in (came at about 10 pm) and check-out (about 1.30 pm)
3. Easy to get food outside the hotel.
To get there, just cross the road in front of the hotel using the busway crossing. You get lots
of local food there cheaply - nasi Padang, warteg (rice shop), chicken porridge, fried
banana, ect ect. But if you have weak stomach, make sure you buy really fresh foods, one
that just come out of pots or foods that are cooked in front of you.
For less than Rupiah 10,000 i got really good breakfast there. I miss Indonesian foods...

Or alternatively, you could go to the shopping mall attached to the hotel. But it opens a bit
late in the morning.
4. Located near shopping center, ITC Mangga Dua (about 15 minutes' car ride in a traffic jam
road) and Pasar Baru
5. Located near Gunung Sahari busway station (even though i did not use the bus)
6. Have nice and clean swimming pool and its surrounding area
7. On the last day of stay, granted one hour extension stay upon request without fuss
8. Bell-boy service came straight away upon request
9. Tea-making facility in the room
10. Near neighborhood traditional market (if you know how to get there - i went by trishaw from across the road in front of the hotel). The market is good to get reasonably priced local fruits and foods.
11. The hotel is located near cheap laundry shops (just cross the busy road in front of the hotel using busway crossing). There, laundry costs Rupiah 7000 per kilo.
12. No smoke smells throughout the hotel area, and of course the room i stayed. Yay i hate smoke smell!

Dislike

1. Only one pair of slipper and one bath robe provided in the room. Both items should be supplied in pair (two for each item).
2. Severe traffic jam and smelly and murky river in front of the hotel.
3. No coffee drink provided in the room (only tea bags provided). Instead of three different kind of tea, please provide coffee in a sachet also
4. Mineral water only provided on the first day of a two days’ stay. It should be provided daily.
5. Price of room rate could have been reduced
6. Wi fi signal quite unstable in the room
7. No morning newspaper provided for hotel guests

Room Tip: I had no problem with the room even though it was facing the main road.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Ms. Titi Rahmawati H,

Thank you for this wonderful review of your recent stay at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square! I am glad to learn that you have experienced so many things within and around our hotel – including local traditional market, yummy banana fritters, and the becak (that's what the locals call the trishaw) – while staying with us.

Regarding the issue encountered with the room amenities (slipper & bath robe), indeed we only provide one per room right now and we will be glad to deliver another pair upon your request. Coffee is available in purple sachet (in Novotel’s own packaging, similar with sugar, brown sugar, sweetener, and creamer packaging) and is placed in the same container with the sugars. I also have taken note from your comments on newspaper and mineral water which we provide daily and will discuss this further with the related departments so future actions could be taken. Thank you for your kind contribution!

For the best price on our room rate, you may make your booking through Accorhotels websites. We will soon launch our own microsite also so you can keep up to date with our latest news and offers.

Looking forward to have you staying with us again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed March 12, 2013

My family and I, stayed here on 2 to 4th of March 2013. Novotel is 10 minutes drive to Jakarta Expo, where we need to go in the evening for a Java Jazz Festival. It's also attached with the Mangga Dua Mall. When we checked in, we were suggested to upgrade our room by paying an extra money (1/3 from the room rate that we booked) to the room on Premier Floor. We were told that we could use/enjoy the premiere lounge at anytime from morning to evening. I finally took this suggestion, and had one executive suite room and standart premier, on the premier 8th floor.
The executive suite room has 2 rooms, bedroom and the living room, it's huge in size, but not really functional. It has a dining area, with plenty of cupboard. The bedroom, is big, lots of wardrobe, you can put your suitcases in it. With the wooden wall, it looks a bit dark, and without additional wall decoration, it looks a bit lonely. One thing that quite bothering, was the AC. The AC fan is really high, for some reason, it could not be switched to lower fan. The bathroom size, is more than enough. I think is too big, without enought exhaust/ventilation system. No ironing board, but you can ask for it. The breakfast in the Premier lounge, was just okay. The service was quite slow, I had to wait more than 15 mins for my scrambled Egg, it's too long with 3 guest to serve. The nice thing about the lounge was, is way more quite and has a good view (facing to the pool). The breakfast in the main rest' on the 5th floor, was really crowded, it took a while for the staff to refill the empty dish on the buffet. I would say, that is a 3 star kind of breakfast. I was a bit dissapointed, to pay for the room up grade, because it was not that worth it. The premiere Floor was not really premier after all.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear Nyikoya,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square with us!

It is a great regret to read about the shortcomings happened during your stay with us. Please accept my sincerest apologies for falling short of our usual standards.

I have taken note from your comments regarding the room atmosphere, air conditioning system, breakfast and Premier Floor services to be further discussed so corrective steps could be taken and to ensure these inconveniences will not happen again to our Guests in the future.

I really wish we noticed your discomfort right away at the time of your stay to be able to fix things up. I hope this will not affect your positive perception to choose our hotel. Please contact me directly at vincent.wybier@accor.com to personally assist you with your future arrangement should you travel back to Jakarta.

I look forward for the opportunity to have you stay back again at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hotel is good location and the staff are friendly. Was upgraded to premium executive room. Room was nice except the lighting was not enough in the living a little dim. Otherwise everthing else is perfect!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2013

Dear jenny_leelow,

Thank you for taking the time to review Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square!

It is always a pleasure to acknowledge that our Guests have a memorable stay with us. Indeed, it is also our commitment to serve our Guests even better. I will surely pass your compliment to the staffs as an encouragement, that the service rendered is truly appreciated.

I’ve also taken note on your comment regarding the room lighting. Again, thank you for your contribution and for staying at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square. I look forward to welcome you back soon at our hotel!

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm sorry, but I don't understand how no one as mentioned the noise of the cinema which you experience between 10 in the morning and 10 at night?
'Die Hard', if it's showing in the cinema next door, you can definitely live the experience, if your staying on floor 5 of this hotel. I don't know about the other floors.

Room Tip: From my experience, don't choose floor 5.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Dear Gary F,

Thank you for sharing your feedback to us!

Please accept my sincerest apologize for the inconvenience happened during your stay at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square. I have well noted your concern and will take this matter seriously since our Guests’ satisfaction is on top of our priority. We are now still working on the best way to resolve this noise issue to the cinema’s management as well as the property management so this won’t happen again in the future.

I hope this event will not deter you to stay with us again in the future and I look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square during your next visit to Jakarta!

Reviewed February 26, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
NovotelJakartaM2S, General Manager at Novotel Jakarta Mangga Dua Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 7, 2013