“A good deal for the price”
Review of grandkemang Hotel

grandkemang Hotel
Ranked #85 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Good location of the Hotel. Nice welcoming people on arrival, lobby of good size, impression of lots of space. Check in is fast. Rooms of comfortable, with all amenities needed. They are yet more on the old still, don't expect a modern room for the basic rate. But all is good.
Bfkt is average. A buffet still, but average in terms of quality of dishes. In the coffee country, they should change there coffee machine, it is really bad.
Pool is small and the lobby gives directly on it, so no privacy. Did not find any pool towel?

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Michele M, General Manager at grandkemang Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Tree69,

Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I would like to take this opportunity to convey our gratitude for taking the time to provide valuable feedback to our attention.

It is great to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate of our service and staff alike.

I am sorry to read that the towel were not available when you where in the pool and I apologise for this.
We are reviewing the process on and availability of pool towels and soon I will be to report a better service for this.

I will be glad to welcome you personally during your next stay

Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services here at grandkemang Hotel Jakarta.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

It's a grand deluxe room but it is certainly smaller than what I expected. Breakfast is inclusive in the room rate. However, the selection is limited. The room has all the basic necessities but is run down. Because it is run down, it does not give a super comfort level. However, given the relatively cheaper rate, there is no complaint.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends

Dear LCPCL,

Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I am glad to read that overall you had a good experience with us. For sure the size of the room and its intrinsic benefit and comfort are different in all room type, and probably it would be nice for you to stay in our Lumin Executive Suite, or the Brilian Grand Suite with its state of the art equipment.

Reviewed March 31, 2014

Stayed here for 4 days because I wanted to be in Kemang. Not the best area if you are a tourist looking to do some shopping but the restaurants and night life in the area more than make up for that. Really good value hotel with friendly and helpful staff. Used the gym a couple of times which wasn't massive, but at least had the usual sort of machines and weights. This is right beside the outdoor pool though didn't seem to get used much when I was there. I thought the breakfast was pretty good. Eggs cooked to order.

Room was spacious and had no complaints about cleanliness or noise. Overall pretty good and I would try and stay there again if I needed to be in Kemang. I have previously been in the Alila Icon in Kemang which I wasn't that impressed with in comparison.

The hotel is one of the biggest in Kemang I think so every taxi I got into wherever I was knew exactly how to get there.

Room Tip: No spa here but if that's what your interested in there's an excellent place called Living S...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Ecosse_Unique,

Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I am very happy to read your review and appreciation to our services and staff alike.

Kemang area is recognised as one of the best for food and night life as you report and there are plenty of choices for all pockets and quality.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Great service, nice personnel, great food.
Make sure you choose a room far away for the Night Club nearby if you want to enjoy a potential sleep before 4 AM except Monday. I was in room 228 and it was awful. The DJ at the neighbour night club is ferocious.
Bathrooms should also be reviewed, a bit old and leaks over the place.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms nearby the Night club nearby
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Didier D,

Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I am very concern to hear the noise of the room you have been. We have good relationship with our neighbours, which normally reduce the sound pollution upon request.
Although noise from our night bars around is out of our direct control, I would very much like to directly compensate, if it is possible during your next stay.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

A nice hotel, but my room was not that good. A lot of 'mould' on the ceiling near to the entrance and closet. Handle of tap in the shower fell of every time. Hard to regulate water temperature ...came.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear JohanMoerbekeWaas,

Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I am very concern to hear the condition of the room as you describe it during your stay.
We proud ourself both in our services and, most importantly, in the attention of our maintenance and housekeeping teams.

They seems to have both failed all control in place for releasing your room as available.
At present I can only apologise for the inconvenience, and I hope you will allow grandkemang team a second opportunity to show you the high level of quality we pride ourselves on.

Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel in busy area. Lots of dining, coffee and other shops close by. Very friendly staff. Fittnes room could have been equipped with bike. Also rather small. Start early it is quickly crowded.
Nice English pub. Rooms are getting older but still clean. Good value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Arnold W,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I am very happy to hear that your family as much as yourself enjoyed their stay.
We did improve some of our gym equipment and we choose to update the equipment that is used the most. A Bike will be a good addition.

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Stayed at Grand kemang for one night. location was, well, its in a jammed area. I dont like the smell of the Hotel lobby, and the long walk to the rooms. But the service is great, everyone is so helpful. Would be great if they have a spa though, cos when i asked the receptionist, there's none in the Hotel or nearby.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear missnor,

Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta

I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

For sure the hotel has some rooms far from the lift as the hotel is developed only on 4 floors.
We do however have plenty of opportunity to make sure you have a room close by for your enjoyment if you can let us know while making the reservation.