“Excellence”

Ranked #79 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Perth, Australia
“Excellence”
Reviewed October 16, 2013

From the time I arrived in the hotel I was treated as tho I was royalty, In particular Zara fro the front desk went out of her way to understand I needed some extra help - 1 Emerald Green and Deep Purple Florez Sarong - I had asked many retailers to no avail and colleges at work again to no avail. Zara delivered without fuss or issues. Zara my wife loves them you made her life better thank you.

Room Tip: Take your time in asking the question, don't yell and don't speak down to the staff
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Michele M, General Manager at grandkemang Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Paul S,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta
I would like to take this opportunity to convey our gratitude for taking the time to provide valuable feedback to our attention, and helpful to other guest
It is especially rewarding for the staff whose name is mentioned and recognized in their courteous and positive approach to all our guests. Zarah’s solving problem skills has been exceptional and I am sure they will continue to improve in her career.
Your feedback is very important to us in order to improve our services here at grandkemang Hotel Jakarta.

Michele Meoni

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
washington, dc
Reviewed October 11, 2013

The Grandkemang is generally a nice hotel. The price is pretty reasonable, the rooms are pretty nice, the food is good, the decor and layout are nice and it's located in a hip area. But the fact that there's a stage that blares music late at night (karaoke, DJs and live bands) 50 meters from my window is ridiculous. I'm not even the closest to the stage. You might say "well you're in the Kemang. You should expect that your bed will vibrate with the bass of someone with no ability to sing belting out Whitney Houston." It's not worth it. I will never stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank kenyonstreet
Michele M, General Manager at grandkemang Hotel, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear cannostreet,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta
I would like to take this opportunity to convey our gratitude for taking the time to provide valuable feedback to our attention.
I read your complaint with distress and worry about the loud music. We are normally communicating and coordinating with the organizer in the event of outdoor events around us. We normally minimize such event to impact our guests stay, by allocating rooms which are not affected by the noise, yet we failed to do both during your last stay and I want to apologize directly.
I understand I cannot repair the damage done to your disturbed night sleep. I can only offer you the opportunity to see that not all rooms have the noise problem and that this happens very seldom.
I would appreciate if you could contact me directly to try and convince to come back and stay with us, as you were extremely objective and happy about all our services.
Your feedback is always important to us in order to improve our services here at grandkemang Hotel Jakarta.

Michele Meoni

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I am stayed here just for 2 days but i already feel the good atmosphere..

my room is grand deluxe with the front view and not noisy like others comment said..

the breakfast was have many choices and the taste was very good. I like it..

restarurant, fast food, boutique, and shopping centre is very near by walking distance..

And the most i still remember that, the staff in front really really helpfully. I got the welcome drink when check in and i got just 2minutes for check in proccess..

i had a good communication between the staff and they called my name whenever i passed the lobby.. excellent service.. i love it..

i really wanna come back there if i have meeting again at jakarta.. thank you grandkemang..

• Stayed October 2013
Dear zao_love,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta
It is rewarding for our staff to be recognized in their courteous and positive approach to all our guests, and the speed of our check-in process.

sydney
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

The location is very good, very convenience, close to shops, cafe. The rooms is a bit small, especially the bathroom. Service is average. Some staff they are not friendly, when we tried to check in, they said our name not in the system, apparently they are, and they didn't apologise.

• Stayed September 2013
Michele M, General Manager at grandkemang Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear SydneyClarice,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta
I would like to apologize for the unwelcome arrival, and I can assure you that my staff and I take pride in trying our best to make sure that all our guests have a warm and enjoyable stay. I f I could receive you direct information I could provide proper feedback on your arrival.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed September 28, 2013

The Hotel is very conveniently located. Easy for us to reach our place of work and also very close to a lot of eateries and a mall. The rooms are clean but the carpet in the lobby and the rooms seems a bit old. The staff is very helpful and courteous. The Breakfast spread was good.
I would recommend this hotel for its location and service.

Dear Atul_Datey,

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Maybe it was the particular time I was at this hotel, but when I stayed there. The entrance, foyer, and corridors were full of modern art sculptures. I'm not the right person to tell you if it was good art, but it was certainly refreshing to see something like this.

The fact that so many sculptures were there in the hotel, tells you how roomy it is: corridors are wide and the bedrooms were spacious. All I ever care about is if the internet is good and the coffee at breakfast decent. Both were good.

I would certainly recommend this hotel to other who needed to be in this part of Jakarta.

Dear Grumpy_academic ,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta
I confirm that grandkemang Hotel is the location for ICAD (Indonesia Contemporary art & Design) and this being the 4th edition. For sure was refreshing to see the lobby and corridors dressed up for the occasion and I want to thank you for mentioning it in your review

metro manila
Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a great time here. Good food and very good service. Highly recommended.
But then I don't recommend their Stratford English Pub...cockroaches crawling around the bar and under the table, food and service not good, so we went to the nearby bar.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear raquelbrouwer,
Warmest greetings from grandkemang Hotel Jakarta
I would like to apologize for what you have found in Stanford Arms Pub. Although the location is rented, we take responsibility for issues as health and safety concerns.
I have directly reported this to the management of the pub and I will follow up personally their steps for resolving this issue at the earliest possible time.