“Good for business”

Ranked #365 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Montpellier, France
“Good for business”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice Hotel, nothing special to say. But the room are small, and there is no view. Windows cannot be opened. The bar is nice and the service is perfect. The location is not nice because you re directly on a big road with lot of traffic. So perfect if you re business is near, but to be avoid for vacation.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Hotel Acacia J, General Manager at Acacia Hotel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear yves84_200,

Great to hear that you like our hotel and our service. Our standard room size is 32 sqm which is bigger that any other standard for most of 4 star hotel in Jakarta which ussually range from 22-28 sqm.

Most of the time the traffic is really decent except for certain period (5pm-7pm) due to many people on their way back home from work.

For leisure purpose, we have Pub & karaoke in basement level and swimming pool and spa on 1st floor.

We look forward to welcome you back at The Acacia Jakarta

Best Regards
Bustamar KOTO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I spent a night in this hotel on business trip. Somebody at the office already booked the hotel for twin sharing room. When I checked in at 6 PM, the receptionist told me that the room was not available and told me that they already confirmed it with the one who's done the booking for me. When I puzzled in disbelieve she keep told me that the hotel is not the one to blame, and she kept telling it many time to the point I raise my voice and told her to shut up. It's not nice getting the problem solving from the hospitality business (like a hotel) the way she addressed it. Finally I decided to upgrade my room to the highest class in order to get a twin sharing room.

OK, how about the hotel? The hotel was old, with cigarette smoke smell in some parts of the hotel, the door in the highest class room was very hard to close to the point that we had to slam it! The food at breakfast was OK and consider as standard. There was no other thing you can proud of by staying in this hotel.

At time of checked out, I did it myself in the receptionist. It was at 8 AM the next morning. But at 1 PM in the afternoon, somebody from the hotel asked me weather I want to check out or extend for another night. I was again puzzled when answering the phone. How come, the four-star hotel miss coordinated in their computerize guest list? I told him that I already checked out at 8 AM. He just say that he was sorry and route the call to receptionist since I asked to be put through to make sure that my status already checked out.

I can not believe this hotel? Very bed coordination between staffs with the interior needed to be upgraded and re-furnish.

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel unless you really have too
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Indra M

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed January 26, 2012

The Acacia hotel is a fair location depending where you need to be. It is not an expensive hotel but I would still expect hot water and clean table settings in the restaurant. This was not the case. The Acacia is aging....quickly. The master light switch didn't work so lamps in the room had to be turned on and off by unplugging them from the wall socket. The water in the tap is brownish at first and the shower was lukewarm, the shower curtain stained. The cloth place mats were filthy. I didn't want my silverware to touch them. When a patron gets up from the table fresh silverware is put down but the food encrusted placemat is not changed. The room was a good size and there was free wi-fi everywhere. Breakfast buffet was about what you would expect for this price range of hotel and the coffee was drinkable.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the street regardless of how high the floor.. Make sure to ask for a no...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Sichuanbob
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This was by far the worst hotel we stayed in during our entire 2 month trip in Asia.

The Acasia is billed as a 4 star hotel and maybe 10 years ago this might have been true, but now in 2011 this is definitely not the case.

Lets start with the room. The whole floor we were on stank of stale cigarette smoke, and our room smelt like somebody who smoked 40 a day had died in there. Half of the room lamps didn't work and the sheets on the bed were covered in stains and had holes in them. The shower didn't have any hot water for most of the first day, and the hotel didn't think it was worth telling us that this was the case. When I asked about the water situation I was told that maybe it would take around 3 hours to fix. No WiFi in the room but there is a LAN cable boasting high speed internet, it was about as fast as my first 28k modem so I gave up using it. On going downstairs to use the 'Business Center' and use their PC's for internet access I was informed that it would cost me around £5 an hour! Normally this service is free in any hotel worth its salt and I was taken a back by having to pay for such a service.
The hotel is in a terrible location for any kind of tourism to the point where you have to get in a cab whereby the driver will drive you round and around in circles in order to inflate his fee which is a nice touch.
That being said the Hotel staff were friendly and I don't blame them for my bad experience I blame the poor management and the fact that the are in dire need of modernising the whole hotel. I also think that this hotel is probably more aimed at the business crowd and locals rather than tourists. That being said it is a hotel and fundamental services are lacking.

One good thing I can say about the Acacia is that the food was very good.

Stay away.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Tebbotron
Malaysia
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Spent a night in this hotel during a business trip in December 2011.

Location: There's no fast food and pub near the hotel. The nearest shopping complex was 30 minutes walking distance away. Nothing to do at night.

Room: Room was old and not well maintained. Toilet was full of yellow and black stain. The mirror was full of water stain as if no cleaning has been done by the house keeping. If the house keeping did clean, then they must have done a very lousy job. There's no WiFi in the room, only LAN cable. And the speed is annoyingly slow and not stable, about 6~10kbps. This reminds me of the 28.8kbps era. WiFi is available in lobby. The speed was faster at about 200~300kbps. However the WiFi router was switched off at about 11pm, after the live band performance ended.

Food: Had breakfast and dinner there. The food was good. Had a soft shell crab cooked in spicy herbs during dinner and that was excellent.

Value: USD76 a night. Not cheap but reasonable. Hotels in Jakarta are generally expensive. But the up keep of the hotel made me decide not to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank kelvinyam
Melaka, Malaysia
Reviewed November 1, 2011

I was there on a business trip on 30October for 2 nights. The room was spacious, decent and clean though the furnishings are a bit old. The bed was comfy but the pillows were just worn out and should be replaced. Air-conditioning was the main complaint: it wasn't working properly when I was there but due to the wet weather, I didn't make a fuss out of it. Breakfast was decent with standard local and international fares. Staffs were friendly and helpful.

Location wise, its at an area known as Kramat Raya, close to Senin, in the city centre. The nearest mall is the Atrium Plaza, Senin, which is about 10mins by taxi. There are a lot of stalls selling local food in the surrounding area. Other than that, there's nothing much to see or shop. Main shopping areas like Grand Indonesia, Plaza Indonesia, Tanah Abang and Mangga Dua are approximately 20mins away by taxi, provided there's no traffic congestion.

For the price I was paying, the hotel offers good value for money for both business and leisure travellers.

Room Tip: Find a room facing the pool.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Jakarta
Reviewed January 30, 2011

Stay here for one night due to family matters, the aircon does not work properly, we called up the room service and the engineers come to room immediately. They told us that the problems with the aircon cannot be fixed until morning because it would be too noisy to do so. Finally the management upgraded us for better room with good aircon.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple