“Ideal for a family”

Hotel Kristal Jakarta
Ranked #76 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 2, 2011

We stayed here with our daughter and 2 grand children, initially in a 2 bedroom suite and then in a 3 bedroom suite. It was roomy and spacious with excellent facilities, ideal for a family looking for somewhere to stay in Jakarta. It is located in a reasonably quiet location (for Jakarta) and there is a supermarket next door that has everything that could be needed by a family. Kitchen facilities are a bit limited but sufficient to be able to cook a meal if required. Has a great restaurant and cafe. The bar 'Satu Lagi' can be a bit smokey when crowded.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JAKMB

Reviewed February 1, 2011

We have stayed there about twice a month three or four days at each stay for the last four years.We always asked for the two bedrooms rooms, spacious for our need. There are always ants around the sofa..the bathrooms (main building) are old and definitively need renovations,taps hard to work, leaking etc...outside some of the main bedrooms you will have rows of AC outdoors units who can be very noisy at night. The other day we had some sop buntut goreng and sop buntut bias in the smoky Satu Lagi bar and both were almost impossible to chew as the meat had been frozen too long or badly cooked.I did write a comment about it and gave my paper to the duty manager at the front desk, of course as usual no one never answers my request!
The service in the Kristal in general is always very friendly

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank world1951
Reviewed January 7, 2011

My 1BR "suite" (?) had a worn couch and a seriously stained rug. The "kitchenette" had a water dispenser and a sink, no stove. No dresser to put clothes in. Definitely nothing worth recommending! And, the exercise room smelled of body odor. However, staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank meJakarta
Reviewed November 28, 2010

I stayed at Hotel Kristal for 6 days. Stayed at Room 1202. I was attacked by bedbugs in the night! They had a great feast on me. I had about altogether 40 bites on my legs, arms, back and neck area. At first, I didn't know it was bedbugs. I went to see the doctor and confirmed it.

I complained to the Duty Manager and they changed our room to 2401. Upon request, the hotel was only willing to provide 4 complimentary pieces of laundry to each of us. This was definitely not enough. The bedbugs may have gone into the luggage and the rest of the clothes. True enough! Although we changed rooms, I still got bitten by the bedbugs in the new room - 2401.

I DO NOT recommend this hotel at all. If you look closely at their white bed sheets, you will notice small black spots left by the bedbugs. In addition, their rooms are old and small ants can be seen crawling around the kichenette and toilet areas.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank Goh008
Reviewed November 9, 2010

I give the Hotel Kristal high marks all around – comfortable rooms, friendly service, delicious restaurants, great pool, and one of the best hotel gyms I’ve ever seen. I had a great few days here and will definitely stay here again in the future

The location isn’t bad. Although it is not in the central city, the surrounding neighborhood is an interesting place with a few shops and restaurants. The ritzy Pondok Indah suburb and Pondok Indah mall are fairly close and good places to kill some time. Traffic, as in all of Jakarta, is horrible and it is nearly impossible to walk anyway – no sidewalks, open sewers, speeding motorbikes, and congested traffic – but taxis are cheap, it just takes a long time to get anywhere. Next to the hotel is a great supermarket where you can pick up pretty much anything you need.

The rooms are spacious and comfortable, complete with a small kitchen for cooking your own meals. The bed was very comfy and the TV had a great range of programming. The rooms were clean and well-maintained, but could do with a bit of modernizing. Free internet access was included in the room price and it was reasonably fast.

The hotel restaurants were quite good. I ate both breakfast and lunch there and was very impressed with the range and quality of the food. The price was reasonable as well. The hotel gym was one of the best I’ve ever seen in Asia, probably equivalent to a small commercial standard gym. There were about 15 cardio machines of various types, most relatively new. The weights selection was excellent with a complete array of machines and free weights – complete in almost every aspect. The outdoor pool was very impressive as well, a virtual oasis in the bustling city.

All of the staff were very warm, friendly, and helpful and I experienced zero problems of any kind whatsoever. Check-in and check-out were a breeze. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and will definitely stay here again. I recommend it to all other travelers, whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank DanO68
Reviewed November 7, 2010

Booked here for 2 nights by my colleagues in Indonesia and as I have never been to South Jakarta, do not know what to expect.

First of all, the journey to the hotel from the airport was a night mare. Perhaps I arrived during the peak hours, it took me almost 3 hrs to reach the hotel. The hotel is situated in the residential area of the better off people of Jakarta. It is located opposite to a nice apartment buildings. The hotel itself is more an apartment rather than standard hotel. Most of the guests are foreigners (European/US/Aust) and the hotel pride itself for home away from home. The place itself is complete with all the necessary facilities and amenities. However as this hotel is in the residential area, there are limited choices of food around the hotel though they have a nice supermarket nearby that stocks good quality foreign products.

However, credit has to be given to the in house restaurant as the food they served are decent and reasonably priced as I ended up having dinner there on both nights mainly because I returned late from work and also the food is decent enough.

The breakfast spread was just so so but it get on my nerves that some of the food serves are rather cold. Service at the hotel is good and security is good.

The room are comfortable with a good choice of TV channels , however, one comment though is the positioning of the aircon right under the bed which is not a right move as it can get very cold at night. Switching it off may be a tad too stuffy though.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank The_TravellerSg
Reviewed September 11, 2010

I stay here every month as a offshore worker I use it one night per month, did stay for a week earlier this year and I can say it is clean and well run, the food is ok no more than that, it has an excellent bar which is popular with lots of expats.
As for security who needs it! in any case where ever you go in Jakarta there is a big show of security but it's only for show a real terrorist could get past any of it.
I rate it as just about 4 stars but its food lets it down.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business