“The new gem in Jakarta” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
Malaysia
“The new gem in Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2014

Hermitage is truly the new gem in Jakarta. The kind of service that you can only get in a boutique hotel. The hotel reminds you of a colonial era and the décor truly fits that. The room is totally awesome and has the same standard of Raffles in Singapore and E&O in Penang if not better. if you are looking a quiet getaway from the busy city, this is definitely the place to be. You feel at home the minute you step in the hotel. Hopefully the swimming pool will be ready the next time I stay there.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Hermitage_JKT, General Manager at The Hermitage Jakarta, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Ogyshuk,

Warm greetings from The Hermitage and a million thanks for your kind feedback!

To be compared to Raffles or EO is truly a wonderful compliment and we certainly will continue doing our best to make our hotel a city landmark.

I am pleased to announce that our Grand Opening is tomorrow, June 5th, and we will be launching our pool, fitness center, spa services and rooftop bar, La Vue, for all guests to enjoy.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Hermitage to experience all of our facilities.

Many thanks again and warmest regards,

Eleonore Astier-Petin

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

As an expat living in Jakarta, I was seeking a little getaway from the commotion of the city, as well as a quiet place to get some much needed work done. The Hermitage was a perfect place to do just that. Upon making my reservation through the hotel website, I received a phone call, informing that my room would be upgraded and asking if I would need transport to the hotel.

When I pulled up into the hotel and walked in, I was blown away by the beautiful landscaping and colonial-style architecture of the building--what a nice surprise! Small touches, such as the staff knowing my name, made the visit even more special. Check-in was efficient and the GM of the hotel made sure to introduce herself to me. The staff was extremely helpful for my brief stay, checking in from time to time to see if I needed anything in the room.

I was meant to meet up with friends later in the evening, but cancelled, as I didn't want to leave! The room was extremely spacious with a sitting room, bedroom and luxurious bathroom, complete with Hermes toiletries. It seems like the hotel really has gone out of their way to make sure you have everything you need in the room, including providing enough water throughout the room and having the essentials, such as a toothbrush and toothpaste, nail kits, etc. I also very much enjoyed the sound system that allowed you to listen to the television in the bathroom, a small touch, but much appreciated.

What a great find! It was a perfect sanctuary to get some work done, as well as recharge and rejuvenate myself after a long work week. I look forward to coming back again, as well as recommending it to friends and family visiting Jakarta.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Claudia M
The_Hermitage_JKT, General Manager at The Hermitage Jakarta, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Dear Claudia F.,

What a wonderful review you have graced us with!

I could not be more delighted by your feedback and by the fact that you have so fantastically highlighted our hotel, our services and our associates.

The team and I are most grateful for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back for another city escape!

Many thanks again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful and charming.
Attention to detail and tasteful in terms of interior.
Superb service.
Great for small intimate function.
Great place for afternoon tea and cocktails with friends or if you just need time alone to work.
Worthwhile to visit..

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
The_Hermitage_JKT, General Manager at The Hermitage Jakarta, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Lia S.,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind feedback.
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our beautiful hotel and attentive service.
The team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back!

Semarang, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed here in the month of April. The room itself is very luxurious, comfortable and massive
The staff is friendly,helpful, smile every time.

For the breakfast, The breakfast tea is very lovely.

The Laundry service is nice and fast!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The_Hermitage_JKT, General Manager at The Hermitage Jakarta, responded to this review, May 10, 2014
Dear Andy T,

The team and I are delighted to read your review especially that you are first long stay guest!

Thank you for your kind feedback and encouraging comments, these mean a lot to our associates.

We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay in Jakarta, whether a few nights or a few weeks, we will pamper you.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

Gorgeous hotel in Menteng, possibly the best one in Jakarta! I stayed there for 1 night a few days ago and had a great time. The service and staff are impeccable, the food was really good (try the duck red rice!!) and the breakfast was superb!

Special thanks to Yeyen the GM, one of the nicest and most professional guys I've met !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Rombie
Dear Rombautje,

Greetings from The Hermitage and thank you for your review!

I am delighted to read that you very much enjoyed your time here and particularly like the Red Curry Duck Breast.

I will definitely relay your kind comments to Yeyen and his team, many thanks for your encouragement and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

The decor, friendly staff and the amazing food a place to visit and not to be missed
If you love food and the colonial touch this is the place nothing like it in Jakarta
The Hermitage affords a unique contrast between modernity and a bygone era…What was once a Dutch Telecommunications office, built in 1923, the Menteng “Telefoongebouw” now has a new life and new meaning as The Hermitage, a luxury hotel blending old world elegance, ultra-modern amenities and the most gracious Indonesian hospitality.

Wow wow wow

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Evabeaver47
Dear Eva,

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent visit of The Hermitage.

The team and I are delighted that you enjoyed the food and ambiance as well as the staff friendliness.

Your kind feedback will definitely encourage our associates, thank you once more and please visit us again soon!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

I stayed on this hotel for weekend escape with my family.
The building and the architecture reminded me with old colonial building of Dutch. It is beautiful, it's a piece of art....

Service and staff attitude is first class, no doubt it is a real 5 star. They are friendly and helpful. I talked to the GM, Ms. Eleonore, she is so kind and gave me warm welcome when I arrived on the hotel.

The room was great, it's a combination of classic and luxurious. We stayed on Junior Suite, which the bedroom and living room are separated.
Placing of furniture and lighting on the room was just perfect.
We have our own Illy coffee maker on room and the amenities on the bathroom is Hermes.

Breakfast menu was good, not too much variety, but the quality of the product and the taste are very good.
Restaurant decoration and set-up is also superb.

It is a Highly recommend luxurious hotel in Jakarta.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Elvan_Prawira,

Greetings from The Hermitage!

Thank you ever so much for your kind review of our newly opened hotel.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and meet your family, we certainly hope you will visit us again.