“Great way to be introduced to Indonesian food”
Review of D'Marco Cafe

D'Marco Cafe
Ranked #136 of 381 Coffee & Tea in Jakarta
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Lunch
Dining options: Lunch
Hong Kong, China
“Great way to be introduced to Indonesian food”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I tried martabak for the first time at D'Marco and I was hooked. I had the Oreo (sweet) martabak and it was a taste explosion in my mouth. The staff were very friendly and the cafe was comfortable and well air-conditioned. I'm a sucker for sweet dishes especially on scorching hot days like it was everyday during my trip to Jakarta. You get great value for money and I'm hoping that I can get back there again the next time I'm in Jakarta.

Another plus was it was very close to the hotel I was staying at (Ibis Arcadia) so I was able to walk there.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank Royce_McCutcheon

• Indonesian first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Yummy in tummy”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

My dad and I tried this place on the last day of our Jakarta tour. We had the noodle martabak and Oreo martabak. Even though both were amazing, I must say the sweet murtabak (Oreo) is to die for! The staff are really friendly and you will feel right at home as soon as you sit down. Can't wait to sink my teeth in those murtabaks when I get back to Jakarta.

• Visited May 2014
Houston, Texas
“Tasty surprises!”
Reviewed February 8, 2014

We had lunch at D'Marco Cafe during a city tour with the owner and thoroughly enjoyed the tasty treats prepared for us. A Martabak is a traditional Indonesian pancake, usually sold on the street. It is much thicker than an American pancake and is often eaten with cheese. D'Marco Cafe has creatively evolved this concept to include favorites such as the Oreo + Ice Cream Martabak, and the Pizza Martabak. We had both of those and were very pleased. Our two kids liked them also. Of course there is coffee and other dishes on the menu. We also had some kind of noodle Martabak which was very tasty.

• Visited January 2014