“good deal in heart of the city”

POP! Hotel Tebet Jakarta
Ranked #88 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
yanbu al-sinaiyah
“good deal in heart of the city”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

For the location, it is quite strategic, and cheap compare to other hotel. Fast check in, great experience. I love the WIFI, the shower, and the tv channel. Oh, the vending machine for hot and cold drinks are excellent

Room Tip: higher level to have a better view
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank dyaneetha
vsws1202, General Manager at POP! Hotel Tebet Jakarta, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Ms. Dyaneetha,

Warmest greeting from POP! Hotel Tebet

Thank you very much for staying in our Hotel and for sharing your comments

We are glad to read that you had a great experience during your stay with us and especially satisfied with our rate, location, TV channel, wifi, vending machine and fast check in.

Please, be sure that your review has been warmly welcomed by our whole team. Our guests feedback are our most precious source of information and a truly appreciated support to our daily commitment to try to always give a satisfying experience to our Guests.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and we look forward to welcoming you again on your next trip to Jakarta.

Sincerely yours,
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I was so pissed off with the hotel service, I arrived at POP Hotel quite late, but I had to argue with the front desk, Yandi (a night shift employee). I argued mostly about the hotel payment, I didn't know that the used of credit card was only for booking, I told him to wait until tomorrow to check the payment (since I was using an online banking), otherwise I will pay in cash in the morning after before I checked out, But in fact, he asked me to pay in advance without rethink of what I said, I was mad and pushed him to give me the key since I paid already. Finally, I got a room key and I paid Rp 20,000 for the key deposit.

The room was nice, clean and rather new, really good for traveler, the morning bite is ok, But the service is TERRIBLE.

I heard a lot of customers complaint about the service, the service here is really like a slowpoke, handled by one person only. Beside the person who in charge for a night shift is really not that experience in handling a customer and not good with money as well, plus got no advance knowledge about the hotel price rate.

I talked with fellow customers there, one of them had booked long time ago already, but POP Hotel didn't give any keys until late night because no room left. Other complaint was, there was a guy who got a key to someone else's room (that's sux) and many more.

In the end, I decided to extended my stay for 1 more day because my friend was coming. He and his manager told me that the price was still the same, it was Rp 368,000. I gave him Rp 400,000, but he gave me back Rp. 10,000. I was confused and asked the rest of the money and he told me that I should pay for the deposit. Then, I told him that I paid 1 already and I don't want to pay anymore deposit, he insisted it although finally understood that he made a big mistake, and then he gave me Rp.30,000 which mean there is another Rp 2,000 left. I don't mind to give my Rp 2,000 but I wanted to know the clear reason. He was confused for a long time and couldn't explain to me clearly and after I get totally furious at him again, in the end he could only come up with the stupid reason " I am sorry, that's because I don't have Rp 2,000 with me".

My problem was not end yet. The next day, I got another confirmation from him again that I should pay another Rp 40,000. I refused to pay since he didn't tell me in advance or yesterday, He insisted until the end, lucky for him, a friend of mind who has just come with me, was so tired and wouldn't want to deal with this any longer, and she willingly paid for it.

If you decided to take this hotel and if you want to have a better rest, better check everything ready before arrive at this hotel and if possible,should bring the exact amount of money, or at least, be good at calculating. don't hesitate to ask for a reason if the price doesn't match with the price rate. Honestly, I didn't have a good night rest just because of this argument never end and he wouldn't give me the key until I paid Rp 40,000 although he was the one who made a price mistake.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Linda S
vsws1202, General Manager at POP! Hotel Tebet Jakarta, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Ms. Linda,

Warmest greeting from POP! Hotel Tebet

Kindly accept my apologies for the inconvenient experience you had at our front office.
Corrective actions has been taken as we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities. Training is as well one of our major concern in order to fulfill our Guest expectations. I do sincerely hope that, even though, you will keep a good feeling about your stay with us.

We thank you for having taken the time to share with us your opinion and look forward to having the pleasure to welcome you again

Sincerely yours,
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

So far, this is a budget hotel and don't ask any facilities in this hotel. But overall this hotel is unique,
1. started from 'morning bites' calling and they don't use 'breafast' as their word
2. unique decoration in the room, interior and exterior
3. colorful and so brightly
4. staffs are nice and friendly
5. morning bites so far OK, but morning sunshine make environment hotter. If there is curtain, will be better
6. close with mcD or local food
7. bathroom is very unique

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
5 Thank Dedy I Santoso I
Vivera W, General Manager at POP! Hotel Tebet Jakarta, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear Mr. dedyis_77

Thank you very much for staying in our Hotel and for sharing your comments.

We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our hotel unique. We are as well very glad to know that you enjoyed POP! life's style with a special mention for our "morning bite".

Indeed, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guest's expectations so we will follow up your suggestion regarding the curtain on the morning bite

Please, be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team. Our guests feedback are our most precious source of information and a truly appreciated support to our daily commitment to try to always give a satisfying experience to our Guests.

Best regards
Hilversum, Nederland
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Nice, superclean rooms with a comfortable shower, daily roomservice (clean towels, soap, etc.). Very comfortable beds and a curtain that shuts sunlight completely out. Breakfast is simple but sufficient. The free Wi-Fi is definitely a plus. We had a room on the backside of the hotel and is was completely quiet (we stayed here for 5 nights).

Room Tip: A room on the backside keeps you away from traffic noise, though the view is boring (rooftop).
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr. HoofdletterT

Thank you for choosing POP! Hotel Tebet during your stay in Jakarta.

We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and we do thank you as well for sharing your experience.

We are glad to read that during your stay, you enjoyed our room, morning bite and wifi and our life style match yours.

Please be sure that your comments have been well noted by the entire team, and that, we are continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guests expectations.

Once again thank you very much.

We are indeed looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Best regards,
Sunshine Coast, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was opened last of october 2013 and i stayed for 2 nights.
Room not not big but for couples is ok.Design bathroom very uniq ! Feels like at the ship :-) ..Hotel design or every floor not like at common hotel.

Price ok with breakfast (small indo breakfast) .For spend the time few days are good because location very strategic for food, local shooping good .

Try to stay and feel it ! :-)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/s coffeeskin,

Thank you for staying with us and for taking time to share your experience.

We are very pleased to read that you found our Hotel unique and match to your liking.

Please be sure that your comments have been highly appreciated by the whole team, and by the fact that you recommended our Hotel to others to stay in our Hotel. We will definitely continuously trying to improve our services and facilities in order to meet our guest's expectations.

We do look forward to welcoming you again on your next visit to Jakarta

Best regards,