Lowest prices for your stay
$20
Free cancellation until 09/30/21
Booking.com$28
Priceline$23
eDreams$28
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Fate caused me to stay one night in a hotel I SWORE I would never step foot into again. However a cancelled booking, a long flight, and my phone failing to pull up the web (to search for another hotel) led me to tell the taxi driver 'Sparks'... (albeit with a LONG sigh)...

Have to admit the place was significantly improved this time. Not sure if it was luck of the draw, a better room, or a real overhaul... Wifi worked flawlessly in my room, I was averaging 1.75mb down, enough to watch Netflix and Skype if nothing else. The staff were VERY friendly and service was excellent for this price range. So seems as of Sept-2011 you can disregard my wifi warning from 2010...

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed March 13, 2011

if u have stayed in this hotel,the rooms are okay,but once i been to the ground floor u are supposed to enjoy the company of dancing gals dancing in front of you when u are made to pay redicolous price of the tequilla they drink.OMG the bill came to about rp4million for buying the gals 9 rounds of tequilla.and surprisingly you have to settle the bills ON THE SPOT

Date of stay: April 2010
2  Thank mikeangel0
Reviewed February 26, 2011

I went on a business trip to Jakarta and this hotel was the closest available 3 star hotel near the conference location. The hotel is in the middle of Jakarta's Chinatown, 40 minutes away from the city center, but 15-20 minutes away from other happening and shopping areas. I was surprised to see so many massage parlors and dancing bars in the area. The hotel itself had a bar downstairs which played very loud house and techno music with topless girls dancing on top of the bar tables! It was quite a shock! The first night I stayed on the 3rd floor and the music from the bar not only disturbed my sleep but literally increased my heart rate to a point that I requested to be shifted the next night to a higher floor. But this was after I had contemplated moving to another hotel. Once I got a room on the 5th floor it was fine and the room was actually cleaner and the bed sheets didn't have oil stains from massages! :-) I did end up moving to another hotel in two days.

Date of stay: November 2010
1  Thank RoadLessTravelledBy
Reviewed January 28, 2011

The Sparks Hotel in Jakarta is a funky designer Hotel in a racy part of Central Jakarta. Sparks Hotel young staff certainly go out of their way to make you feel welcome. Travelers with kids should definitely give the Sparks Hotel a miss. The Sparks Hotel is in the colourful Mangga Besar District with its girlie spas, discos and late night eateries.

The rooms are stylish with strong colours and comfortable beds. There is cable television and the rooms have all the modcons including coffee and tea making facilities. Bathrooms ala Philip Starck is standard. We were not enthusiastic about the bare concrete floors though.

The breakfast is the best I have seen in a hotel in this class.

The pool is a stylish glass cube and the breakfast was varied and well presented. The lobby is sparse but was in keeping with the style of the rest of Sparks. There is Wifi in the lobby but we were surprised that it was not free.

The bar downstairs is as raunchy as you would get anywhere in Jakarta. BTW, in addition to the usual nuts and crackers you find in hotel rooms mini bar, the Sparks offers a range of colored prophylactics and lube.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2010

Been told that this hotel is brand new in town. Stayed 2 days.
Room- ok, clean.
Breakfast- yummy.
Service- staff not so friendly and not helpful. there are misscommunication when we want to check-in. (must make a confirmation call if u make reservation via web)
Location- boring. shops close early.

Date of stay: January 2010