“Comfort and Relaxing”

Ranked #98 of 460 Hotels in Jakarta
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Comfort and Relaxing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

Here, your one-stop rest area. Favehotel for your sleep. SunCity Spa next door of this hotel for your relaxation and pleasure, SunCity Longue 6th floor, access by lift for your night, and food-court 2nd floor from 8.00 till 16.30. 7E mini market in front of main gate. All in one building. Cool and you'll be love it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Tannya W, General Manager at favehotel LTC Glodok, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Dear Didi_LiGun,

Thank you for choosing our hotel as your accommodation. We're so glad you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. For your information we have spa massage in our hotel. The brochure displays in front office and please make a booking to front desk. Once again, I would like to say thank you and hopefully to see you again in another time and try our spa massage.

Have a good day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Great room for the money. Comfortable bed with fresh white sheets. Just what we needed after 17 hours traveling from the UK, especially traveling on a budget. Located within jakartas China town area, hotel is on the 8th floor of the electronics mall. Food court near by and lots of street food. About 15 minutes drive from the train station and 45 minutes from airport in traffic. Would stay again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear camilla_chellew,

Thank for your time sharing our hotel on tripadvisor.
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay in favehotel LTC Glodok Jakarta.
All employees ready to welcoming you again.

Thank you & have a good day!
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

Room tiny and dirty, bed bugs, bathroom dirty and smelly, only 1 lift working... please read below!

I generally do not like to write a very negative comment on a hotel, but I can t avoid to share in here my experience of this hotel!

Booked online thru a famous merchant, I choose it thanks to its location ( I needed to be in that area). I have visited at least 6 equivalent hotels of the same standards/price range in Jakarta and including that one, 3 different Favehotels in Jakarta. I always trust that Favehotel is a sure bet of what i will get at what price, and its usually a true statement, but not that time.

First of all, the general conditions of the hotel are far less pleasant than the 2 other Favehotel I have visited before... the cleanliness, the decoration, the stage of ageing... everything in that outlet make me wonder if i really where at the right place... and yes it was the favehotel i have booked....

Arriving in a tiny room without window (I am not really much into living in a bunker hence my surprise) we just lay on the bed to rest when after 2 minutes we both become very itchy. Thinking that some mosquitoes must have been feasting on us in the taxi otw to hotel, i didn t bother at first... waiting longer we both started to feel more and more itchy and it was propagating to all of our bodies... so i took the decision to call the reception... after 3 repeated calls, nobody picking up, i had to go to the lobby....

Explaining my issue to the receptionist , mentioning to her that the sensation and symptoms made me think about being attacked by bed bugs... she kindly proposed to send her colleagues to change the bed sheets... to what i have replied... in the event if it is really bed bugs... they would be as well located in the mattress and so changing the sheets won t solve the problem...

To what she has replied:

"I am very sorry, for the same room type i do not have anymore Queen bed, and I only could proposed you to change room to a twin bed one..."

I replied that being a young couple in romantic trip, we would appreciate to find a solution with a big bed...

She replied, oh, we have a room available with king bed , but it is not a standard like the one you have booked, so since you have paid cheap price, i can t upgrade you to it... i can only """upgrade you""" to the standard room with twin bed.

errrr, if it s also a standard room, we can hardly talk about an upgrade!!!

Yes sir, but u paid too cheap, i cant give you the other room with the king bed...

So if i understand well... either i spend the night scratching my body or either I sleep in a separate bed than my gf??? coz you would not give us an upgrade at 6.30 pm to a room of higher standard that you have not sold yet and is available???

She replied yes...

So we decided that we d better sleep separately than scratching our body all night long..

So she told us that she will send someone first to check our new room to ensure that it s clean,,,, so we decided to go and wait next to our current room...

After waiting in the corridor for 45 minutes (we would not stay anymore in that room with bed bugs) the hotel employee arrived to lead us to our new room.

Arriving in the new room with twin beds... the first thing i notice is a huge disgusting grey/black stain on my pillow... furious i took it and went down again to the lobby to show it to the receptionist ... to what she replied oh sorry, maybe i could send someone to change your bed sheets?

So i asked her, why have we been waiting for 45 minutes that someone prepare/check our new room if it s to wait again that someone changes now our dirty bed sheets!?!?!

So I asked to talk to a manager... the person who attend to me was not speaking english and was not at all a the hotel manager (well when i asked him a business card he replied he doesn t have any...) and I will cut down the story... coz our nightmare has been continuing after that...

Hotel to avoid at any cost !!!!

Room Tip: choose another hotel!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank franklin h
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

I was a professional travel show host on television for 2 years here in Indonesia and have spent hundreds and hundreds of room nights all around the country.

Coincidentally I was doing my own "Hotel-Hop" this week picking a new favorite here in Jakarta. I stayed at different hotels every night of the week.

fave hotel LTC was the clear winner. Checked out today to take care of some things at home but will be checking back in prior to my trip to China on Monday.

The design, materials, and professional lighting in the room deliver a modern urban cocoon that I found I just didn't want to leave. The hotel is also brand new which is always an advantage. The room service is good and so cheap there's not really a reason to go out hunting for food.

The ensuite bathroom is glassed-in with a wide frosted belt giving privacy yet adding interest to both the bathroom and the room itself. They use a dark bluish gray matte stone for the flooring reminiscent of what Steve Jobs chose for the Apple store. The stone floor in the ensuite bathroom at fave gave me that same hushed and tranquil feel beneath my feet.

The floor, combined with high end European fixtures, excellent lighting and large mirrors make the bathroom by itself a nice place to spend time. The still-new gleaming chrome, high shower head placement, virgin glass and that stone floor beneath your feet make the shower itself one of the best zones in the room.

On an eco note, apparently the hot water is powered by the air conditioners which reduces heat emissions into the city and saves fuel making the hot water. Maybe it makes the air conditioners more efficient also; I don't know.

When you exit the bathroom, a floor to ceiling mirror at least a meter wide greets you. And then you step into a cool polished marble zone which leads to a wood paneled floor zone in the bedroom, keeping your feet entertained moving from zone to zone.

The devastating punchline to all of this is $26.

$40 well-spent on hotels in this city gets you a boring, run-down 3-star with an old TV. Or a competing newish 3-star hotel with ant swarms, free-range cockroaches, and unbearable noise at night due to nearby mosques.

fave LTC is brand new, very clean, and even if you didn't care about any of that you probably still couldn't find anything cheaper. They're still in startup mode and have over 200 rooms to fill so that works in our favor.

Basically they really got it right with the room design and I'll wager they got a good deal on the space which enables the low prices. It won my little shootout this week. Highly recommended, especially when its still brand new!

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
3 Thank bawjkt
Bandung, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

Although the area may not seem interesting at night, but I like Fave Hotel Glodok! the room was clean, nice, does not smell smoke at all, and the food is tasty. The staff is helpful, and the price is good for the quality.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank tiayahya
Tannya W, General Manager at favehotel LTC Glodok, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear tiayahya,

Sorry for lateness respond your review on tripadvisor and we're so glad that you enjoyed and happy stay in our hotel.
Hopefully to hear you come back again and all staff ready to welcoming you back!

Thank you very much and have a good day!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

This is the first time we staying at fave glodok with my beloved friends..we enjoy stay there even only 1 night,breakfast very good,service good,front office staff very exellent service,keep it and i will come back to honeymoon with my soulmate

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Makassar, Indonesia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

My First time to stay in this business hotel and just for 1 night. It's in the LTC Building 8th floor.
I got the room in the 10th floor. And because it's the highest floor so it's very hot, both in the room and in the corridors. Take a lot of time to make it cool in the room.
The room was good enough to take a rest a sleep, even in the night some music can be heard form the night club @ the 8th Floor.
Breakfast was nice for the price i paid.

But this hotel management should train their phone operator / reception. It's very hard to contact somebody on the phone. The Phone keep ringing and ringing but nobody pick it up.

Overall this hotel was worth the money the consumer paid.

Room Tip: Ask for room below 10th floor.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo