“..They've got tongsis competition !! ;-)..”
Review of JJ Royal Brasserie

JJ Royal Brasserie
Ranked #339 of 7,846 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: JJ Royal Brasserie offers an extraordinary experience when it comes to its distinctive eclectic "manga" inspired interior design and its comforting cosmopolitan cuisine. Come and choose from a variety of delicious traditional dishes as well as surprising dishes. It is the perfect location for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner or even an informal meal. JJ Royal Brasserie features two fully stocked bars, one inside and the other outdoors. Relax and unwind in the extremely modern bar and restaurant and enjoy a choice of delicious drinks, meals and desserts. Each meal is cooked and served with care. JJ Royal Brasserie promises to deliver high quality "modern" food and beverages to its customers in style.
Jakarta
“..They've got tongsis competition !! ;-)..”
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Interesting enough, the resto picked up the new thing that many Indonesian's people luv to do (esp in Jakarta) that is to take selfie/fun pics while @restos/nice places & shared to Instagram, Path, FB.

So when we had breakfasting there, the waitresses offered us to join foto competition which we happily did it. We used resto props (Aladdin's hat etc) we took our pic. Hope to win voucher worth IDR500K (U$45)- crossed fingers ;-)

Tried the soto pak Kumis (noodle), it was oke. The same for green tea and the cronut. Prior to main couse, they served tradional ta'jil : kolak and sop buah.
In terms of location, quite strategic @new mall Lotte Avenue & facing main road. The waiter & waitresses were friendly and fast when being asked for something which is good.

• Visited July 2014

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Voila!”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

A nice place for a drink with friends, a nice place for a business lunch, a nice place for a diner with your wife or your husband.
The menu offers a good and appealing selection which tempts you to come again and i did came again. Already 5 times. Try the Tartare but make sure they don't cover the taste of the meat with too much ingredients! The crepes suzette are a lovely way to finish yiur meal.
The team is attentive and friendly!
It's getting more and more difficult to find good restaurants in Jakarta and this one offer a good value/atmosphere/service for money.

• Visited May 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Love the concept shame about the patisserie”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

As far as I am aware JJ royal Brasserie is a relatively new restaurant/cafe in Jakarta. Just to say I am talking about the branch at Lotte Shopping Avenue Mall not the branch at Sency. When I saw this place my first though was I really love the decor. It's a Japanese/French concept which I always think works really well. I visited late one evening and just wanted a drink rather than food. I decided to order a mint tea but I must say the coffee selection is extensive and looks pretty good on the menu. When my tea arrived I thought it was super cute and really enjoyed the fragrant mint tea. Because everything on the menu seemed appealing, I also wanted to try out one of the cakes. I chose a blueberry cupcake, named The Smurf. To look at this cupcake was cute enough for a photo but the cake itself was bland and in no way did it taste of blueberry or for that fact anything really. Such a shame as I love cakes and it would have been nice to find a new place in the city at which a great cake is available. I do like the place though & would come again for a tea or coffee. Maybe I will try going in the day time as while I was there the music was very loud and I think it would have been nicer if the music were lower for that ambience.

• Visited May 2014
“OK for afternoon snack or drinks”
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

We stopped by around 3 pm looking for some refreshments between meals. The place was crowded (Sunday) & we were put in the smoking area, which had some ACs but overlooking the busy & noisy road (semi-outdoor). It was so hot so we asked to move whenever it's available. Thank God the waiter was patient and let us move to a cooler, non smoking area.
We ordered their famous cronut (red velvet flavor). It's pretty good but not as crunchy as I expected it to be.
Tried their pina colada as well. Pretty strong but too much cream. I love their nostalgic fruit soda mocktail. It's a bit sour & salty, so fresh!
However I think this place does not live up to my expectation. So crowded but just average.

klagenfurt
“best experience since long”
Reviewed March 30, 2014

after shopping in rather expensive Lotte Mall, we found JJ Royal Brasserie on the ground floor and it was a very special experience, as this nice french style bistro is serving excellent food and drinks, the concept is rather outstanding and really done with love and passion for the detail...you should try a coffee, they offering coffee drinks in various compositions, with or without alcohol, but beside this the kitchen is offering really mouthwatering food, very nice decorated and yummie as well....the manager is a very friendly french gay and his assistent a nice lady from Colombia, both doing a great job by running this place, after our first visit we came there several times and we were never disappointed, also the staff is well trained and really friendly and very helpful...best place in town at the moment, also the prices are rather ok...not overpriced, just go there and try yourself....

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank javaman011
JJRBrass, Manager at JJ Royal Brasserie, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Hi Javaman001,

Thank you for your kind review on our place. We're glad to know that you enjoyed your time and able to feel what we constantly tried to serve our customers.

We will see you around again soon. Cheers!