“All the employees still need training to make customer's experience outstanding in line with the outstanding price and yummy foo”

Cacaote Pattiserie Brasserie Bar
Ranked #488 of 7,846 Restaurants in Jakarta
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Came here four of us. Food selections were few, we just picked whatever the waiter said must-try, cant remember the names in French, but we ordered 3 main courses, 4 drinks, and 1 dessert. Portion was small as if they were running a fine-dining restaurant.

Price was not a fine-dining price though, although the taste of the food was comparable to the fine-dining ones.

Prices were still affordable considering the efforts put on the cooking, but employees? Gosh the waitstaffs were very unprofessional, they even had no idea about table manners AT ALL.

This is something too common in Indonesia. Fine concepts of restaurants are mostly not followed by fine management, preparation, and training. I say the management should invest more on experienced employees. Educated ones for sure.

• Visited August 2013

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
“Moist Cakes with a Little Luxury = Pricey”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you're into an afternoon tea treat with a flair and okay to splurge; come here, Ladies.

When I was here: the cakes were good - moist and delicious (no delivery service for round cakes that I often order for friends or colleagues birthdays, though); the waiter & waitress are too pushy offering heavy stuff even though it was an afternoon tea time and I had mentioned that I just had lunch.

In my opinion, the interior was a bit claustrophobic, the table setting is too close one to another. I'm sure they can do better with the price tag on their menu.

Jakarta,Indonesia
“Friendly service, nice ambiance”
Reviewed May 16, 2014 via mobile

Cacaote has gained a reputation as a foodie's must try in Jakarta, as well as being difficult to get a table without booking ahead. We happened to luck out and scored the private dining room (which ended up being too harshly lit with slightly uncomfortable chairs) ahead of a group of young, 20 something expensively dressed Jakartanites. This gaggle of young women were annoyed to find out there were no tables left-not even in the smoking section upstairs. Oh well. On to our dining experience. We asked to be moved from the private dining room to a regular table. The wait staff graciously complied. They were happy to do whatever they could for our table to be comfortable.
The atmosphere upstairs was a sort of old world, almost french style, with dark,somber colors dominating the decor. And to lessen the gravity of the decor, 90s pop and hiphop can be heard in the background. One of companions found it annoying and unsuitable with the decor. I,on the other hand, found it quirky and enjoyable. I appreciated the fact that the music remained in the background, so we could easily chat, unlike many Jakarta eateries that love blasting music that makes you deaf and conversation nearly impossible. Finally: the food! I really wanted to give this place a higher score, but the food was not good enough to warrant it. It came close, but not quite. My favorite things from the evening were the chicken wings and cheese appetiser. My sausages and mash were so-so, and my friend's pasta was nice, but nothing original that can't be found in almost any other Jakarta eatery vying to be seen as "trendy". I did like the chocolate cake for dessert though. If the restaurant does just a little better, I'd definitely change the rating. Or maybe I should have ordered other things on the menu? I shall return and decide. But for now, I would say this restaurant is still worth a peek.

“WORST SERVICE”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

I went there for an afternoon tea and it took 30 minutes to order a drink. Some drinks were sold out. The staffs confused themselves and do not know what they were doing. They chatted to each other instead of being productive serving guests in a rush hours. I know what is best in a hospitality/restaurant business so for this place, I wouldn't recommend for people who want to have a lovely afternoon tea or lunch/dinner gathering. It's an emberassment to bring your guests to this place as it has such a bad service. The staffs need more training and how to act/serve people in a better way. I'd rather go for an afternoon tea in a five star hotel as the price is similar but better service.

3 Thank anne l
Jakarta, Indonesia
“French Decor, International Cuisine, Teen-scene Ambience...totally confusing!”
Reviewed May 12, 2014

I went to Cacaote with some friends to celebrate a birthday. It was a Saturday night, and we had heard people say that the restaurant was nice and desserts are lovely.

The first thing to hit me was that the restaurant parking lot was totally packed...although they have additional parking somewhere else, but the whole experience of trying to jump out of my car quickly to minimize the time the cars behind me were waiting was a little stressful to say the least.

Upon entering the restaurant, I was very impressed with their decor and their glass display cases showcasing their beautiful desserts and cakes. Very French and modern. Lovely.

Climbing up the stairs to the second floor was a little bit of a let-down. It was very dark, tables and chairs were packed together quite closely, and not as beautiful as the ground floor.

The music totally did not match the decor as they played r&b, hip hop, pop songs etc more suited for a night club filled with teenagers. I was totally confused...

Menu looked ok. Not a large selection, but not bad. Although I do want to point out that more than a few dishes had lobster as an ingredient, and it felt a little like they need to add the lobster to justify the prices. Although I could be wrong.

We ordered some drinks and appetizers to start. Fried cheese with caramelized cherries and pear (?) I'm not sure, and some simple bbq chicken wings. Both dishes were find. They also had free bread and spicy brioche with a lovely garlic butter. I loved this and they were happy to serve us an extra serving.

For mains, we ordered Beef Sausage and Mash, Lobster Aglio Olio, Lobster Mac-n-Cheese and Mushroom Pizza. The best dish was the sausage. Very tasty bratwurst and lovely mash. The pasta was so-so and the pizza was so-so. I would not order again.

Portions were quite large, so we didn't have much space for dessert and shared a slice of complimentary Birthday chocolate mousse cake. Very nice.

All in all, I would say it was a pretty nice restaurant. I would stay on the Ground floor and order certain items only. Would I go again? I don't know....maybe if someone invited me for dinner again.