Hotel Menara Peninsula
Good 3.5/5
$90
$66
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsexecutive floortoll roadnice swimming poolnice hotelhuge bathroomliving areahotel location isbusiness staycomplete amenitiesaffordable pricemany choicesstrategic locationcentral park mallbreakfast buffetmini barcentral jakartawalking distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This hotel sits at a corner of an intersection. Almost all taxi drivers know the location. It is very popular with locals and has its fair share of foreign guests. It sits almost between West and Central Jakarta. There are government offices and hospitals nearby. There is a small mall Plaza Slipi Jaya nearby which has a supermarket, fast foods and restaurants. The other nearby choice is brand new Central Park Mall which is 3km away.

The Good :

This hotel is very well maintained. The staff are friendly and approachable. The concierge tries their best to get you a taxi. They would shout, signal, gesticulate earnestly to taxi drivers which can be two intersections away. The hotel staff can manage English well to address all your needs. The breakfast spread is good. Fellow guests are polite and during the morning buffet, they do not appear to be having their last meal (rushing) like in even some 5-star hotels.

More could be achieved here :

These are just minor observations but should not take away all the good job the staff are doing.

The check-in was rather slow even though I had a booking in advance. Sometimes, your calls are not answered probably because of the high volume in the hotel. During breakfast, Whitney keeps on reminding you that she will always love you. On my fourth day, I was telling myself it could not get worse but it did! The song on that day was not sung by the original singer!.
It may be ok if you are also fine with Chicago telling you daily that you are the inspiration ...

Concierges have very good memory. They do not open your taxi door / entrance door if they remember you never tip them. I do not remember this happening in other hotels ...

Tip: Ask for a non-smoking floor if you are a non-smoker. Somehow, the default is smoking here. My room which was overlooking the intersection is good but take note that Jakarta's skyline is eternally smoggy.

Gym opens at 7am on Sundays+Public Hols (not 6am)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've been here for businness trip, for 1 week and this hotel is great, very confortable. Rooms are good, staff is very helpful. Breakfast is very goo with lots of different choices. The hotel is good located in downtown, so very close to many differet things.
Highly recommended

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Paolo G
Reviewed January 8, 2014

My family (my wife, my 1.5yo son and me) were staying at this hotel during Lebaran day as the hotel offered interesting Lebaran package.

What I loved most about this hotel was the pool. It's clean and huge. The kids pool was bigger than any other hotels that I used to stay. My kid loved it very much. We spent two times a day playing in the pool complex. The pool staff was friendly and cheerful, really made our day brighter there.

What I dont like about this hotel is the parking space. They should not create such a narrow parking space since it's difficult for me to park my car.

Overall it's a very good hotel...

Room Tip: Should try to get higher storey room...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Danaprawira
Reviewed December 19, 2013

I normally travel to Jakarta once a month for 3 days at a stretch and would normally stay at a company preferred hotel. However, due to time constraints, I booked this hotel due to its proximity to my clients office.

Rooms were generally clean with well kept interiors, clean sheets and a had a great view. I understand that the hotel recently undertook a refurnishment program for 80% of its rooms.

Had a go at the 5th Floor, Alfresco Restaurant. One of the signature dishes - Sup Buntut is highly recommended, even if you're not into Indonesian food. Of course there are western style meals on the menu, but hey, when in rome, do as the romans do.

Staff were polite all round but it was lacking the genuine service touch I would expect from an established hotel. I would rate their service only average but perhaps that could be due to the busy period in which I noticed there were a LOT of functions happening in the hotel lobby area everyday.

All in all, I would recommend this hotel as the prices are good and centrally located in Central Jakarta.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank wtchuah
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

On my first visit in this hotel..only one word Speechless one word I can say..nice service..excellent breakfast..clean room..nice fitness center..i word I can say.. I will come again. I will bring my family to introduce them how excellent their service is.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business