“Nice hotel”

Ranked #18 of 459 Hotels in Jakarta
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

My first time staying here and it's somewhat different from the hotels I have stayed before.

I arrived earlier than the standard check-in time (2pm) and was told to wait for 30min while they prepared my room. In the meantime, I was treated to a complimentary drink at the lounge for the wait. I did end up waiting longer as I had initially thought they would notify me once the room is ready (they said they would). When no one came, I proceeded to the counter and found that the room key was waiting for me to pick up (not sure if it is a miscommunication or they forgot about it).

I had to pay Rp5million as security deposit which totally shocked me as I thought that was the price of my 3D2N stay (from my experience, the hotel would normally secure a deposit that amounts to the price of room for the stay duration). Upon check-out, I was charged less than 50% of that. I do not know if this is the standard practice to secure a higher deposit amount than the actual cost.

The hotel is going for a modern design and I find this has sort of compromised in maximizing space.

The room is smaller than what I expected for the price. It is cosy though - a double bed, small sofa, TV, mini-bar and a safe among others. The bathroom is also small. I found myself standing in a corner to open/close the door fully without it knocking into my feet which is surprising as I am petite in size.

As part of the hotel is closed for renovations, guests are expected to climb a flight of stairs in order to access the elevators to our room floors and also the coffee house. Elevators are available on the ground floor to the first floor but it's a long walk - not really friendly for the elderly and those with children in strollers.

Security to the rooms is good. Guests need to activate their room key in the elevator or else they would not be able to access their room floor. Make sure you do not place your room key card next to your phone. This will "deactivate" the card and you will need to get it "activated" again at the reception.

Breakfast buffet is good although I feel the pairing of food could be improved. For example, miso soup is placed on the same island as the eggs counter instead of together with the sushi.

Location of the hotel is excellent - within walking distance to several shopping malls (Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia etc). A good pair of walking shoes are recommended.

Taxi from airport to hotel = Rp250,000 (toll charges inclusive).

Will I go stay here again?
Yes because my experience isn't bad.
No because there are several other hotels nearby that I would like to experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Lyn D
Bulan B, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Lyn D,

First of all let us thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review of Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. We are pleased to read that overall you enjoyed our hotel.

In regards to the security deposit, we apologize if you were shocked with the amount but however it is standard procedure for us to require a 1.5 room/night. As you stayed 2 nights, the deposit equalled to 3 nights as per hotel regulations. We will make sure to tell our team to explain this more thoroughly in the future and we appreciate you sharing your concern with us.

Regarding your comments about our room size, we are delighted that you appreciated the interior design and we would like to share with you that we do have larger rooms available: our Deluxe room is 38-39 square meter and our Grand Deluxe is between 43 and 55 square meters with beautiful amenities. We hope you will have the opportunity to try them soon. Also we appreciate your comments on our security as it is one of our main concerns and thank you for your tip on the cellphones.

Finally, unfortunately, due to our ongoing renovations we had to temporarily shut down the elevators in the main tower. We have our teams of welcomers to assist our guests in finding their way but it is true that it can be a long way for some, especially families with young children.

Thank you again for your review and we do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Philippe Le Bourhis

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

nice, elegant. clean and very satisfied hotel. this hotel is very near with shopping centre at the very central location very nice pool with hot and cool pool for sauna. let go here soon and enjoy the facility

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Bulan B, Quality & Atttude at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Yohanes,

Thank you for your concise review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were impressed with our facilities and our location. We hope to welcome you again soon,

Leuven
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed four nights, and from the first moment I was welcomed until the moment I was helped in the taxi to the airport I only met smiling employees. A real charm.

The hotel reception just moved to the groundfloor lobby again and that made checkin and checkout very fluent.
The room was not huge but modern and spatious with a good desk, chair and cabled internet (and Wifi for an unlimited number of devices).
Restaurant and breakfast are nice and not too expensive, but don't forget there's more restaurants at walking distance.

The trip from and to the airport is a traffic nightmare, it might be worth to request for a pick-up at the airport, I payed more to a regular metered taxi than the price the hotel charged me for bringing me back to the airport.

Room Tip: Don't forget to shouw your loyalty card, I enjoyed the coctail!
1 Thank Goya B
Dear Goya B,

What a pleasure to read your review on Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, thank you for taking the time to write it. We will pass on your compliments to our team and we are also very pleased to read that you enjoyed our rooms and our restaurant. Also thank you for your tip to fellow readers, the traffic can be absolutely horrendous in Jakarta and sometimes, arranging a car is indeed cheaper than a taxi, but of course depending on your time of arrival/departure. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

Hotel is close to the shopping mall, Plaza Grand Indonesia. There is a bridge connecting the hotel to the shopping mall. Surrounding the hotel are other 5 star hotels such as Grand Hyatt, Kempinski and Mandarin Oriental. To get to the hotel from the airport is a nightmare as many would know due to the massive traffic jams Jakarta is known as. It would very much depend on the timing of your flight.

Check in was a breeze and hospitalility is great at the hotel, staff are friendly and helpful. The room is excellent, modern and new. The hotel is situated on a busy street, hence if your room is facing Plaza Indonesia, you can hear the traffic. Then again it wasn't that bad.

The gym is excellent as well as it is well equipped with new and different types of equipments. The gym could be difficult to find depending on which lift you get out from. They should have more signage for this. Breakfast is reasonable with selections of Western, Japanese, Chinese and typical Indonesian. At the back of the hotel is the upscale Menteng area which has a number of good restaurants to try.

Overall, it was a good experience at the hotel and would definitely come back to try out the spa treatments and shopping.

Room Tip: Choose one which does not face the shopping mall as the road can be busy and noisy.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Bulan B, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
Dear RoShOKualaLumpur,

Thank you very much for this great review of Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. We are very pleased to read that you appreciated our team's welcome and our facilities. Thank you as well for your compliments on our breakfast. We are sorry, even though a bit helpless, that you had to suffer the horrible traffic jams of Jakarta. We hope that, however it won't tarnish too much your memory of this city. We are also appreciative of your feedback on our signage and will look into improving. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,

Singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Hotel is nice and modern, a bit quirky interior but not exceptional. The standard room was nice with a good bed, small couch and worktable but a bit smallish if you are 1.9m or above. The restaurant was nice (went for breakfast only) and the staff very attentive and helpful.

Unfortunately the room was somewhat noisy. Overlooking Jalan Thamrin, a major thoroughfare, the double glass windows don't hold-out the traffic noise. This is however 'white noise' and not terribly troubling but the doors seem to have no sound-insulation properties what-so-ever. Through the adjoining door I could hear next door's tv clearly even though I believe it was not played particularly hard. Walking along the hall hearing others shower is even less amusing if you realise you just did it too.

Apart from this the location along Thamrin/Dudirman does mean youo need some patience in traffic, the trip from the hotel to the toll-road, 3.5km, took 45minutes, from there to the airport 35 (which is actually quite exceptional).

Dear Jeroen O,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry however to read that you were inconvenienced by the noise from the adjacent room. We will look into improving the sound proofing on our doors. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again.