“A Night Stay before Lebaran to Avoid Traffic Jam”

Pullman Jakarta Indonesia
Ranked #17 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Pullman Jakarta three nights before leaving Indonesia at the end of our holidays. At thd time of our stay (June 2013) the hotel was undergoing some renovation works. Thankfully this did not have any major negative impact on the quality of our stay. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and efficient. A few minutes after we entered our room the reception called asking whether everything was fine and if we liked our accommodation. It was the chance for us to point out that our in room safe could not be locked. In a short time a lady from the staff came to our room. She tried to reset the safe lock. Since that did not work, she asked us to be patient and a few minutes later she was back with a colleague from the technical staff. The safe was fixed in less than ten minutes. A great thanks to both the lady and the guy from the technical staff.
Positionwise this hotel is first rate. You are right in the middle of the business district. For both tourists and business travellers that means less time to spend in the traffic. Jalan Thamrin is right outside the hotel and you can reach on foot Plaza Indonesia, Grand Indonesia and Thamrin City shopping malls, with plenty of shops, stores, restaurants and cinemas.
Before selecting Pullman I read its reviews on Tripadvisor. Some pointed out that the shower water pressure was not very good. Though I have been to other hotels where shower water pressure was stronger than at Pullman Jakarta, I have to say that water pressure was good and I could have shower without any problem.
We never had breakfast at the hotel (too many options across yhe street), so I cannot comment it.
All in all we would definitely go back to Pullman Jakarta. Should that happen, we would try breakfast.

• Stayed June 2013
Bulan B, Quality and Attitude Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Roberto F,

Thank you very much for writing this detailed review of your stay at the Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. We are delighted to read that you were satisfied with our services, facilities and our location. Thank you especially for your compliments and appreciation of our staff’s assistance with the room’s safety deposit box, we deeply appreciate it and will make sure that it is passed on to the staff concerned as it is a great motivation for us all to have such positive feedback. We are looking forward to welcoming you again soon,

Melbourne
Reviewed August 7, 2013

This hotel is a good option for business travel with a price tag a bit below that of nearby 5-star hotels. As mentioned in other reviews, the rooms ARE very small, but clean and comfortable. Breakfast is decent and service was fine. The pool was good for a late afternoon dip.

Probably not ideal for a family holiday, but definitely an option for business travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Seanoz,

First, let us thank you for your feedback on your stay. Your concise review of our hotel is of great value to us and we appreciate your positive take on our service and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you again,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 18, 2013

First time to stay in this hotel, and my first time to be in Jakarta, and my first time to visit Indonesia.

I'd say I had many good firsts and this one was no exception. I stayed only for 2 nights and was really busy with business and entertaining customers that I had to skip breakfast to have more sleep. I still had a good sleep though thanks to the comfortable pillows and bed. The hotel is within the business district, thus it was the ideal location for me. I found the room to be a bit small but well-appointed nonetheless. I will definitely be back in Jakarta and will stay here once more to give a better review. And I always review the food in all my trips so hopefully I can enjoy breakfast at the hotel next time around.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bulan B, Quality & Attitdue Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear johnalim,

Thank you very much for writing this review on our hotel. We are delighted to read that you had both a productive and restful stay with us. Thank you for your compliments on our room amenities and our location. We hope that you will have the time to try our breakfast next time as well as we have many positive feedbacks on it, it is truly delicious. We also have a fine dining Japanese Restaurant called Kahyangan Shabu-Shabu and Teppanyaki. It is famous for its shabu-shabu soup as well as the quality of the imported meats. If you enjoy Japanese food, we would recommend you to try it. We look forward to welcoming you again soon,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay here and would return again.
The staff were all very helpful and the room was clean and modern (if a tad small).
The sauna, jacuzzi and pool facilities are excellent - especially after a day in Jakarta. The staff were also great with allowing us to arrange a later check-out till 2pm with now extra charge.
Would highly recommend!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lcbcacsc
Bulan B, Quality & Attitude Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Icbcacsc,

First of all, let us thank you deeply for taking the time to write this very positive review of our hotel. We are delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay at the Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. Thank you for your compliments on our staff and facilities. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again very soon,

Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed July 13, 2013

This is my first time stayed in Pullman Thamrin with my partner (I am Indonesian and my partner is European), the concierge was really really friendly and helpful. The location also really good, malls everywhere and I can experience "car free day" in the busiest city in Indonesia, because Pullman Thamrin located exactly on the main street of Thamrin. The room is great and clean.
Some of things make us upset are : we checked in and I gave 2 passport (mine and my partner passport). First the receptionist lady didn't look at me or either smile, she just talked to my partner, she took my partner passport and let my passport on her desk. She didn't say if the hotel only need 1 passport for check in. And I said to her "So you don't need my passport?" she didn't answer me and my partner getting uncomfortable with that. We booked 2 nights for double bed for 2 person, the receptionist question made my partner shock is "How many room do you need? 1 room or 2 rooms." I was also shock and I don't understand, how she can handle guest check in before she read the guest reservation details. I am working also in hotel business so I do understand how should be the receptionist treat all the guest, not only friendly and give a good service to foreigner guest and no friendly to domestic guest.
At the end of our uncomfortable situation, I explain to receptionist lady what my partner want because she didn't understand what my partner said.

We will stay again here if the receptionist attitude all trained well to all the guest.
Big thanks for all concierge for your help...and friendly security.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Bulan B, Quality & Attitude at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Hani_Herawati,

Thank you very much for your feedback on Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. We are very happy to ready that you enjoyed our room and had fun experience during car free Sunday. This is a great initiative from the government to promote outdoors activity and has been a true success. Indeed every Sunday, the roads fill with thousands of runners, bikers and families. Thank you as well for you compliments on our room and our concierge’s services. We are however very sorry to read about your checking in experience and let us assure you that we will conduct further training to insure that this doesn’t happen again. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon,