“First Stay at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia”

Pullman Jakarta Indonesia
Ranked #22 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed July 25, 2012

A pretty enjoyable stay at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia. The hotel is very close to shopping centres. Rooms and lobby area are clean and spacious. Facilities are well kept.

However, the hotel looks tired as it has been there for quite sometime. One downside was that I was given a smoking room despite asking for a non smoking room. The receptionist told me that we set up the smoking room as a non smoking room. But I know that this is not possible and when we enter the room, the cigarette smell was just overpowering.

Though that is the case, I still look forward to stay at the hotel again after refurbishment next year.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to note that our location and facilities met your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. Regarding non smoking room, we fully understand your disappointment. Our Front Office Manager will take appropriate actions to prevent this type of situation from happening again.

Thank you and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Loyalty & Quality Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,879)

Reviewed July 25, 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Location
Just right in front of LV store, just across the road. If you are here for shopping, high end or not this is the perfect place. Right in the middle of congested area.

Check in
Check in was quite slow actually for us but the staff were friendly though. I realized a lot of Japanese stayed here, not a problem anyway.

Room
So much for a king bed, it was nothing close to a king. The room was clean so was the bathroom. Wifi was also at good speed most of the time. You need id and password (they are offered free). Didnt try the food because it served pork. Kettle provided.

Check out
No complaints really.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Elyysa
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are pleased to know that our product and location met your satisfaction during your recent stay with us. We also highlighted your remarks concerning the check-in speed. Please let me assure you that we will share your comments with our team. Your appreciation to the friendliness of our staff is also noted and your kind words will be passed on to the them.

Thank you for your patronage and look forward to having you back with us at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Its a perfect stay, bothered by the only charged for USD. 14 for printing my air ticket.
Some staff are just pure stupid, when asked to print Air Ticket, and they print whole 14 pages.

Other staff also very kind/good, I left something in the room and they send it to me for free. Just enough to make up for the USD. 14 I paid.

Other than this its ok, really nice establishment

Room Tip: Be careful when asking for assistance, check the price

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you liked our hotel and appreciated the kindness of our staff who returning your left item with complimentary. Our business center provides computers and printers for your comfort.

We look forward to welcoming you again soon at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

I stay in executive room with twin bed

1. check in time is ok, front desk officer worked very well and fast enough
2. location is perfect, with Plaza Indonesia on the other side of the street makes the view of this hotel is fantastic ( I chose the room with the view of Thamrin street )
3. the room design is too old and too average for 5 star hotel, but that is not so annoying because I got free internet broadband ( but poor wifi signal )
4. bathroom is large with separate bath tub and shower, I like the bathing ammenities such as bath foam, shampoo and conditioner
5. the bed is fit enough for 4 of us to sleep ( 2 adults 2 kids )
6. I couldn't get a later check out, they only gave me late check out until 1 o'clock , their excuses are the hotel were overbooked, but I didn't see that
7. when I ask for spoon and fork from room service, it took more than 1 hour to get in to my room !! after I asked them again for the 2nd time.... whew.. that's something

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailled review concerning your experience during your stay. We have taking a noted of your comments, particularly about the wifi signal and quality of our Room Service. Our Director of Food & Beverage will take appropriate actions in order to avoid the same situation from happening again.
Regarding your concern about late checkout, our check out policy at 12:00 noon considering the high occupancy of the hotel.

In the meantime we hope you will be able to experience the new level of comfort and convenience in our newly renovated room in the near future.

We look forward to your return.

Reviewed July 15, 2012

I was told that this is a high end hotel but my experience didn't feel like one. Firstly the check-in was slow and impersonal; that didn't bode well already. We booked 2 executive club floor rooms and one standard room for our colleague but I have no idea why we weren't allowed any breakfast facilities for the executive rooms whereas my colleague (with the standard room) got breakfast. Just didn't make sense. Also it is a nightmare getting the bill in the Japanese restaurant situated within the hotel. My business associates and myself actually walked out of the restaurant without paying having asked for the bill twice with the bill never coming. The associates were tired and wanted to leave. So we actually walked out without paying, saw our guests off, before returning to the restaurant once again to request for the bill and pay. And again that took such a long time. Unbelievable.
The final straw came when we were enjoying our club floor priviledges of evening cocktails and I was about to get my glass of wine when I was stopped. Apparently, guests were limited to a maximum of 3 glasses of wine. We are not supposed to go for a fourth. I am not an alcoholic, the glasses were reasonably sized but firstly, never in my travel experiences with club floors do I get informed that there is a limit to drinks. Also, there were 4 of us -2 members of my party didn't drink. So I mean, even if this hotel had this strange policy, couldn't they avail the wine allotment since then techinically we would have had 6 glasses of wine pending with the 2 members who were not drinking? I mean it is awkward being told such instructions. Very weird.
To be fair the service was good at the Club Floor and very accomodating so I believe the directions came from the hotel management which just didn't make sense.
Pullman Jakarta has a long way to go in terms of competing with the Mandarin and Hyatts. Will seriously have a think before staying there again. (It didn't help that the Club Floor room they gave us just refused to have connectivity. Standing in the corridor outside the room helped but really, do you want to be checking emails outside your hotel room?!) I think not.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 1453 if you are an internet user. There was no way to get connectivity. Other than that i...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
JMManager, Loyalty & Quality Manager at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

The experience you described causes us deep concern. We would like to offer our sincere apologies for any frustration and anxiety that it may have caused you during your stay.
Our aim and intent is to ensure all employees are totally customer-focused and all guest concerns and requests are handled efficiently.

Hopefully you will give us the opportunity of welcoming you again in Pullman Jakarta Indonesia.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

Very good location in the middle of the town, easy to shopping malls, restaurant and reasonable price. The room is a bit small for 2 but very clean. Staffs very helpful and friendly. Breakfast is not that excellent but just fine.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback! It is a great pleasure to know your stay at our hotel was nice and pleasant. This encourages us to keep up our efforts, ensuring the service we provide always meets your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you again at Pullman Jakarta Indonesia.