“Great hotel ....” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #135 of 453 Hotels in Jakarta
London, United Kingdom
“Great hotel ....”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

It is 1 hour from the airport. Best way to get to the hotel is to get taxi 150000 rupiah the local currency. If you are on budget get the coach to Gambir from there get the taxi it will take you 10mn . Very nice hotel, with nice staff. The manager let us check out at 3pm cos our flight was late in evening. Great customer service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MNJDIABATE
Edward S, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Senen, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and fellow Trip Advisor readers

It was a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis Jakarta Senen, especially with our strategic location & services provided.

We glad to be at your service as in ibis Jakarta Senen, we strives to give the best experience for our guest.

Thanking you for your comments. We looked forward of welcoming you back in near future.

With regards,

Edward SETIADY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Jakarta, Indonesia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

Late check in, its true. towel is very stinky i stay for 4 night, 5 day, and the staf not profesional like ibis Slipi. pls managment change your staf. receptionis and breaksfast staf.
iam stay there for abisnis trip.
and for the last , who is idea for the toilet like that. try for your self its comfort or not if you pup in there.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Edward S, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Senen, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Warmest greetings from ibis Jakarta Senen,

Appreciated for taking the time to tell us about your unpleasant experience at Ibis Jakarta Senen, please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Ibis, we strive to provide maximize service experience for every guest. We are now investigating & taking the appropriate measures to address the problem referring to your comment about towel & service staff (receptionist, Food & Beverage), please be assured that this is not the level of quality we attempt to deliver to our guests.

Your concerned about our lavatory designed, it is a new concept for economy hotels called “cubical” style. My apology if the design was not meet your requirement.

Thanking you for your kind input & we look forward of welcoming you back at our property in near future.

With regards,

Edward SETIADY

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

late check in, narrow parking space.Agung warm welcome me at reception counter and give me smooth check in. room is new and clean same like any other IBIS hotels.extra electric plug would be really helpfull so i can charge everything at the same time and save some time. wifii is super high speed. the next morning around 8am while i wait for my car at the lobby outside the friendly security notice me after a while standing there he ask me to just wait inside insted and will inform me if my car is arrive.funny thing is theres 3 or 4 man and women. with black jacket near the place i standing outside,i supposed that they are the bosses cuz one of them using name tag.. they so busy chit chatting arround and don't even bother to offering or great the guest.

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank MISPRIZEME
Edward S, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Senen, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
dear valued guest,

Warms greetings from ibis Jakarta Senen,

Thank you for choosing Ibis Jakarta Senen and it always been our great pleasure to have you as our guest.

On behalf of staff and management Ibis Jakarta Senen, we would like to express our gratitude for taking your time to share your experiences during stay.

Your input and comments are precious for us, and your kind contribution will allow us to keep on upgrading our product and services. Customer’s satisfaction has always been the priority set for us.

Thanking you & we look forward to welcome you back at Ibis Jakarata Senen.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

I want to start off by saying, that I have to admit, that Jakarta is definetly not a tourist location (unless I didnt see what exactly I am supposed to visit besides MONAS), but I was out for business so...

My stay at Ibis was quite uneventful, though I would like to give a small review as to how it went.

First of all staff are exceptionally nice and friendly people, they sure know their thing, when it comes to hospitality. I think the only downside to the staff employed at the location is their lack of english language practise. I think thats something they can work on.

A small downside is if you dont speak english, sometimes taxi drivers have really hard time finding location, or they will pretend like they dont know where it is (to run the meter). Either way the location is quite convenient considering the bank, a smoke vendor (for a smoker like myself) a small travel agency (should you travel around Indonesia) nearby. The staff is always prompt on getting a cab for me.

Rather than that, rooms were exceptionally clean, the sheets and towels were changed every day which was a pleasant surprise for 3 and a half star hotel. Only small issue I encountered (which really didnt bother me, since I didnt eat in the room etc), was one of the days I killed a small german roach (about half an inch) that was on my table. That by no means judges about the cleanliness of the place (which was exceptional), but speaks volumes about overall pests situation in Jakarta as well as the fact, that you are likely to encounter a pest or two in tropical climate.

I warned the management and the issue was dealt with immideately. The pest control has been provided as well as thousands of appologies (which was more than enough). Still have to mention it since some people may have allergies or may not be as understading of tropical climate/environment etc as I was.

The food downstairs was really decent, but a bit pricy. I would not eat lunch buffet again, since there were way too many deep-friend choices (sort of a Indonesian cuisine thing) as well as tastes were a bit bland.

The evening buffet, however, was exceptional, but still a bit pricy at around 200k IDR for it+drink(cola), which is what I could get a decent steak and a glass of wine with.

Other entrees on the menu (I tried several) were few and far in between taste wise. If I had to rate 1-10, some dishes were right at 10 others at 1.

Being an italian, I can tell you they definetly have to work on their pizza and alfredo sauce. I enjoyed the pasta alfredo first time around, when I ordered it, however on day of my departute, it was absolutely disgusting and became a headache (stomachache) for me on my 29 hour flight/airport wait.

The lounge/restaraunt offers no alcohol, which in my opinion was a big downfall.

All and all, Ibis Senen offers exactly what you need if you are in there for either budget tourism or business trip: clean minimalistic room, friendly staff (that is willing to accomodate you) and reasonable prices for all that.

I am definitely coming back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Edward S, General Manager at Ibis Jakarta Senen, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thanking you & we look forward to welcome you back at Ibis Jakarata Senen.

with regards,