“Delicious”

Le Quartier Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 7,684 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delicious”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I have visited LE Quartier several times the last months, and have always been delighted with the choise of the food and the taste of it.
The menu is great with nice european and belgium specialities. But the best idea is to follow the suggestions of the CHEF, as they are based on fresh imported ingredients, such as oisters, truffle, mushrooms.
One of my favourites have become the escargots, the taste is special and the most important they are soft, not elastic as I have eaten them in more expensive places. .
You really need to try the calf meat, which is splendid tender and self raised.
The price is very reasonable and surely compared with other establishments of the same style.
I also like the decor and atmoshpere. The bar is great to sit on and take a cocktail before dinner.
Indeed it can be quite crowded and sometimes a bit noisy bcs of birthday parties especially on weekends. But mostly where the crowds is is the best FOOD.

• Visited June 2014

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
“From 3 to 4 stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

The first time I wrote a review about Le Quartier, I gave it an over-all grade of three stars. I am changing my mind when we dined here again recently during a weekday night. The ambience is completely different during dinner, I found it more romantic, cooler and more conducive to dates and private conversations. The food we ate also were better. We ordered the lovely grilled chicken paillard again (worth the price) and their outstanding white ham and truffle pizza. The toppings were very generous yet you don't feel all that guilty because it also comes with fresh greens on top, worth the price. Just skip the salads, I already tried two kinds, nothing extraordinary, too expensive for the amount and average taste. I suggest you dine here during weekday nights to have a pleasant dining experience. Avoid it during weekends, too crowded.

“Overrated and Expensive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Restaurant decor and atmosphere is good, the glass roofed courtyard area is beautiful; light and airy in the day; and especially lovely/romantic at night.

I wanted to love this place, but unfortunately, this place is on the very expensive side for Jakarta and it feels like it's without real justification. Everything seems to be around 25-40% more expensive than you'd expect it to be. As an example, sides are at 60k compared with 40-50k in restaurants with a similar style - Union, Loewy. Mains here are from about 250,000 up to 1.2 million IDR for a steak to share. All fine if the food is great, but sadly what we've had wasn't.

We visited for brunch once (okay, but nothing out of the ordinary) and dinner twice - we were giving it the benefit of the doubt because we'd heard such good things. I'll be fair and say the starters we've had have been very nice. On our last visit we had crab cakes and escargot, both were cooked well, nicely presented and adequate in size. They could be had for cheaper elsewhere but probably not quite as nice. The mains are where we run into issues, there seems to be a void in the menu. It lacks interesting options. Whilst there's always a heap of starters we like the sound of, nothing on the mains menu really appeals. They sound, and from the ones we've tasted, a bit bland. French food is usually anything but, it's rich and exquisite with some complex flavours. The side menu actually has some nice options that represent that, (the dauphinoise potatoes are really good if a little small) but basically, the main courses which should be a highlight, are just distinctly average.

The crepe desserts here are probably one of the best things on the menu, they're big enough to share between two and quite tasty, but they too come at a fairly steep 120,000 rupiah. They are also definitely not freshly prepared. The crepes come out icy cold (refrigerated) and the cake in the red velvet crepe was a bit dry and crumbly the last time we had it.

On our last visit we had two starters, two mid-priced mains, one side, four regular glasses of wine and a dessert. No foie gras, truffle, steak or anything like that. After tax our bill was about 2.5 million rupiah. I understand this is an upscale restaurant but it really seemed like quite a chunk of money to spend on dinner considering what you'd get with that elsewhere in Jakarta, and the fact we were totally underwhelmed by the majority of the meal.

I should also mention, if you want a specific table, do try to reserve it, despite whatever the staff tell you when you phone about it being quiet that night, you won't get it when you arrive. We were placed on a single table we knew would be too small once food arrived. We asked our waiter politely "If no-one's reserved the table over there (larger) could we move there please?". The incredibly snooty girl who works on the door greeting guests returned to help our waiter understand our request, only to abruptly shove another table next to ours saying "you can just push this here". She gave zero answer to our actual question; a polite 'I'm sorry' and explanation that the table was unavailable would be appropriate. To make it worse, the table we requested to move to then sat empty the entire night. Perhaps it was reserved, and the people never showed up, but no-one ever came to offer us the chance to move later if that was the case. It was really quite annoying and poor service.

On a positive note, we've always noted how helpful, attentive and genuinely friendly the general manager was when we've visited, thank you!

Overall, some of my friends (who have also tried Le Quartier on separate occasions) and I, have come to the conclusion this place is perhaps trying to be one of those places that's so overpriced and pretentious, that pretentious people will go just so they can say 'they go'. If you know what I mean?!

Well, I don't think I'm pretentious enough to bother returning again, I'm afraid. Amuz offers another class of dining and service within the same price range, and thus way better value for money. Altitude is also another place in a similar price bracket with a better overall experience (and great view) on offer.

2 Thank AmeliaJayne
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Everything was ok, except”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

Went there during Friday night dinner with the family.
By the look of the menu, all the food sounds promising, but the taste wasn't quite was not up to expectation.
The meat was tender, but the flavour wasn't there. Having alone of escargot was probably good enough, but wasn't sure of the taste if it wrapped around bacon.
Tried to order souffle but it takes 30 minutes to prepare, guess it's French restaurant after all. But red velvet was something to try.
Customer service was up to standard, communication went well, there was no delay whatsoever.
Great Interior decoration, was feel in different place at the time.

“Best Bistro in Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

This Belgian-French Bistro in Gunawarman has definitely become one of my favorites in town. The food is just excellent. No it is not fine dining, but it doesn't pretend to be that. It is just honest food, made from great ingredients and cooked to perfection. And everyone who lives in Jakarta knows that quality is never cheap here, so the prices are certainly justified as they don't take shortcuts with quality.I usually follow their suggestions and I am never disappointed,

1 Thank stylishnomad