“Good ambient, average food”
Review of Mamma Rosy

Mamma Rosy
Ranked #111 of 8,438 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Reservations
Description: an amazing house in Kemang, a genuine Italian family, a truly home-made cooking and traditional Italian drinks...feel the atmosphere & welcome home Jakartans.
Reviewed May 9, 2014 via mobile

We came here for a dinner, the restaurant is nice and the staff also... the food depends of what u order, something is good other things are horrible (good prosciutto and mozzarella, the octopus salad was disgusting...)

daniel v, Proprietario at Mamma Rosy, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Dear Anto876,

Thanks a lot for your review and for coming to MammaRosy.
We are happy you liked the ambient, the service and some of our dishes as we keep trying to improve all the aspects of the restaurant every day with all our energies and enthusiasm.

I am really sorry you did not like the octopus salad as it is one of the most favorite and appreciated appetizers from our guests. The octopus is coming alive from Lombok everyday where it is selected by a extremely professional and prepared Sicilian executive chef who choose and serve the best fish and seafood to all the top restaurants and 5 stars hotels in Jakarta.

Next time, in case you do not like something, just call us, no need to keep silent, we are here to serve, it is our job and mission and even there is nothing wrong in the dish and you just "don't like" we will change it without any problem with any other dish you might like.

All the best,
daniel

Reviewed May 5, 2014 via mobile

A bad start with a bread "basket" containing 4 pieces of very small bread. Service perfunctionary only. 3 staff to 3 tables... pasta a little under al dente... but pesto nice (rough style). Slightly spoilt by parmesean served finely grated.

Chicken breast 15 minutes after 1st main arrived.

For a place with much potential, let down by lack of floor management.

daniel v, Proprietario at Mamma Rosy, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Good afternoon, first, I would like to apologise if your experience was terrible.I received your order that lunchtime and I would like to try to explain what happened. I will follow step by step your comments in order to be as clear as possible.
1.the four pcs of small bread in the basket: is focaccia, a speciality that is coming from our region,Liguria, and I am very sorry you didn't like it, because is handmade by my mum and we thought it was a good alternative to the common bread normally served in the baskets.
There were only four pcs, together with grissini (another handmade speciality breadstick), because it is possible to refill the basket, just asking the waiter, during all the time you spend eating by us.
2.The chicken was our big mistake.
Normally, the grill,as written on the menu is opening at 6 PM.
We thought it was a nice idea to serve it to you ,making an exception, instead of saying it was not possible,but we made the fire on that precise moment and we made a mistake and probably the waitress even didn't advice you that it takes 15 minutes to cook it on the grill.
Sorry,sorry,sorry.we will learn from that definitely.
I already informed everybody of the staff to cut focaccia bigger and to accept grilled orders only after 6 PM .
About ravioli pesto (rough style), it should be made crushing the basil in a special bowl named "mortaio" , that's the ancient recipe,and that is again a speciality of our region and especially of my mum,the aspect it has to have is exactly rough,as you said.
I am sorry if it was spoilt by the parmisan, for the future, we will advice on the menu that we serve all the pastas,except the fish ones with parmisan on the top,so everybody will be able to ask the waiter not to put it on.
I wish I was clear enough and I hope you will give us the chance to make you change the opinion about the floor management, about the service and the food.
Apologising again,at your disposal.
Stefania

Reviewed May 3, 2014

When you go here, always pick outdoor, upstairs table since place downstairs on 1st floor are not to nice to sit in. They have the nicest long island ice tea in Jakarta (they're not stingy with vodka amount in it). The pizza and pasta were not as bad as other reviewers wrote but for the price we paid and for the name this place has (Mama Rosy), I was expecting something with more Italian twist and homey-made feeling in them.

Thanks very much for your comments that are very important for us.
First I would like to tell that we have changed already the seating of the first floor that we're uncomfortable with new furniture and we hope that if you will come another time you will like the portico as we now like even if the work is still in progress.
Thank you for saying that the Long Island is the best and that the food is not as bad as the others say,but I feel it is still not enough for you to be completely satisfied.We will try to check more the pizza and the pasta and as possible to give it more 'Italian' twist!
Please,if you come again and you feel too,ask about me in the kitchen,I would be very happy to ear your suggestions.Sorry again if we made some mistake,we are still a young restaurant and we have to grow still a lot.

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This restaurant located in Kemang Raya aspires to be a superior one and charges accordingly.
Unfortunately the service is a perfect disaster, not professional at all, the sequence for the different dishes are not considered, orders are forgot on, food is only average.

2  Thank Shangani2003

Good evening,I will try to reply to your comments even if is very difficult because we didn't do a right thing that day!FIrst I have to apologise on behalf of MammaRosy staff for the service,the forgot orders and the food.We will take this opportunity to learn from the mistakes and to train the staff to be more professional,sometimes the wrong days comes for everybody and that day definitely we had some problems.
Hoping sometimes ,if you like you will give us another possibility,sorry again from all of us.
Stefania

Reviewed April 20, 2014 via mobile

Went there with my kids and tried the caprese salad and pizza which were nice and so ordered the pastas...pomodoro and arabiatta...it was the worst ever!it was almost like they added sugar after the pasta was made!yucks!no intentions of going back there again.when the waiter asked if food was ok and I told him pasta was too sweet so we left it...he never came back to us again.So we paid our bill...in full,..and left!

1  Thank Rkumar2763

Good evening, I am very sorry to read this comment because is normal rule of the restaurant to change and do again any dish that is too salty,too sweet,over cooked etc.
Sometimes in a kitchen that serves more then 200 dishes to make a mistake is possible but is our rule to apologise and try to solve the problem in anyway until the customer is inside the restaurant.
In the tomato sauce my grandmother and my mother are used to put a little bit of sugar to correct the acidity of the tomato but if it was too sweet probably we have put it two times or more,and this is our personal fault.
Then the waiter that disappeared,is very disappointing for us.If you like, I would like to suggest you to come again anytime and call me,my brother or mamma in order to let us apologise in person and to let us have the possibility to make you change your mind,and maybe to understand which waiter runned away without informing us of what happened....
Thanks very much and sorry again.

Been to Mamma Rosy? Share your experiences!