“Good hotel”

Ranked #131 of 465 Hotels in Jakarta
Bekasi, Indonesia
“Good hotel”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I ever stayed for one night. It is convenient since it is near a mall and many restaurants. The access to the hotel is easy. The staffs are polite and friendly to the guest. I think it is recommended hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Yunita L
faveKelapaGading, Manager at favehotel Kelapa Gading, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Yunita,
We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Favehotel Kelapa Gading. Your kind endorsement about our staff, foods, and rooms is very much appreciated.

Do LIKE us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter as we update our fans with news and upcoming promotions.

We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We have stayed in this hotel many times. The service and location are excellent.
The price is ok. Very well design and clean room, and the staff are very friendly, especially Front Desk staff.
Definitely will stay here when I come back to Jakarta.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank indaah
faveKelapaGading, Manager at favehotel Kelapa Gading, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Dear Indah,
Thank you to share your experience. We really glad to read your comment that you were happy during stay with us. We will share your comment to our staff,as everyone will be delighted to learn that their services were appreciated.

Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future
Kulim District, Malaysia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

For anyone looking for an economical travel, you should stay at this hotel due to its proximity to the mall and easy access to the city raya.hotel clean and the staff friendly and just use Blue Bird taxi as your primary transport while you are be there. :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank muizrahman
faveKelapaGading, Manager at favehotel Kelapa Gading, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear Muizrahman,
Thank you for your review and recommendation for the readers. We are happy that you have enjoyed your stay. Looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here in a Superior Room for total of 22 nights. We were not happy because of the 3 incidents: smoking room, bathroom and breakfast menu during our stay. It’s a shame since my husband got to know nearly all of the staff there and they are nice and good people.

So, on the first night we arrived around 1:00 AM from Perth, Australia and they put us in the smoking room although I did mention to the reservation supervisor via email that I’m “pregnant” and will require double/ queen size bed. There was no option for smoking or non-smoking room when I original booked the room online and coming from Australia where it’s impossible to find smoking hotel room I just assume its non-smoking room and I thought they will take the hint of “pregnant” means not a good idea to put us in a smoking room. And the girl who checked us in did not mention anything about smoking room.

The first time walking out from the lift I can smell the reeking smoke I was shocked and especially inside the bedroom very strong cigarette/ smoke smell. I just cannot breathe at all. I immediately requested to change to a non-smoking room but they say they have no more non-smoking room and only can move us tomorrow morning and offer me to send someone to spray the room with fragrance spray. I wasn’t happy of course but no other choice.

The next morning, I remind them again about the non-smoking room and they said they only can move me after 2:00 PM and will transfer all of our luggage to our new room. So, we went out and came back around 5:00 PM and asked for our new keycard for the new room. He looked at me blank and said he needs to find the non-smoking room first and will ring me in my smoking room. So we have to go back to the stinking room and wait. When he finally ring us, my husband had to go down to collect the key and we had to move our own luggage’s (would be great as part of their service to bring the keys up to our room and offer to help us move our luggage’s since we didn’t get any help with our luggage’s when we first check-in).

Now their bathroom, we do not understand why the hotel decided not to put any shower screen. So every time we had shower it always ended up with wet bathroom floors that very dangerous and can cause us to slip and fall.

They also need to work out better breakfast menu for non-Asian guests. We ended only have breakfast in the hotel for two / three times. Once my husband asked for two eggs instead of one and the girl questioned him because he already had one egg. I wasn’t with him that time and luckily there was a lovely Indo lady that helped him and explain to the waitress that one egg wasn’t enough for him a Westerner especially when he didn’t have other stuff from the breakfast buffet. Maybe the hotel can learn from all hotels in Bali that cater to Westerner guests if the Fave Kelapa Gading hotel wants to increase their business and target market.

Room Tip: Superior room - more room to move around and access to window
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Angelia L
Dear Angelia,
Thank you for your feedback. We regret that your stay was not pleasant due to the lapses in service upon check-in, as well as the breakfast. Rest assured that we will review the highlighted areas for immediate improvement. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.
Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I stayed here for 26 days, and for the money it's great value. Comfortable bed with nice clean ensuite, with powerful shower, though the temperature kept changing during use.
You have to remember how much your paying, the hotel is not perfect, you will find faults, however all the staff are very polite, friendly and helpful. Any request from me was quickly dealt with.
Kelapa Gading is a little too far from central or south Jakarta, where standards in accommodation, food and shopping/entertainment are higher. Next time I would consider staying in Kemang, which is more westernised. Mal Kelapa Gading is very close (5 mins walk) where you can get everything you need, whether it be clothing, food, groceries, music or cinema.

Room Tip: The one thing that surprised me was that there was no closet to hang my clothes or drawers to put cl...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

2 Thank Russ L
faveKelapaGading, Manager at favehotel Kelapa Gading, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Russ L, Your review made our day! Thank you for the compliments about our staff and the hotel. Your positive encouragement would definitely spur our team onto greater heights. We greatly appreciate your support and look forward to your return hopefully sometime.
Thu Dau Mot, null, Vietnam
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Kelapa Gading is far from everywhere else in Jakarta, but it is the food capital of the city. Favehotel is a great place to stay since the price is affordable and it's walking distance from tons of good food.

It's hidden in a little alleyway, so you'll have to ask one of the numerous security guards around La Piazza and they'll guide you in the right direction.

I was a bit worried at first since my room was right next to a parking garage and I could hear the cars going over the grates. In the end, it didn't bother me.

One thing was weird though. I planned to move to another Favehotel (Wahid Hasyim) and I asked the front desk guy if he could help me connect to that one. He said they cannot contact other Favehotels. I thought that was a silly rule so maybe he was just being lazy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the parking garage.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Omar A
faveKelapaGading, Manager at favehotel Kelapa Gading, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear Omar,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback! Your favorable comments have been shared with all our colleagues & we sincerely thank you for staying with us.

Your comments are valuable to us as it allows us the opportunity to improve our services, we are in the process of reviewing the concern points you have mention.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon & have the opportunity to serve you better.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed February 4, 2014

I stay on this hotel at CNY 2014. Me and my son was stay on 526 for 2 nights. The first night he slept, he got itchy at the morning on his check. the second night he sleep (which is in the same day with his birthday date), he got more itchy, bigger on check and also on the other parts on his body. arms, legs, back, and his check become so big. Poor my baby.. :( I try to talk with the manager on duty, but he just offering us to drop into the nearest hospital, change the bed sheet or change the room (which is i am about to check out by that time). Well, i am not so interested (not so happy as well) with that offer and feeling so sad because that is my son's birthday. and he become like allergic all over the body got itchy. He have no allergic before, and all the food he consumed is the same food like wise. I think they never clean the hotel carefully and just clean up everything like usually cleaning.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Dear Audrey,
Thank you for sharing your experience at Favehotel Kelapa Gading.
We are deeply concerned that we fell short of your expectations regarding the cleanliness at our Room.

We are sorry to hear that your child get an allergic at the same time you stayed in our hotel. We had offered you the best what we could do to bring your child to the hospital to check what was exactly caused of the allergic. We also changed all sheets and pillowcases to ensure that the allergic not come from the linen. All of our linen always washed and clean before we set up and put in the guest rooms, and our room supervisor always check and ensure it.

We value our guest feedback, and thus, have enhanced our service. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us again, allowing us the opportunity to serve you better.

Travelers are raving about these Jakarta hotels