“Environment, Services, and Facilities.”

Serela Mangga Besar Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jakarta
Serela Mangga Besar Hotel
Ranked #337 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Environment : good looking and appearance is well presented but noisy during nighttime.
Services : Staffs is ok but not really professional deliver.
Facilities : is not provided properly even for toiletries item. Food variety is boring.
In conclusion, even we facing the difficult situation staf need to be polite and properly understand the client expectation.

Room Tip: Staff need basic training and professional soft skill. Just ensure which star standard you are lead...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Infinity R

Reviewed October 17, 2013

This hotel in Kartini area, named after Kartini, a former Indonesian sort of Feminist aristocrat, offers a very affordable alternative to the nearby Swiss Bel Hotel and many other more expensive places. I stayed in this hotel two times for several days and have enjoyed it very much. The famous Mangga Dua square and the Harco Mangga Dua (messy computer and mobile phones and parts mall) are on walking distance, although considering the traffic and the bad air, you might want to take a taxi or better the local " Bajaj " (Auto Rickshaw). The hotel also offers a free shuttle service to the square during shopping hours. A nice surprise for the already affordable rates. At night there are various local food places nearby where you can enjoy the lovely local food and sit and eat with the locals. I can personally recommend Andy 999 on the Kartini Raya around the corner, serving great stir fried local dishes for around 20-30k rupiah.
The hotel offers a buffet breakfast which all in all is not bad at all. Every day a nasi dish, krupuk, bread, marmalade, coffee, tea, fruit on sirup and on request eggs are available as a complimentary treat to the already very affordable rooms for Jakarta standards. There is the occasional drop in availability but generaly the wifi was working well, usually in the rooms and always in the lobby.
Although be it sometimes a bit slow, the personnel is really very serviceable and friendly. The hotel offers a shuttle service to Mangga Dua square. On the day of my leave i asked to be "shuttled" there, and when the driver was absent that day, the manager offered to bring me himself. A genuinely serviceable attitude I found that and it was much appreciated. I was traveling on a budget that time and from Mangga Dua square is a bus to the airport for only 30k rupiah.
All in all I can recommend this hotel to anybody who likes this part of town and needs something affordable and not too far from the airport as a base to stay a few days or even explore Jakarta. The hotel lies near to the station, main roads and the Gunung Sahari from where you can reach many parts of the city.
Needless to mention the rooms were clean and new and nice and tastefully designed. A huge flatscreen television completed the modern interior with complimentary water, soaps and shampoo. Whenever something went wrong or was missing in the room cleaning the personnel made sure it was arranged or you would be changed to another room.

Room Tip: a short inspection of the room will do, if anything went wrong in the cleaning the personnel can tra...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank James R
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

This is the second time I stay in here. On the first time the water heater not working well. On the second time the condition still same but getting worse. When I still feel sleepy and want to back for sleep after breakfast. The coridor is really noisy, I think there's any construction on my floor. The sound is really noisy so I can't back to sleep. I try to ask help from the operator and what i get is nothing. The sound is become more bigger than the first time. Finally I decided to check out. Maybe I will think twice to back in here.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Nothing worked well in this "new" Hotel. Never seen such a bad build Hotel with very bad material! The receptionist was totaly obercharged with everything, 4 people didn't know what they are realy doing! They gave us a not ready room at 5pm and we had to wait without information until to room was ready! It was hot inside the room because the aircon didn't worked, it was more like a hot ventilator. The floor was full of hair and the bed was dirty. The water in the barhroom was brown and dirty! The next day the water wasn't dirty, because there was no water! The wifi also didn't worked and the breakfast was awfull! So if you realy have to go to Jakarta choose another Hotel!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

- Hotels with cheap rates and balance quality with others hotel outside in jakarta
- The atmosphere is comfortable, clean, quiet so comfortable
- Employees are friendly, full of empathy, passion, and very helpful
- Its wifi connection i say...wow, quick and often disconnected
- Supplies that are less immediately provided by employees
- Very charming interior design and exotic
maybe it's my lucky day now visit the hotel, other guests may be in a state of just being unlucky when it gets uncomfortable here.
Serela hotel thanks ... I will come back

Room Tip: Low price High Style
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SandiAsk90
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stay for 2 nights for business trip. We stay here because it has the same brand with our favourite hotel in bandung. We hope we have a good sleep here. We pay for room with window, with extra charge (more expensive).
Here The breakfast is too standard (fried ice, fried noodle, small dough). The phone line is awefull. We can't call reception or room service. Line always busy. When we arrive, no towel. Second day, no soap & shampoo.
The worst experience is the 2nd night stay, when the teeange group arrive, they are very noisy. Talk loud, knocking other friends room, yelling. and it happened at 11pm even at 6 am next day. We try to complaint several times but the phone line always busy. Finally, at 6.30 am i can reach the operator to send our complaint. Do you know what he say? Sorry sir, we dont know because no one tell us about what the teenage group did. How come the guest can't complain? It happened because their phone line always BUSY. We can't reach them to complaint !!!!
We really don't enjoy staying here, we don't have enough sleep!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JustPerfect1
Reviewed August 21, 2013

be careful not all rooms have window, make sure before you book that you will get room with window.

As I stayed the hotel actually wasn't ready to have guest but seems this hotel didn't want to loose moment Indonesia Holiday, I think. Therefore the hotel still dusty, aircon is not working perfectly (hot) and hot water in bathroom couldn't function well. Staff that I met mostly new and it seems that they're willing to help. Ah WIFI is nice in this hotel.

Despite location for people need access to Mangga Besar, Mangga Dua, Ancol and surrounding, I think this hotel still need not ready.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple