“Nice”

Marugame Udon and Tempura
Ranked #50 of 8,432 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 30, 2014

Their niku udon taste wonderful, but my favorite is the kakiage or veggie tempura.Too bad they do not provide a regular chili sauce...It will be more perfect to eat a fresh crispy tempura with chili sauce dipping.

Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

We visited Marugame Udon at Gandaria City after passing it by many times and seeing long queues of people ordering the food. They recommended their speciality 'Niku Udon' that came with beef. There was also a selection of tempura to choose from. I chose the vegetable tempura and the prawn tempura. To be honest, I couldn't understand why the long queues. The Niku udon for me was average and quite salty. There wasn't enough beef in it either. I much preferred the tempura which was light and crispy and there was a good sauce to accompany it. However, I certainly wouldn't rush to join the queue again.

Reviewed February 21, 2014

This restaurant provide some fast serving udon for everybody! but the quality is undoubtly good! you can also add some tempura to complete the dining experience! The cuisine gets really crowded in the weekend especially lunch and dinner. This place is still new and yet became famous in such speed! :D

Not much, last word from me : Simply one of the best udon dining place you can have in Jakarta!

1  Thank KingsenYan
Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

This is my 3rd visit to marugame udon. At first I tried Niku Udon (45k). Its udon with slices of meat. The meat is very tender.
2nd and 3rd visit, I ate beef curry udon (50k). Ita udon with curry thick sauce and beef slices. Its very delicious!! The curry sauce is very tasty. If you are a big fan of curry, this food is a MUST for you.
There are also lot of choices of tempura (brocoli tempura, vegetables tempura, shrimp tempura, etc). After I read all the review I tried beef croquette. I personally dont really like the croquette. I prefer udon only without any tempura. More delicious.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We ate Marugame Udon and Tempura in Gandaria City Mall. The best thing about this newly hip restaurant is its freshly-cooked food and open-kitchen theme. The staff told us that the noodles (udon) that hasn't eaten within 30 minutes will not be used. They also serve cold udon and wide variety of tempura. The waitress/waiters are very friendly, and although it's a fast food setting, the ambiance was great. The price is also worth the big plate :D