“Lacks management and guests suffer”
Review of Publico - CLOSED

Publico
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Los Angeles, California
“Lacks management and guests suffer”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

This restaurant/bar looks adorable and has so much potential. However, I guess it just comes down to poor management. They are either out of the menu items or poorly execute the ones they do have. For example, I ordered a Bintang on draft. Sorry, we don't have it. How did you forget to stock your national beer? I suggest you go to any local market and buy it. Heineken, out of that as well. They only had beer for which they charged 100,000 rupiah. Really, you only have $10USD beer in stock. I continued down the menu. Bellini, please. After 20 minutes, I asked about my drink. Oops. out of Bellini's and Sangria. They also don't serve any wine by the glass. I finally ordered one of their signature cocktails. It was nice, but over priced. Let me move to the next disappointment. My friend's hamburger was partially raw. Not good. I ordered the pasta with scallops. Let me correct them--it was barely one scallop (cut into several small slivers) that was overcooked. The dish was alright. I wouldn't order it again. My other friend said she liked the salmon. Overall, we had to get up to get a server to help us. Given the numerous employees, you think they would have been more attentive. To their credit, the bartender was very apologetic after he discovered that I waited 20 minutes for a non-existent drink. He sent over a signature cocktail to make up for this delay. This cocktail (the gentleman's port or cocktail) was actually the best item that I had all night. And, I am not a port gal. So, I just hope that someone grabs the bull by the horns and gives this place some direction before it is quickly forgotten.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank hipshoegirl

• Indonesian first
Jakarta
“Nightmarish”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A bridal shower was held in this restaurant recently. We booked the private room downstairs. All seemed normal till orders started to be taken. Small notecards with the menu were on the table. Apparently, guests were supposed to tick what they wanted. We asked how they would match the order to the person. Blank looks.
They ended up taking orders manually on their notepad.
Then CAME THE CHAOS. And what a chaos. Some got their starters, most didnt. Most didnt get their drinks. For TWO HOURS, we had to deal with no drinks, some eating their starters when their neightbour was either having the main dish or nothing at all, Some finished their meal
before another even got their drink.Two of us even approached the front reception, to ask why the service was SO HAPHAZARD. They blamed it on the computer system.
One man at the reception stood out. When asked if he was the owner, he said no, but he was a
friend. This same man was seen instructing the staff... ( friends can instruct? ) . When things
became super chaotic and verging on a nightmare, we asked to meet this same man. WOW,
guess what? He suddenly 'became' the CHEF, was busy, cant come to see us, as he was busy
cooking.
Finally, we asked for the bill, by this time, disgruntled, unhappy, agitated and couldn't wait to get
out of this restaurant. My sister in law and I went upstairs to the main restaurant to pay. We
asked for a waiver of some items, as the desserts were left uneaten, guests were no longer
interested. The so called 'manager' of the restaurant refused. And ....here's the ultimate.
Remember the 'friend' turned 'chef'? He was sitting on a table with another man, back turned to
us, and when I wanted to approach him, I was told SPECIFICALLY that he was not to be
disturbed.
What's the point of this review? To me, a restaurant , even with the best food in town, when it
portrays ARROGANCE, BAD SERVICE, AND POOR MANAGEMENT, should not be given the
time of day.
How was the food? I only have a vague memory of what we ate, simply because it's not nice to
be wolfing down your own food when your neighbour hasn't even gotten theirs.

PS: They did waive our beverages after much tension and irate words, but the bad impression is so stamped in us, especially of the 'friend' 'chef' who turned his back on us. Worst service in the whole of Jakarta. We would have accepted a simple SORRY, WE APOLOGIZE.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank MarquisaJakarta
Jakarta
“disapointed evening”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

restaurant has a nice set up and opened since few month. we gather there with some friends and despite a good ambiance, food was overpriced and quality quite poor for the price we paid. Angus sirloin was served cold and i thought that angus was supposed to be top quality ! most appetizers are with chicken or chicken. only one fish dish on the menu and sold out at 8h00 pm.. nice display for dessert which save the diner.
for booking they ask you for a minimum spending of Rp2.000.000 per table