“One of The Best Spot for Dinner at Jakarta”

Salt Grill by Luke Mangan
Ranked #10 of 7,684 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: European, Australian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Scenic view, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: International chef Luke Mangan's Salt grill in Jakarta is a modern Australian restaurant specializing in Australian cuts of beef, fish and sources the freshest available produce possible.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“One of The Best Spot for Dinner at Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

Surely Salt Grill - Altitude is become "One of The Best Spot for Dinner at Jakarta".
Excellent service, good food, and an awesome window city view.
Come here with my company friends for Halal bi Halal event after Ied at August 2013, and come again for romantic dinner at October 1st :D

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Chandra T

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Roller coaster experience turned sweet”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Thanks to Daniel, had a sweet n memorable bday celebration for our beloved mom, despite the roller coaster experience full of emotions n uncertainties for the first 1 hour.

Was super excited to celebrate our mom's bday by bringing her to one of the best n happening fine steak restaurant @ salt grill. Got 8pm reservation so we arrived at 8.05pm. Was told that the table was not ready with 1001 reasons which didn't solve the issue. Waited for another 15 minutes, another staff came out n offered us to sit on the chef table n order drink/appetizer. Took the initiative n ordered, got the appetizer n drink n the next thing we knew, we were ignored without anyone following up or even checked on us, despite we tried to ask a few times while we also saw some people who just came can come in n get their seats right away.

8.50pm, i decided to escalate this n checked again with the receptionist. This time, another staff came out with his suit, explained their reservation system bla bla bla, which i didn't care to hear. I just wanted a yes, we got a seat or no, we leave now. And he came back saying, there's still no certainties (lightly without any empathy).

At that moment, i lost my nerve n asked my family to leave n move to other restaurant n apologized to my mom for such an awful bday dinner.

My mom n my brother have gone to other restaurant while me n my husband waited to settle the bill. There, Daniel, the restaurant manager, came n apologized n asked for second chance to make this up. It took a few times for Daniel to talk to me and it was his persistency n empathy that got me give him 2nd chance. So i had to call my mom n brother to come back. What a mess n how a supposed-to-be awesome bday dinner became so awful.

At that right moment, things turned around from awful to awesome all the way. We got the best table in the house, best service, great food. Ordered the steak, lamb chop n fish. All were beyond our expectation. Daniel also topped it off with complimentary bday cake n drink. All emotions got paid off.

Finally, the roller coaster experience turned sweet at the end. Thanks Daniel n Salt Grill for making our mom's bday celebration memorable one! It was special!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Efriel L
Sydney
“Congratulations Salt Grill - Stunning view, deliciously pioneering cuisine, impeccable service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My friend and I arrived to gorgeous smiles at the reception and then escorted to our million dollar view by an attentive and very polished Maitre'D. What a great start, and it only became more memorable with delicious tasting menu of fresh and fine dishes.

Coffin Bay oysters swilled down with crisp sparkling wine and elegant surrounds. We ate 5 courses that the Maitre'D and Chef advised....leaving no room for dessert, however a short break solved that issue and we shared the signature liquorice parfait. The raw fish plate was revitalizing, with the caviar of particular note - wisely constructed.

I found this to be a fine dining experience that highlighted Australian cuisine in its contemporary and global place. The view of Jakarta at night is breathtaking. A special place. Highly recommended. Thank you to the charming Manager who tended to the diners and us as a true professional.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank kjetil44
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Enjoyed my dining experience, recommend the tapas/appetizers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had a great lunch at salt grill. Good service, good food. A bit pricey, of course.
City skyline view is a nice idea, but on the day I went, sky was a bit gray.

I particularly enjoyed their tapas and appertizes. Recommendations (copied and pasted off their online menu):
- Roasted cherry tomatoes, mozzarella, peppers, on toast
- Ceviche of kingfish, avocado mousse, pickled onion,
grilled bread
- Tempura tiger prawns, coconut dressing, Asian slaw
- Grilled squid, Sydney spice, pork chorizo, baby corn salad

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank edjakarta
Melbourne, Australia
“Wonderful Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was my second trip to Jakarta and the first for my friend, I had told her of the fabulous dining experience I had the first time at Luke Mangan's Salt Grill, so I decided to take her there so she could experience it too. We were greeted so warmly by the hostess when we arrived at the restaurant and then the Restaurant Manager showed us to our table which was a window seat overlooking the city with a beautiful skyline. The Restaurant Manager was very busy but i noticed all the attention he gave to his customers and was very impressed with his courteousness. Our waiter was so attentive and we never lacked for anything our drinks were topped regularly and as for the meals well all I can say is well done chef everything was cooked to perfection from the appetisers to the main meal and of course that famous liquorice parfait. Well done to all the staff, my friend and I loved the experience.Would not hesitate to recommend the restaurant to anyone, We gave it a big 10 out of 10, loved it!!!!!!

• Visited September 2013