“Exactly what you would expect”

TGI Friday's Kemang Village Jakarta
Ranked #2,386 of 8,149 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: American, Armenian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed May 22, 2014

For any American living in Jakarta, TGI Fridays is where you go if you are really desperate for a reminder of why you left the USA to begin with. Everything is big, loud, high in fat and cholesterol, but with the extra Indonesian restaurant qualities of being slow and unattentive. Having said that, it is the place to go with your kids when they are dying for the taste of home.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

been here twice, and always love the foods! their steak and burger was awesome! international portions! price a bit high but totally worth the foods!

Reviewed December 26, 2013

As all other TGIF… the Jakarta's TGIF is almost exactly as in its homeland.

Food quality is good, food are fun to eat.. Ribs and steaks are delicious.

The only thing to dislike is the price, too expensive!!!

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice cosy atmosphere and that's where it ends. It's all show with promises of great food soon to be shattered when even a USD 30 steak "New York style " cannot be selected or prepared properly. Tough and tasteless drowning in sauce. Had a starter - some cheese wrap - shall I specify processed cheese - oily and inedible.

You cannot fool all people all the time and I wish this place and many others a quick demise. If only locals could cook as well as they sing and if restaurant managers would bother to travel to other parts of the world to see that success does not come from copying menus and concepts but actually involves good food.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

First of all, I don't usually review restaurant. If you see my other review, its all hotel and travel reviews.
I have to send a review of this restaurant because Ive been a TGIF regular back when I was studying in the US. I also had dinner every week at the now closed Taman ria senayan's TGIF which had the friendliest waiter. I was not planning to write a review too, unfortunately I was severely dissappointed with the restaurant which just opened in PIM1

I visited the PIM1 TGIF today. I was seated a the booth just in front of the kitchen.
First thing I noticed was that the heat from the kitchen was seeping through to our booth.
The sound of kitchen staff mucking around was overpowering the music playing in the restaurant. We were just ordering drinks from what seems like forced friendliness from the waiter, suddenly a loud bang came from the kitchen from what I guess was a dropped large pan or pot came out from the kitchen.
It surprised my table and all tables close-by the kitchen. To my surprise the Kitchen staff was laughing their [--] off with absolutely no care to the surprised clients, which prompt me to move to another table away from the kitchen.
We moved to another table and ordered our usual TGIF foods from the menu:
- The buffalo wings had absolutely no taste from lack of sauce and the bleu cheese sauce on the side has lumps on it
- The honey mustard sauce which comes with the crispy chicken was so thin that it wouldn't even stick to the chicken.
- The Jack Daniel's Burger's meat was so dry that I was trying to imagined I was eating a whopper just to finish it.

Overall I would not eat there ever again unless they improved on everything.