“Just another crappy restaurant in Jakarta”

TGI Friday's Kemang Village Jakarta
Ranked #1,668 of 8,502 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: American, Armenian, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice cosy atmosphere and that's where it ends. It's all show with promises of great food soon to be shattered when even a USD 30 steak "New York style " cannot be selected or prepared properly. Tough and tasteless drowning in sauce. Had a starter - some cheese wrap - shall I specify processed cheese - oily and inedible.

You cannot fool all people all the time and I wish this place and many others a quick demise. If only locals could cook as well as they sing and if restaurant managers would bother to travel to other parts of the world to see that success does not come from copying menus and concepts but actually involves good food.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

First of all, I don't usually review restaurant. If you see my other review, its all hotel and travel reviews.
I have to send a review of this restaurant because Ive been a TGIF regular back when I was studying in the US. I also had dinner every week at the now closed Taman ria senayan's TGIF which had the friendliest waiter. I was not planning to write a review too, unfortunately I was severely dissappointed with the restaurant which just opened in PIM1

I visited the PIM1 TGIF today. I was seated a the booth just in front of the kitchen.
First thing I noticed was that the heat from the kitchen was seeping through to our booth.
The sound of kitchen staff mucking around was overpowering the music playing in the restaurant. We were just ordering drinks from what seems like forced friendliness from the waiter, suddenly a loud bang came from the kitchen from what I guess was a dropped large pan or pot came out from the kitchen.
It surprised my table and all tables close-by the kitchen. To my surprise the Kitchen staff was laughing their [--] off with absolutely no care to the surprised clients, which prompt me to move to another table away from the kitchen.
We moved to another table and ordered our usual TGIF foods from the menu:
- The buffalo wings had absolutely no taste from lack of sauce and the bleu cheese sauce on the side has lumps on it
- The honey mustard sauce which comes with the crispy chicken was so thin that it wouldn't even stick to the chicken.
- The Jack Daniel's Burger's meat was so dry that I was trying to imagined I was eating a whopper just to finish it.

Overall I would not eat there ever again unless they improved on everything.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We 4 friends went, asked if anything was fresh, after food was served.

The supervisor informed all food is processed, frozen from US, comes via Malaysia. At times it can be stale if Freezer broke down or so.

Food was average, huge portions, prices high comparing quality.

We will think thrice before going again.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

After leaving indonesia for a while,tgif is back again. the food still got the same quality. Luv the steak,the burger and all of the dessert. Service is excellent as usual. Portion is quite generous for average indonesian. Price is a bit high but still tolerable. Great place for family.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

I can't find my favorite baby back ribs in this restaurant. In fact, I don't see anything contain pork in their menu. It's like having a fake TGIF, though they still serve jack daniels' steak. So it's not totally halal. CMIIW, alchohol is haram right? So what's the point of keeping pork out from the menu?.

If you walked in to TGIF Kemang and expecting to eat their pork ribs, be ready to get dissapointed, like I did.

This is what we ordered:
1 green tea (23.900IDR)
1 camomile tea (23.900IDR)
1 tuna avocado tortilla (69.900IDR)
1 BBQ roasted chicken (99.900IDR)
1 cajun shrimp pasta (99.900IDR)
1 mocha mudpie (59.900IDR)
We paid 444.200IDR (after 10%tax and 7% service charge).

The taste of their food was just so-so (acceptable), maybe because I was expecting for their baby back ribs; but the service was great. The staffs respond was quick and they were friendly too.

4  Thank SimpleGirlJakarta