“Great Rooms and could have been great overall”

Citadines Rasuna Jakarta
Ranked #83 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Okay just got back from Road Block Jakarta.

The great bits first:
- Rooms are big and nice
- View was great as all rooms begin from 21st floor.
- Room has a kitchenette with microwave, utensils etc amazing

The good bits now:
- Service staff are pleasant. Room service checked multiple times when I left the DND light on by mistake and even left notes on not having cleaned the room
- Lobby staff are amongst the best I have encountered anywhere in the world. Kind, helpful and ever smiling.

Now the not so good bits:
- The hotel telephone lines were down throughout my 4 day stay.
- Hotel is shared with a hospital in the same building and can get funny smells in lobby and sometime even in room.

The really bad stuff:
- Dont eat breakfast here instead just hop across to the plaza festival and eat some healthy bfast. Never have I seen sch pathetic breakfast spread. It had rice, chicken curry and soup. this apart some really sad looking papayas, few cornflakes with milk, white bread and some sponge cake. Never have I tastes such bad egg preparation anywhere tried an omlette one day, scrambled a second and fried egg the third all bad.
- The loss has echast fans which brings jun weird smells into the room rather than take out.
- Finally get your own pillows or end up with a sitff neck every morning.

Room Tip: Don't eat breakfast here
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Darshan M
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Sir,

We thank you very much for your valuable feedbacks from your recent stay with us.

We appreciate your positive comments about our products and services and we will put our best efforts to maintain these.

At the same time, we will look into areas of improvements and find ways to make it better for the benefits of all our guests and residents.

Please accept our apology on the problems of telephone system during your stay. We managed to get the system back earlier this week.

We look forward to welcome you again and we do hope that we can give you a better stay experience in your next visit.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

After searching for affordable family accomodations in Jakarta we booked a 5 night stay at Citadines. With 2 adults and 2 children we stayed in a large 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom apartment. The kitchen/living room was huge, bedrooms were average in size like the twinbeds. 1 of the bathrooms had a toilet and shower and a great view over the city. The other was small, no windows, but had a bath. The apartment was clean and had modern furnishing. We didn't really use the kitchen only the large fridge to keep drinks cold, but it looked like it was a full options kitchen. The TV's (one in living room and one in bedroom) were new and had a lot of channels.

The front desk workers and cleaners were all very friendly. Upon arrival we had some A/C issues, but the staff took care of it and after 1 day we had a working system.

Breakfast was basic but good enough for a 5 night stay. It is served in the Ratatouille restaurant that will also supply a roomservice dinner (frech/european food) which was quite nice.

The gym looked very small, but for a short stay no problem. Swimmingpool was very cold and windy, for us the only downside at this property. We used the facilitaties at the Elite Club (for a fee) across the street, nice pool for childeren with small slides and a large gym.

In the near vicinity (walking distance) are 2 malls with mainly restaurants. Across the street was festival plaza, with a lot of low priced food outlets like McDonalds and BreadTalk. The shops were also low priced and not very attractive. A bit further (5-10 minute walk) is Epicenter. Here you will find some more upscale restaurants (our favorite was Bluegrass Grill) and a Starbucks. Not many shops, but I think they are in the process of expanding. For kids there is a small inside playground (don't forget to bring socks or buy them there for a small fee) with an electric train for the little ones.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

Dear Ms. Ariane H,

We thank you very much for taking your time to write about us based on your recent visit and stay in Jakarta.

We are glad that you had some positive experiences about our property, facilities and services. We will put our best efforts to maintain it and make ongoing improvements for the benefit of all our guests.

Please accept our apology on the AC problem for the first day.

We look forward to welcome you again in your next visit to Jakarta and in the meantime, do not hesitate to contact us if you need any assistance from us.

Budhi

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I'm nearing the end of a three week stay which is my third visit here and I'll continue to use it this year. I like my one-bedroomed apartment and the location of the property is across the road from numerous food outlets in Festival Plaza (I think its called). The Epicentrum Mall is close by with more food outlets and the Ming Restaurant is really good. Problems reported to the front desk are usually resolved quickly.
I choose not to use the breakfast room which has a very poor reputation.
The property advertises a Residents Lounge but no one remotely knows when this will be opened which is a shame.

Room Tip: No advice offered, sorry.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear Mr. Ward,

We thank you very much for your continous support to us and we do hope that we can continue providing you accommodation when you are in town.

We keep monitoring the progress of our lounge with the developer and hopefully we could open it soon. Please accept our apology on this.

Budhi S. Djunaid

Reviewed December 27, 2013

Location: Right in the middle of Jakarta.

Transportation: Get a taxi. Nothing else...

Food: Not much food around but everything is close by taxi. So I am fine by this hotel.

Surrounding: The MMC hospital is right beside the hotel, connected to the hotel. I love it.

Service: The service here is great! I love it!!! Kartiya (the manager, hope I get the name right) is great. She resolves my problems quickly and efficiently. I had a problem with taxi driver driving me all over the place but my office... So she helped me to resolve it while getting another taxi for me to go to the office.

Room: The room is huge. Complete with a kitchenette that has everything! I can live here for long. I am ok with this room :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Madam,

We thank you very much for your positive feedbacks about our property from your recent stay with us.

We will share your specific compliment about our service with the team, to motivate the rest in delivering best service to all of our guests and residents.

We look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

The new serviced apartment in Jakarta. Rooms are spacious. Very nice decoration and nice city view. The lobby size is quite small and low ceiling. I haven't had enough time to try their breakfast. Location is a bit far from Plaza Indonesia. But next to Citadines, there is a small shopping center.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Sir,

We do hope that we could host you again in when you are in town.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for two weeks on business trip. Stayed in one and two bedroom apartment, which is modern, and well furnished. My only issue was the beds, they are hard as a rock ! The apartments were clean and well maintained, nice bathrooms etc.

The gym needs more equipment.

The pool is very nice.

Overall would stay here again

Room Tip: Stay at the rear of the hotel away from the main road of Rasura Said as its noisy and the mosque acr...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Dear sir,

We thank you very much for your kind feedbacks through Tripadvisor.

We will look into our bed quality and see what we can do best to address the problem.

As for the gym, we are still waiting for some equipments to be delivered for lower part of the body. Hopefully with this, we hope that our gym corner could fit our guests requirements.

Again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you back again when you are in town.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel apartment earlier in the year and wasnt impressed. I stayed there last week and found it to have fised almost all the problems I mentioned.
The check was good, the aircon worked, no banging in the night from maintenance, Gym was clean but still lacking some essential equipment for legs (hamstring and quad raise machine and no bar bells for squats), breakfast was same without major improvements.
I came away feeling a lot better about having stayed there. it is close to Emporium so you can have meetings there.
Generally a great improvement
See you soon there!

Room Tip: The pool is in the shade so it can be quite cold. Also try some of the local food upstairs in the f...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Budhi D, Manager at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Dear Mr. Peters,

We are glad to hear your positive feedbacks about our property based on your recent stay with us.

Also thank you for your comments about gym and breakfast. We are in the process of completing some other equipments for our gym corner, especially for lower body part.

Your comment about breakfast will be highlighted to our vendor for improvements.

Once again, thank you very much and we look forward to welcome you again at Citadines Rasuna Jakarta when you are in town.