“Excellent food, beautiful restaurant”
Review of E&O

E&O
Ranked #35 of 8,280 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I don't doubt that other people have had issues with the service here, but I'm please to report that my friends and I had excellent service from the beginning of our evening at the bar, till the end after we'd eaten. The cocktails were excellent and the food was outstanding. I generally find pork belly to be too fatty and off-putting, but I have to say that E&O's version was one of the best dishes I've ever eaten.

The ambiance of the restaurant was just right, as well - very nice, but not too fancy or stuffy. The staff were all lovely, as well. I'd highly recommend a visit.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

My family and I had made a reservation on E&O for the 25th Dec 2013, for 7pm.

We reached E&O on 6:55pm sharp, and upon mentioning of our reservation name, we were told to wait in the bar, despite the apparent empty tables at that time.

At 7:15pm, even after making a reservation, we are still waiting at the bar for our tables, and not a single confirmation was given from the staffs to us regarding our table. By 7:20, I had gone over to the counter THREE times to ask for our table. Eventually, the lady at the counter finally admitted that they had given our table to another customers, despite us arriving on time. They also can't afford to provide us a replacement table as they claimed that all are fully reserved. By this time I was infuriated and demanded to speak with the Manager. Upon speaking with him, he double checked with the counter, went on to check on the tables, and never came back to us again, nor did he provide us with any explanation or solution.

By 7:25, I walked over to the counter for the fourth and final time. They finally said they had an alternate table for us, but told us that we had to give this table to someone else at 9pm because it was reserved. Are you kidding me? Despite their errors, they asked us to eat our Xmas dinner in 90 mins? So we left.

Terrible, appalling, and most of all, very unprofessional management.

3  Thank FelixTedja
Robin J, Public Relations Manager at E&O, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Mr. Felix Tedja,

Thank you for sharing and alerting us to the problem you had during your last visit.
I am sorry to learn that you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. It is apparent that we need to train our staffs in the Reservations Team more thoroughly. Please know that I am on top of this matter.

Again, my sincerest apologies on behalf of the team here at E&O. We hope that we can still change your opinion about us during your next visit.

With Best Regards,

Robin Jeremia

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I have been to this restaurant before and I liked the place a lot. So, I decided to invite my friends to have a dinner there, expecting another good experience.

I made my reservation on the 8th of December and even came on the 9th to make sure of my choice. I made the reservation for the 21st of December for 24 pax. The hostess name was Intan. I originally requested for the long sofa table, but she said that the sofa was not available and offered me the normal table instead. I accepted the offer because it was easier to move around, too.

So, on the day of my dinner. I received a call from a hostess named Tina and she informed me of a minimum spending for the table, which I have NEVER been informed before. Luckily, they decided to waive it off because they admitted that it was their fault.

I arrived at E&O and MY TABLE WAS SWITCHED TO THE SOFA TABLE, which my friends and I do not appreciate. I went to the hostess desk and asked politely for the reason of change and why was i not informed.

This is their answer. Word by word.
"Sorry, Mam. But, we have our own functions here and we are very busy."

What kind of training do they give to these hostesses?

I decided to let go of the table issue and enjoy my dinner. On a brighter note, The dish was marvellous as usual and came out pretty quick (props to the chefs and cooks) and the waitresses were very patient and prompt.

At 9.51 PM, a lady with a jacket came to me and politely asked me to clear out. We were not happy about it, since the hostess promised us that we can stay until 10.30 PM due to the inconvenience.

I politely told the lady that we are paying the bill right now and asked her to wait. She said Ok, but SHE WENT TO MY GUESTS and asked them to clear out,too. That was really, really rude of her and I asked her again to just wait and to stop bothering my guests.

10 minutes later, right after I paid the bill, she came to me again to check whether can we leave and told me that she really needed the table.

It was all in all, an awful experience on the reservation and hostess. I do not know who the lady was, but she was impolite and had embarrassed me in front of my guests.

I hope that E&O can improve these areas as it has delicious cuisine and strategic location. It would be a shame to let it go to waste.

8  Thank nowheretraveler
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had an enjoyable lunch with one of my friends today at E&O; however this was ruined by their waiter over ordering food; when our starter arrived three portions and not two arrived; the third was returned. We waited a long time for condiments to enjoy the meal but otherwise the meal was very good. Then when it was time for the bill they were insistent that we had to pay for the extra starter that was returned and actually gave it to us in a doggy bag, not sure anyone would want to reheat Thai fish cakes…after speaking with the waiter several times and eventually the manager the over ordered item was removed from our bill. You might ask well its only one item; fact of the matter we did not order this extra item, the waiter also confirmed our order at the time of taking our order twice and the effort required to correct the billing processed destroyed the entire experience.

1  Thank PaulBealeJakarta
Reviewed November 26, 2013

Two best dishes I can't believe exist in this world are served by this restaurant. I don't really eat pork but their pork hock is just unbelievable. It was very crunchy on the outside and juicy inside. It's not cheap but definitely worth the price. The other excellent dish was their chicken satay. I have tasted thousand satays in my whole life but I never knew it could be so juicy! It is like being given something you didn't know existed before. We also had beautiful wine and some salad with salmon, which are very good but not excellent.

Been to E&O? Share your experiences!