“Unforgettable stay in Jakarta”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Jakarta
Evy's Benhil Homestay
Ranked #37 of 350 Jakarta B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 11, 2013

First of all is thank Evy and all family for the time spent with them during my 2 months stay at actually almost my second home.
They are so kind and help the guests as much as they can, about which places to isit or how to reach, they can give advice about tradicional souvenirs or good quality and cheap shopping.
The location is in a traditional indonesian neighborhood immersing oneself in an unique experience. There are many "warung" small shops where you can buy the meal already cooked, there are also malls close and also a big "pasar" market where you can take fish for dinner. About the transport, no problem, you can take a cheap bemo until the main street once there take ojek, minibus, transjakarta..thamrin square, national monas, gran indonesia, or blok m are quite close by transportation just have in mind about the office schedule to avoid the traffic jam.

In resume real indonesian ambiance, good and quite location and they get make you feel like being part of a big family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SergBang

Reviewed August 5, 2013

I love this place! It's in the center city, so we can walk to the main important places and avoid the worst in Jakarta, the traffic jam! Evy and her family are so nice and friendly! It's just like home! They know a lot about Indonesia, the best places, etc. and all them speak in English. The house is very nice too. It also has a beautiful garden! And the price is one of the last expensive I found, bearing in mind all the conditions!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Andreia n
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Evy and her family are the wonderful friendly and welcoming heart of this central Indonesian Homestay. All members of the family have great English and go out of their way to help build Indonesian language skills (if you're interested), to provide information about their city and to make you feel at home away from home.

The homestay is clean, spacious, outfitted with desk/fridge/AC/bathrooms/t.v and comfortable beds, there is even a little shared kitchen area if required. And the location could literally not be more authentic, I have heard tell this may be the last real "Kampung" (Village) in central Jakarta. Kids run about in the alley's outside the house and the local community are inviting, friendly and proud of their neighborhood. We've been here a month and already we feel a little like locals.

The "Kost" Homestay, is close to a variety of food stalls, Semanggi Mall (as well as a host of other major malls), a wonderful food and vege market, a range of deli's (including 711) and possibly the best Ikan Bakar street side restaurant in Jakarta! Evy and her family charge our phones, arrange for clothes to be washed and are always asking about our ventures and making us feel apart of their city.

I literally cannot recommend this place enough. Perfect for people with longer stays, or those looking to meet travelers and locals away from the madness of your typical hostel - a real local experience. Please if you have any questions or inquiries regarding a stay here do not hesitate to contact me at r.tilby@gmail.com, I would be happy help build this deserved business. It's the least I can do to thank Evy and her family for their hospitality.

Room Tip: Best rooms are those with windows to the hall or outside!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank rob T
Reviewed June 10, 2013

I think, this is a good place for staying in Jakarta. The atmosphere is great, peaceful and friendly. The access is good since it is in downtown of the city. It ain't easy to find such a good place for staying in this city, but this Evy's place could be one of the best. I highly recommend you to try staying here if you come to Jakarta.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank febbydc
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This homestay is awesome for many reasons. I spent 5 nights there and I have no complaints. From the moment I arrived, I felt at home. Evy and her family are ever so helpful and would make your stay and trip worthwhile. They will point you to the right directions and will answer your queries as best they can. Language is not a problem for English speakers. There are many room options at Evy's. It's clean and you will be right in the centre of Jakarta. Jalan Sudirman is walking distance.. you can walk to some fascinating areas but, there are public transportations, interesting ones like bajai, angkot, ojek, and taxis are easily available. You must experience all these transportations if in Jakarta. If you want to experience the real Jakarta and not what tourists are directed to see.. stay here. Walk through the gangs and say hello to the locals around the area. There are much to see and images to capture. If you're reading this, look no further. I have stayed in Jaksa on my last trip and I disliked Jakarta, I stayed here and I see a different Jakarta and learnt more about the locals. If you're lucky you'd meet interesting travellers and others who are staying there from all over and all walks of life like I did. If you're concerned about getting to Monas, Kota... Trans Jakarta is a walking distance .. really you can go almost everywhere from here on your own.. if you wanna explore further just ask the family. Enjoy :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank nikjass
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Evy and her family are incredibly welcoming and take great care of all of their guests. The house is in a traditional neighborhood, perfect if you want to get an authentic Indonesian experience. It is great for short or long stays - I stayed for four months while doing an internship and was able to meet other international guests and Indonesians also staying in the house.

All of the rooms are very clean and have their own bathrooms. Laundry is available as well.

Highly recommend this home!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
7  Thank Elizabeth W
evychandra, Manager at Evy's Benhil Homestay, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2013

Thank you for sharing and thank you to be part of my family while you were here doing your internship.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is awesome - a clean, friendly, authentic homestay right inside one of the village's of Jakarta. Not only did Evy pick me up from the airport, she and her family treated me like a friend. She and her husband shared a trip to the beach with me, and er son Billy accompanied me to a class I took in Jakarta. While I was there, they helped withe everything - transportation, shopping, restaurants, laundry. Evy is a very interesting person, and well-versed in Indonesian history and culture. I now count her a friend. My last day at the homestay she took me shopping for presents and we had so much fun - she also got me good prices! The whole family is fluent in English. Breakfast is great - rice based with egg and coffee.

Rooms are VERY clean and new, with AC and flat-screen TV, the bathrooms are western and laundry is available for a very low price. The village life is vibrant - if you want to see how real people live here, this is your place. I stayed over a week, two times, and will definitely be back.

You could stay in a hotel for a similar rate and miss out on knowing a really great family and getting understanding of a really interesting part of Jakarta - but why would you?!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo