“Brand NEW hotel, near international exhibition area / Convention center”

favehotel Tanah Abang - Cideng
Ranked #117 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed March 10, 2014

The best hotel I have ever stayed in !!!

Normally I only stay in hotels with 4 or 5 stars, but this time I arrived Jakarta without having prebooked any hotel and "by accident" I checked into this hotel with only 2 stars, because it was near the international fair I attended.

But what a lucky "accident" !

A new & clean hotel within short distance from the international fair area with a staff that do everything to make You feel welcome and at home.The building was brand new and very clean and tidy. The breakfast was good and tasty, Just beside the hotel I found a KFC, a travel agency which provided all kinds of budget tickets.

In my mind there is 2 kind of people:
Those who work for a living and do only what they are paid to do (and nothing more)
and those who live for their work and go beond their duty to make the customer happy.

The staff on this hotel defently belong to the second category!
Every person on this hotel, from the front desk Manager, to the lady who served the breakfast in second floor, seemed to have a personal interest in making my stay as comfortable and nice as possible.
The hotel did also provide transport with their own car whenever this was neccesary. When I lost my iphone and broke the glass, the Front desk manager offered to help me with this problem.
Not only did he show me where to go, but he also helped me to bargain down the price to 50% of normal, and made sure I got the best service from the repair-shop. Only one hour after my phone was chrushed, it was just like new again.

I am a 52 year old business man which have been travelling all over the globe for the last 30 years. My time is valuable and I have never before bothered to "waste my time" on writing comments about the hotels which I have stayed at.
This is the first time I am sitting down before my computer to write comments about a hotel.
This because I feel that the information about this hotel which I found on the internet, do not give a good enough picture of the truth.

I now feel so greatful to the fantastic people who gave me such a nice stay at their hotel, that I this time wanted to "waste some time" on writng a few words here on trip advisor.
I will recommend this hotel to my best friends.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
8  Thank Finn Ståle M
Rudy H, Manajer at favehotel Tanah Abang - Cideng, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Dear Finn Stale M,

It is such an honor learning your very positive reviews posted on your accidental visit to Neo Cideng Jakarta recently !.

With valuable comments from you, we are challanged how to maintain or continue improving our services to all our valuable customers.We will convey your review to our valued team members whom managed to help your unusual situation out specially our Front Office Mgr / Oka whom we now always there for customer with his full-hearted to help all of our guests needing assistance

Once again, on management behalf we are proud to say that we have team whom able to do mileage to help sincerely our customer's problem beyond his job

Lastly we look forward to welcoming you or your associates back and feel free to ask any assistance needed when you revisit us soon!

Kind regards

There are newer reviews for favehotel Tanah Abang - Cideng

Reviewed March 6, 2014

Second visit to Neo Hotel Cideng in 6 months. Just like the impression from the first visit, quality for price. Quiet area and kind staff. New facilities and clean rooms. Recommendable especially for business trip.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank junghwan0404

Hello Junghwan0404,

Thank you for coming back to Neo Cideng Jakarta!.
We are so happy to hear your continued positive impression of our product and service

It would be much appreciated even more if you can share good things about us to your business associates or friends to visit us in the near future. See you again soon!.

Cordially yours,

Reviewed February 26, 2014

That hotel is near from my office, if traffic and feel tired sometimes i stay at neo before i go home , as a budget hotel that is cool, nice and funky hotel i guess;) friendly reception. The location is strategic that make easier to go every where and the transportation so easy to find. Nice place to short stay ...........but no swimming pool here

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Deedeerosma

Hi Deedeeroosma, Jkt

We are happy to hear that you stayed with us as it is located nearby your office.
Being budget hotel, we always try to provide our utmost service yet remain helpful and friendly but sorry that we do not have swimming pool for our small property. We hope to see you again and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next coming visit.

Warms regards

Reviewed February 21, 2014

We stayed in January 2014 and the area flood free in Cideng. I stayed here for 2 nights in a deluxe room. Room large enough for our family (2 young children). The rooms are clean enough and the staff are very friendly. Water heating system less stable and sometimes hot suddenly cold. Breakfast is not bad, but in addition to proteins lacking, available only rice, vegetables and fruits. But fortunately I was able to ask for an egg omelette. Access to a variety of shopping close by, because it is located in the city center. To book a taxi not long and easy to get. We are very happy here and would go back again if the holiday to jakarta.

Room Tip: orders directly through the website Hotel Neo will be able to discounted 10% and will be find delux...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank charlie n
Rudy H, Manager at favehotel Tanah Abang - Cideng, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Charlie.N - Berau

Thank for spending your last holidays at the Neohotel Cideng Jakarta
We are glad to hear any constructyive feedback posted like water heating system which supposed to be in proper set to supply hot/cold water. Our engineering normally conducts a regular water supply pressure check on a daily basis but thank you this is reminding our team to be more consist on checking it. As for the breakfast, unfortunately being budget hotel we only provide simple breakfast variaties. Lastly we look forward to the opportunity of hosting you or your relatives in the near future time

Kind regards,
Hotel Manager

Reviewed February 21, 2014

It was our first time staying at this new hotel in Jakarta. Very warm with sincere smile and friendly from reception, welcoming me and my friend. As a budget hotel, it went above and beyond my expectations. I loved the ambiance, food and beverages at Tomodaci on mezzanine floor. The room was quite basic, but very clean and had everything we needed. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Alex D

Dear Alex D, Long beach CA

First of all, thank you for trying up our new budget property in town.
We are glad that you found our warms & friendly service delivered beyond your expectation by our young team members - we will convey to them to maintain it as our commitment to provide service excellent
Look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back when revisit Neo Cideng Jakarta in a not too far time

Best regards

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We had stayed at Neo Cideng for 2 nights. The rooms are small but clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I had lost my watch in one of rooms, the staff was quite cooperative in helping me find it. The service was good. Probably they can add few more varieties in the breakfast menu.
The location of the hotel is right in the center of the city, which makes it easy for you to commute, the hotel provides airport pickup and drop also can arrange for a taxi.

A nice place for short stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Vijendra_k
CidengHM, Manajer at favehotel Tanah Abang - Cideng, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Vijendra - Mumbai,

We are happy to hear about your good comments over your last patronage to Neo Cideng Jakarta
and find us a reasonable-priced hotel. We will continue to strive an excellent service standard, but regret to hear about your lost watch

Feel free to let us know if you need any further assistance when you plan to visit again Jakarta and don't forget to share this experience with your associates/relatives in Mumbai!

Cordially yours,

Hotel Mgr

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights, the location is quite convenience even though it was traffic to go everywhere. It took me 1.5 hours just to get to the nearby mall at 6 pm, and cost me 150,000 rupiah. The room rate was fine, but the room was much less than expected. Very small it was and the amenities was limited. If you have phobia of small rooms, better choose other hotels.

I used the free wifi and it was very slow. staffs were friendly and helpful. There is no good place to walk around to, and it get quite dark at night.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Piers D, Mexico-Missouri USA,

Thank you for positing your review from your last visit to our property,
Yes, during the working-days, our hotel location is quite traffic-hectic but our hotel is a preferred hotel for business/Meeting on working days and shopping on weekends

If you happened to have stayed in other category at Neo Cideng, our 30-sqm Deluxe rooms could have been a better option for yous last stay with us

Once again, thank so much for your valuable comment and we appreciate for trying our product!

Kind regards