“Lack of communication”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Kebayoran Baru
Reviewed February 15, 2015

The last time I had dinner in this place. They were testing my temper.
I walk in with a reservation on last year's Valentines day. I admit that I'm a bit late that day. The fact is they don't want to serve the guest that are late. But that day, they let me and my Gf in. After eating 3 courses of meal, a waiter came up to me and ask us to leave. We didn't even finish our 6 course dinner and they ask us to leave. I have to say that this is a very very rude approach. And last but not least, they charged us the full price for the unfinished course. Someone need to close down this place..

Date of visit: March 2014
8  Thank ChristopheT8

Reviewed February 14, 2015 via mobile

Terrible experience on my valentines day. This restaurant don't deserve the fine dining title at all!
First, they took almost 4hrs just to serve 5 courses. It was suppose to be a 6 course meal but they did not serve us the last one.
Second, THEY GAVE AWAY MY FLOWER BOUQUET TO ANOTHER GUEST!!
I received it from my partner and told the waiter to keep it for me while i was eating. But when i'm ready to take it back, the flower's gone. So much for a 'fine dining' restaurant.
For me, this place is waay to overpriced with awful service, they don't deserve the title and need to close this place down to improve the quality.

Date of visit: February 2015
4  Thank fwirawan3
Mount S, Guest Relations Manager at Chateau Blanc, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2015

Dear Mrs. Felita Wirawan

Responding to the comment on our courses, the reservation under Mrs. Ferlita Wirawan and Mr. Marianus Suntanu were made using Qraved website, which is not affiliated with Chateau Blanc, yet we’ve managed to accommodate the reservation on the first of two batches of dinner reservations. Six courses were served to all guests until the second batch finished the Valentine dinner, including the last course of the first batch.

On the bouquet, as I’ve already conversed with Mr. Marianus Tanu via email, on behalf of Chateau Blanc I deeply apologize for the unfortunate occurrence on that evening. Mr. Marianus' bouquet bill was already refunded within 1 day using bank transfer in addition to complimentary dining vouchers.

Thank you.

Delvia Handoko
Head of Marketing of Chateau Blanc

Reviewed January 14, 2015

I know beforehand that I have to shell out serious money to dine in this restaurant. I'm glad we came away happy and satisfied after our experience. I made a reservation online (it was a breeze, someone emailed back for confirmation). The place itself is a very elegant and white (thus the name) house converted to a restaurant. We were seated on the second floor, the area to ourselves. We enjoyed the quiet and romantic ambience. It felt like having a personal chef and staff attending to you on a your own house. Service was prompt and competent. I would like to give a special shout out to our server, Jatnika who was very warm and accommodating. We read the reviews here in trip advisor and we followed the advice of not ordering the wine pairing that's why we just went with the seven course menu and the chef's discovery menu. Almost everything tasted great, most especially the dishes with foie gras, lobster tail, scallops and fish. We spent almost 3 million IDR for two people. Very expensive but worth it. Would like to come back for special occasions.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed December 24, 2014

Our party of 10 in private room enjoyed the ambiance and the meal. Some sore points however were that we could not order ala carte, only set menu available. This was not known when reservations were made. Free this and free that were very deceiving, waiters were always trying to get the parties to order items not on the set menu, without specifying that there would be an additional cost. Reminded me of used car salesmen. The worst was a bill for 240,000 Rp's appeared for a small glass of Grappa. Not a bad place, but beware of the sharks.

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed December 19, 2014

This restaurant is all about looks, but no substance. The food is bland, the staff is friendly but incompetent and they treat wine as if it were a cup of tea. The place likes to profile itself as "Fine French dining". It's neither fine nor French.
We had the taster menu. Still not sure what the amuse bouche was, it was a foam of something without taste. Then followed the green asparagus gazpacho with gorgonzola sorbet. Could have been a great idea, but unfortunately I failed to taste the gorgonzola. The corn ravioli with black truffle butter and parmesan foam did have taste. Alas, the corn ravioli filling was so sweet it overpowered the truffle and parmesan taste. The main came as a choice between Atlantic roasted scallops or a Roasted Australian Lamb rack. Both descriptions are a gross exageration of what you get on your plate. When you serve a single scallop, you should refrain from using the plural of the seafood. When you serve a chop, don't call it a rack. As for the description of lamb, if the animal would have been allowed some more time to live, it may have grown into a lamb! The chocolate cream desert was, simply put, very poor in taste. The chef tries to be creative and has some good ideas, but his taste buds are hopelessly failing him.
At first the wine list looks promising with a wide choice of wines from various countries. But off course they only have a single bottle of most of the wines on the menu. A bit of a problem when you are in a party of eight! Ok lah...it is Jakarta...this happens here regularly. But the worst is still to come. When the 2 (different) bottles I ordered arrived, they felt as if they had just cone out of the microwave oven. Aparently the AC in the "cellar" broke down. No problem lah...we'll just stick your US$200 bottles (each) of red wine in the freezer for a while!?! Seriously, they have no clue how to treat wine.
The service is friendly, but the waiters are slow and less than competent. It took them 30 minutes to serve our aperitif.
In summary, yet another example of a Jakarta establishment that wants to look and feel like a fancy french restaurant, but apart from its prices, doesn't even come close. Definitely not going back there again.

Date of visit: November 2014