“Pleasant Stay and would recommend to others”

JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #50 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed July 23, 2014

This was my 2nd stay with JS Luwansa. This time I spent three weeks in this hotel. Location wise. Right in the smack of CBD, Embassies are around. Needless to say, check-in and check-out were swift. Staffs were attentive. Especially staffs from the Olam Dining, they would remember how i want my coffee or meals to be (credits to Adi & Kelvin). Cleanliness is one of the major factor that I chose this hotel. I did see alot of improvement in this hotel since my last visit in March.But, one thing that the hotel needs to look at-- the wall. As it is barely any sound proofing. For those who are a light sleeper, this might be an issue. Perhaps, you can request for an isolated room. All in all, this is really value for money and will definately recommend this others who are visiting Jakarta apart from the "conversation across the wall". Before I forget, Alaya Spa was good, by the far one of the best massage I've had in the Indonesia.

1  Thank fransjsj
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review,

The entire JSL team of associates would like to thank your for recognizing their efforts and we look forward to your next visit.

Your comments are appreciated and we hope to improve for our future guests to come.

Happy and safe travels to you!

kind regards,

There are newer reviews for JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I actually liked the hotel when I first entered the room. It is in a great location, reasonably priced and the room is OK...clean and the bed is quite comfortable.

Too bad the hotel has a bad water system. When I turn on the tap at the bathroom, it has strong unpleasant smell (other room also had the same problem). Worst, there was no hot water in my room.

When I mentioned the issue to the reception, all I got was "sorry". Poor service recovery by the hitel.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2014

Gear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write us with your comments.

I can Iassure you we will look into your claim and if indeed this was the response from our front desk, it will be dealt with accordingly as this is not the type of response we or should accept.

I have to say that the smell with the water system can and does happen at every hotel in Jakarta as this is a municipal issue in most large metropolitan cities (from time to time). However we would have been able to change your room as it does make a difference.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed July 12, 2014

stay here for a meeting at nearby venue. had not heard the name before. very new and good hotel with modern interior compare to the other hotel nearby. the price is also considered as cheap if i compared to the location and facility. one of the best is they located just besides one of the hang out place for youngster in south jakarta so it is very convinience. but i had to admit that the breakfast is far below the standard. they had to improve.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind review and comments.

As a 4 star hotel we do try and keep our pricing affordable in this area so we do try and keep our breakfast offering appropriate rather than try and keep up with 5 star hotels range,.

For our future guests, the following is our breakfast offering:
Chicken Porridge with 8 condiments, Miso Soup, 11 types of Breads, Waffles, Bread Pudding a small Indonesian selection, Dim Sum, Fried or White Rice, Breakfast Potatoes, Hot Vegetable, 2 Hot Entrees ( a chicken, beef or fish), 2 types of Sausages (beef and chicken), Indonesian Crackers, Cooked to Order Egg Station with 5 Items, 8 fresh fruits, 10 Fresh Vegetable Salads with 3 dressings, 4 cereals, Muesli, 2 cheeses, Yogurt, Orange /Apple juices, Coffee and Tea.

If you should have a special request such as Pancakes, a Breakfast Steak or Fried Salmon, Eggs Benedict, Soy Milk or Pork Bacon, or anything we may have in stock….please challenge my staff to do it as we are pleased to address and satisfy each guest “one at a time” rather than trying to be “everything to everyone, all of the time”.

Thank you and we look forward to remaining the value leader for this area.

Kind regards

Reviewed July 6, 2014

This may be an excellent hotel if you are staying in Jakarta for business but it is a terrible choice if you are on vacation. Stayed 3 nights at the hotel. Issues: 1) No place to sit and read (their is no real lobby), 2) no pool for relaxation (only an infinity pool for laps which could not be used as children were playing in the pool), 3) SPA closed for Ramadan.
DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING THAT IS TOLD TO YOU BY THE FRONT DESK
1) When I arrived in my room temperature was >80oF - called the Front Desk and told to wait at least 10 minutes and air-conditioning would start - after 30 minutes with no air - asked for someone to come to my room - I was told I should have pushed a tiny red switch to turn the unit on. 2) Told when I arrived that SPA was open - told the next day the SPA was closed due to Ramadan - also told I could get a message in my room but no one could find an written material on services offered (as I was leaving noticed a stack of brochures on a desk describing the services. 3) Told when I arrived that I had access to the top floor lounge - when I tried to use the lounge, told that I didn't have access.
Nice clean rooms but only stay here if you have business nearby.

Room Tip: Probably a reasonable hotel if you have business nearby, otherwise avoid.
1  Thank David W
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments about JS Luwansa.

Unfortunately we are located in a city and are positioned to attract and cater to primarily business travelers.

While I will agree we are not a hotel for those on vacation, we have been extremely successful with family travelers and it seems your observations, while perhaps well founded, from your perspective, are of the minority (5%).

I would like to recommend when traveling to a city metropolis to select a 5 star branded hotel as they will be able to offer better pool area and family facilities.

Thank you for recognizing our being a good business hotel as we will hope to be able to continue to be successful in that area to our future guests.

Kind regards and happy travels

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We arrived after a long flight from Amsterdam and were amazed by the kindness of the staff.
The hotel itself it a big, modern hotel, but feels quite small thanks to the decor and friendly staff.
Our room was clean, spacious and luxurious. A minor but nice detail is the possibility to plug in you HD into the TV screen.
The swimming pool is not very large but sufficient and offers a nice view from the 5th floor.
Breakfast was great however it it the staff that makes this hotel outstanding. The reception advised us on some great places to go out!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Axel R
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for calling us the "Best Hotel in Town" .

That's quite an honor amidst all of the 5 star global branded hotels in Jakarta but since I come from a 5 star background and the team I have assembled also comes from brands such as InterCon, Ritz, Hyatt and Starwood....I will agree that our "guest service delivery is second to none".

To all of our future guests, our goal is to provide the highest is guest service standards at an affordable price in a clean and safe atmosphere.

We offer Service and Value at an affordable Price!

Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel, because we wanted to do some big city shopping, before moving on to Bali. Big mistake, this city is not turist friendly. Polluted, SMOG, heavy traffic, not always a sidewalk to walk on, and not easy to navigate in (taxidrivers getting lost). Mall's are eather high end exclusive or cheap crap.
But enyways this hotel is very good, it is located on the edge of town, so there is a bit of distance to everything. Rooms very nice, hotel staff friendly. Breakfast very good, and a lots to choose from. Okay clean, and we had not problems staying there.
Would stay at the hotel again, but not the town!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brian J

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments and for recognizing our excellent guest service and cleanliness.

To all of our future guests, our goal is to provide the highest is guest service standards at an affordable price ion a clean and safe atmosphere.

Happy travels

Kind regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2014

Nice hotel , very good breakfast, the room s are great , next to the hotel there is a small mall with lots of food options ,
New hotel so well mantained not very fare from other shooping area , but you can expect traffic in Jakarta is terrible

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit to JS Luwansa!

We appreciate your highlighting Cleanliness, Value and Location as the key components to our business model.

This helps validate our business model in both Deluxe Rooms as well as Premier and Ambassador Club accommodations where for less than the price of standard room in other global brands, you are able to get Club benefits and privileges.

Cleanliness in a city like Jakarta is also difficult to find in many of the older established hotels

Happy and safe travels!