“Great facilities. Great service.”

JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center
Ranked #65 of 471 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 14, 2013

I'm not sure why, in places like Jakarta, hotels are still being built without double glazed windows. For light sleepers like us, we could clearly hear the noise from the traffic, activities in the stadium below, and the early morning call to prayer. Aside from this, the hotel facilities and service made for a pretty good stay. In fact, the staff were probably the best thing about the place - always smiling and always happy to help.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Braziltraveller2010
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We were delighted to know that you recognize and pointed out our staffs efforts aimed at customer service and satisfaction.

We truly appreciated having you as our guest!

Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

This property delivers an upscale environment with crisply designed, functional rooms with a personalized service on the club floor, Loved the sense of space with the glassed in bathroom. The in room delights we received each day were as artistic as they were tasty, Positioned nicely between a boutique and massive 5 star convention hotel one enjoys a reasonable value with attentive service, intimate settings and the food in both restaurants was excellent,,,give the lamb shank a try, Enjoyed using the gym each day before touring the city. Will look to try the wine bar on my next trip. JS Luwansa is well worth a visit and bypass the masses,

Room Tip: The top floor has a Club Lounge for cocktails and breakfast if desired, The rooms have great city v...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your comments regarding our newly opened hotel property. We are happy to hear you have found value for money and a high service quality product. This is what we aspire to be.....comfortable, clean, value and engaging service.

Happy and safe travels!

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We had our wedding in here on june 16th, 2013. I kid you not, we had a fantastic day.
From the moment we decided JS LUWANSA Hotel as our wedding venue, we knew we had made the right decision, everyone was very kind, helpful and utterly professional.
Everything was brilliant, the food was perfect, the service was excellent, the ballroom was stunning, the staff  was so friendly, helpful, and paid attention in every detail we requested (they really knew what they were doing).
For both of us and all of our guests it was an amazing day. We received so many compliments after the wedding (which lead to our only regret on that day, we wanted to be there as a guest instead of the bride and groom, because everything was so beautiful) So thank you once again to everyone at JS LUWANSA Hotel, as you played a huge part in our special day.
We will definitely recommend JS LUWANSA Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank sfarandy
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear recently married couple,

Thank you soooooo much for the kind and thoughtful note!

I will be so pleased to share your note with our entire JS Luwansa team of associates as your complete and total satisfaction is what we aspire for each and every day!

Your confidence and trust in us by being our FIRST WEDDING in our opening month has been the start of great things to come as we have now booked 11 weddings for 2013.

And thank you even more for reviewing us on TRIP ADVISOR…..Wow!

Please know that you will always be welcome to return as our very special guests….

I hope to hear from you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

True to the rating by tripadvisor this hotel lived to its expectatiom. Nice clean rooms, good bed and good service. I was v impressed when we said we cant have breakfast as we were leaving at 5.30am for a golf game, they obliged us by packing some croissants and buns . Plaza Festival is a short 4 minutes walk, so location is good, too

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your pleasant experience at JS Luwansa!

I'm so glad to hear that our team of associates were able to accommodate your special request due to your early morning departure.

Actually, we would like to see more guests make these type of personalized requests and challenge us to be able to accommodate them....I have empowered all of my team to "make it happen" in all areas.

If there is something on our breakfast buffet that is not available and we are able to do it....the kitchen is ready to do so and this applies to all areas of the service delivery at JSL!

Thank you again and happy travels!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel is still very new. The lobby and reception area is luxurious with marble floor and elegant decor. All the staff give full attention, great attitude, and full of smile from the moment we enter the lobby, went to reception desk, etc. The check in process was fast and they totally given us best all the helps that we need till we get in to our room. The room is nice and new but not so big. I stayed in the Ambassador Room (the biggest room) but the size is not as big as I expected. The good thing is we have access to Ambassador Lounge located at the same floor, where we can enjoy magnificent city view from the top level floor while enjoying afternoon tea (various tea and finger food) and evening cocktail ( with wine, champagne, etc ). The breakfast is okay but not impressive. But of course the best thing about this hotel is their hospitality and great service (and smile) since the moment you enter the building until you check out the hotel. They always treat you with care and full attention. Even when I was standing at the lobby waiting for my car, one of the concierge came to me and ask politely (with smile) : "do you need anything, sir ... or is there anything we can help you.." and it happened most of the time. Excellent services !!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Daniel S

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with such a detailed account of your visit.

You positive comments are are so very appreciated as providing an exceptional service experience is what we strive for every day.

I am so pleased to be able to share your note with our team of associates so they know that their efforts do not go unnoticed.

Thank you again and please do not hesitate letting me know if we or I gm@jsluwansa.com can be of assistance to you in any way at JSL!

Kind regards

Reviewed September 1, 2013

Had an excellent stay at this new hotel. The rooms were attractive and well fitted, the hotel staff friendly and willing to help! Having access to business and club lounge was definitely a plus. Would have liked more entertainment options and mini bar was missing in room, but apparently available on request. Location was good for the customer I was working with - but location is everything if you visit Jakarta - traffic generally very heavy in this area.

Room Tip: Deluxe - larger room with great bath and free standing tub.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SamD1972
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments. I will be sure and share it with the entire staff!

Hopefully you will return and we will once again have the opportunity to serve you once again.

In that event, we will be happy to recommend some nearby entertainment options for your consideration!

Until then safe and happy travels!

Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is my first time staying at this hotel and it was recommended by my colleague due to its location that is close to my office. We have made arrangement with the hotel for hotel pick up, however nobody was around at the airport to pick us up upon our arrival. I made a call to check with the conceirge and the staff promised to call me back. After waited for 15 mins, there was nobody returning my call as promised. I took the cab directly to the hotel. The journey took me about 90 mins and there's no return call from anyone from the hotel concerning my previous enquiry. Should I continue to wait at the airport, i guess i will be a dumb.

Upon arrival, i mentioned the bad experience with the reception that shown no interest of what had happened.

Apart from that, check-in was smooth. The room was spacious and clean.

I requested for iron and iron board and it took them ages to deliver to the room! Efficiency is an issue.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is big....
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank T_Terrence
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

My sincerest apology for the less than acceptable service you received and experienced on your first visit to our newly opened hotel.

Despite our transportation service mishap and internal breakdown I am hoping this to be an isolated case of our service delivery gone wrong. What I can assure is that this is not what we aspire or had hoped to have had you experience based on the many guests we do handle and the positive response we have received thus far.

Thank you for pointing out the positive points you liked and we will use your criticism to improve for the future.

Moreover, if there is the opportunity for you to once again give us try, I would really appreciate hearing from you regarding your reservation request at gm@jsluwansa.com.

While we do pursue perfection, we do make mistakes but I can assure you we are committed to making things right.

richard mau

My sincere wish is that you will give us the opportunity