“Bad experiences”

Ranked #47 of 464 Hotels in Jakarta
Singapore, Singapore
“Bad experiences”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This is my first time staying at this hotel and it was recommended by my colleague due to its location that is close to my office. We have made arrangement with the hotel for hotel pick up, however nobody was around at the airport to pick us up upon our arrival. I made a call to check with the conceirge and the staff promised to call me back. After waited for 15 mins, there was nobody returning my call as promised. I took the cab directly to the hotel. The journey took me about 90 mins and there's no return call from anyone from the hotel concerning my previous enquiry. Should I continue to wait at the airport, i guess i will be a dumb.

Upon arrival, i mentioned the bad experience with the reception that shown no interest of what had happened.

Apart from that, check-in was smooth. The room was spacious and clean.

I requested for iron and iron board and it took them ages to deliver to the room! Efficiency is an issue.

Room Tip: Deluxe room is big....
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank T_Terrence
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

My sincerest apology for the less than acceptable service you received and experienced on your first visit to our newly opened hotel.

Despite our transportation service mishap and internal breakdown I am hoping this to be an isolated case of our service delivery gone wrong. What I can assure is that this is not what we aspire or had hoped to have had you experience based on the many guests we do handle and the positive response we have received thus far.

Thank you for pointing out the positive points you liked and we will use your criticism to improve for the future.

Moreover, if there is the opportunity for you to once again give us try, I would really appreciate hearing from you regarding your reservation request at gm@jsluwansa.com.

While we do pursue perfection, we do make mistakes but I can assure you we are committed to making things right.

kind regards

richard mau

My sincere wish is that you will give us the opportunity

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Francisco, California
Reviewed August 21, 2013

spend 1 night here, staff were too slow checking us in and they were joking around in the reception. Room was ok but there was a leakage on the ceiling. Housekeeping was friendly, but ordering extra towel took 30 minutes.

There was problem with the air con so I could not sleep throughout the night. The room was also smell like an ashtray. perhaps they were busy and did not maintain the rooms.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Unfortunately I am not able to address you by name due to TA's compliance standards however I do want to truly thank you for bringing your dissatisfaction to my attention.

My only regret is that your stay was such a short one and we did not have a chance to address your concerns and improve our service. As you can see most of our reviews are most positive and as a 4 star hotel our rankings on TA have us placed among only the 5 star and global brands. We could only achieve this from our sincere desire to get things right and in line with guest expectations.

We do have smoking and majority non smoking rooms and would have gladly changed your room if it was one of our smoking rooms, had we been informed. I would like to look further into your concerns regarding the leak, AC and why the towel delivery took 30 minutes. May I know the date of stay and your last name? I would greatly appreciate hearing from you at gm@jsluwansa.com

My sincere apology for this isolated experience.....and thank you again for your time.

Happy and safe future travels!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Wonderful staff make you feel like royalty. Very responsive to our requests. Comfortable and peaceful in the middle of Jakarta, lovely swimming pool at least 20 meters in the open air above the city. Good restaurant. No complaints!

• Stayed August 2013
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your comments relating to your recent visit to JS Luwansa.

We are glad you enjoyed our pool area and we are still in the process of putting a few more added amenities and furnishings to the area. We hope you will have the chance to experience the changes on your next visit.

Until then, I will be most pleased to share your note with our team, travel safe and if there is anything we can do for you, please do not hesitate contacting me personally at gm@jsluwansa.com.

warm regards,

KL
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Hello All,

JS Luwansa Hotel & Convention Center is certainly for those who are looking for awesome stay in Jakarta, cool facilities and really, really superb customer services!

Do experience it yourself. Cheers

4 Thank Nuraisyah_KL
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your kind comments and glowing appreciation for our efforts!

Its what we strive for each and every day......I can promise you that we have our share of mistakes as well however we are committed to making sure we do everything possible to correct our mishaps and keep our guest not only safe but also as satisfied as possible.

Thank you again for your kindness, time and please do not hesitate sending me a note if I might ever be of assistance to you or your family at gm@jsluwansa.com

Have a great day!

Tonyrefail, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hi, just came back from this hotel yesterday. It's quite big (I was on the 18th floor) it was really nice. Spotlessly clean, excellent food and the service from the 'ever-smiling' staff was faultless.
Good gym, a glass-sided swimming pool on the 5th floor and a spa. My room was very nice - desk, chair, sofa, large flat screen tv and a posh bathroom! If you are going to Jakarta on business (would'nt have thought anyone would go there for a holiday?) then I recommend this hotel. I hope I'll have the opportunity to return...

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us with your most appreciated comments and reviewing us with such glowing remarks.

Our team of hospitality professionals at JSL, are guided by being in pursuit of perfection each day.....we may not achieve it but for sure we are always striving for it....

It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the entire team!

Have a great day and please do not hesitate letting me know if I can ever be of future assistance to you at gm@jsluwansa.com

happy and safe travels!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 8, 2013

The stay at this hotel was one of the best experiences I had in Jakarta. It was all smiles from the security team to the housekeeping staff. My family booked several rooms and it got quiet confusing but the receptionists were very kind and kept their cool, even when we had to add an additional room at the last minute. The room was nice and clean and the pool is a pretty cool feature with nice view. Very nice selection for breakfast. Housekeeping and room service staff was pretty awesome, checked in often when we requested something. Everyone was so warm and welcoming! Would definitely stay here when I go back to Jakarta.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jooona
richardmau, General Manager at JS Luwansa Hotel and Convention Center, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Special Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind note!

It is what our entire team aspires to do with each and every guest. We realize that guests perceptions vary so very widely however 99% of our guests find our price vs value relationship and the service we offer to be second to none for this area. Having done 13 openings in my career for Hyatt, Hilton, Starwood and InterContinental, I can assure you that we are the value/service priced product leader in the Kuningan area. New, clean, safe and free high speed internet. Our team will be so excited to know that you were in the 99% of appreciative satisfied guests and I will be pleased to share your review for their efforts.

Please let me know if I can personally ever do anything for you or your future visitors to Jakarta!

kind regards

gm@jsluwansa.com
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Stayed there for a night. Rooms are nice and the corner room 'grand deluxe' was spacious enough with lots of day light.

Service average from check-in to check-out. Went to the restaurant 10 mins before buffet closing and the welcome was "good morning, you have 10 minutes" would have been nice to be able to get a table and order a coffee before being told to hurry up. Breakfast itself needs improvement and cooks at egg station need training.

All-in-all OK stay but not sure I chose the place again.

2 Thank dubai_UAE_traveller
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to send your comments.

While we endeavor to provide the best service at a valued price, I was disappointed to learned that we let you down. I can assure you that this was an isolated incident and for that I sincerely apologize and will use your input to improve as we have only been open for a few months.

Wishing you many happy moments in your travels!

Richard