“Thank so much for best meal, best friendly owner ever”
Review of Pangkep 33

Pangkep 33
Ranked #995 of 8,502 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Indonesian
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The owner Andrew is very friendly, he helps backpackers like me so much to get the greatest value for their money. In addtional, he helps me to buy sim card for mobile, how to call Blue bird taxi in Jakarta, how to go many beautiful places, etc....We're talking many things like friend, although it's the first time I visit Pangkep33 by chance, talk so much till time of closed. The food is so good, too. Don't worry because Mr. Andrew will help you. I'm so impressed with his warmly welcome. Jakarta doesnt have many things to do or to see, but Jakarta persons like Mr Andrew and delecious food I ate in Pangkep33 is the best!!!!!

1  Thank Minh T

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Cannot go wrong with this place for food and price. One of my fav ikan bakar joints for fish. I somethings even pack the food back. Like this more than some of the more terkenal(popular) joints. Food is authentic and not pretentious.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Andrew, the owner, helps backpackers get the greatest value for their money. We had grilled fish, fried squid (Cumi Goreng Tepung - do not forget to order this), fried fish and the famous sambal chili sauce. Best money we've spent on food in Indonesia.
For short trips, I rarely eat twice in the same place so I'd try more dishes, but went here for our last dinner during that trip in Jakarta. Food is great, and you'd have good conversations with the owner.
Staff speaks very little english, but that wouldn't be a problem because they call Andrew when you tell them you can't understand Bahasa.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Hands down one of the best in Jakarta. My friends and I visited Jakarta for the first time to see the Metallica concert, August 2013. Night before the event, we stumbled upon Pangkep 33 looking for authentic Indonesian cuisine. We were greeted by the owner, Andrew, who was kind enough to walk us through the menu. He recommended goreng, bakar, and the Cumi Goreng Tepung (fried squid, picture attached) - which he claims the best in Jakarta. And he was not lying! It was the best we've ever had. We made sure we had our last dinner at Pangkep 33 before we headed back home.

1  Thank dudeonawalkabout
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Amazing seafood.
This outlet, I understand is the latest in the line of Pangkep 33 restaurants in Jakarta.
The Indonesian box fish tasted divine and was paired beautifully with the accompanying sauces and the rice.
The decor is spare but there is a lot of space in there and is situated in the foodie area in the city.
Would certainly recommend this as a great experience.