“Great shop”
Review of Batik Keris

Batik Keris
Ranked #28 of 118 Shopping in Jakarta
Reviewed February 9, 2012

Found a lot of nice things in there that would have taken me longer to find in different places, good if you are short on time or need to see what is out there.
Got some excellent items form there and i though the prices were very reasonable too

3  Thank why_travel
"brand"
"collection"
"art"

Reviewed November 9, 2010

NOT AN ATTRACTION BUT A SHOP!...

BK sells high end quality Batik products from ready to wear, sarongs, even small artifacts and wayang.

3  Thank travelingmadam
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This shop is everywhere in Indonesia, but you know that you'll always get the same quality and (almost) the same prices whichever branch you go into. They have nice quality clothes, furnishings and gifts along with the usual grockle-shop tat. You could get some things cheaper elsewhere, but it depends how long you want to spend searching, shopping around, haggling etc.... And sometimes Batik Keris is much cheaper.

My husband wore a Batik Keris batik shirt for our wedding, which his aunts bought him as a wedding present, and looked well hot in it! He has had it for nearly 8 years, and it's still in great condition. He bought a new one this month, which is really great. The clothes are good quality, and not too expensive. This year they seem to have started trying out fashion clothing as well, some of which is more successful than others, but - a great move nonetheless. As always the variety of fabrics available is amazing!

My only complaint is the sizing. My husband is a smallish man by English standards, but medium sized by Indonesian standards - and for reasons best known to themselves, Batik Keris make their size Small shirts absolutely enormous! Maybe they are for 'small' Australians? And then it goes up to size 4XL?! If Size S is an English size L, what on earth is a 4XL?! Who would fit that, Pavarotti?!?

Luckily, they have bought in a new SS size, which does fit my husband. What you would do if you were genuinely a small man, I don't know.... Buy the children's shirts maybe!

A similar complaint about the women's sizing. I bought a fitted blouse in a size SS which was actually slightly large, and a fitted skirt in a size M which was slightly tight. I am a UK size 8. Many shops have these weird sizing inconsistencies however, not just this one.

p.s. This isn't an 'attraction' as such, but whilst visiting the malls, definately worth a visit.

8  Thank RuthOxford
Reviewed April 2, 2009

I read the other reviews on Batik Keris.. I don't have any problem with their shirts - they hold up well after numerous washing and are fabricated to high quality standards.

They also have lots of sizes - up to 4X I think.

Also, lots of designs, so not everybody is wearing the same batik shirts.

Its true the shirts cost more than others, but the product lasts longer.

I own about 5 shirts now. My only request is that Batik Keris introduce more new designs on a periodic basis. Then I would buy more shirts.

The other batik shirt vendor I like is Parang Kencana, which is more traditional and a bit showy.

3  Thank yamanote
See more reviews
Reviewed November 2, 2008

I went to Batik Keris 3 months ago and I bought some souvenirs and the clothes. There a lot of Batik Keris store in Indonesia (Jakarta, Solo, Yogyakarta, etc.) and I think the best one and the largest one is in Solo in Central Java. Batik Keris is the top shop to go for Batik. Prices are expensive because they have good quality. However, some of them aren't that expensive. Lots of choices from kids, teenager and adults and from casual to formal. got gorgeous, stunning and brightness colors and designs. I love it!!!

3  Thank kiokok