“it looks so old and tired”

Beautiful Indonesia in Miniature Park
Book In Advance
More Info
$115.00*
and up
Private Day Tour: Indonesia Miniature Park From Jakarta with Cable Car Ride and...
More Info
$80.00*
and up
Private Tour: Taman Mini Indonesia Indah and Bird Park from Jakarta
Ranked #5 of 285 things to do in Jakarta
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With 13,000 islands and 27 provinces, it's hard to see all of Indonesia. Taman Mini Indonesia is a park filled with famous buildings from all parts of Indonesia and authentic examples of the various cultures through Indonesia. The park includes a sky-car tour, IMAX theatre, dances, and cultural events. The name translates as Beautiful Indonesia Miniature Park.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I used to be amazed by how colours and attractions in Taman Mini always excited me. I was aware the last time I went to the park was like sometime in 1993. Twenty years after that, I am no longer excited. First because there's nothing changed there, nothing really new and exciting, some attractions applied admission while some are not. Keong Mas theatre looks old, tired and dirty.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

When I went it was liburan(schools holiday) so it was packed with people that we could barely walk ! the traffic towards Taman Mini took us 2hours from Jakarta city centre and we were there for an hour just because we could not find any place to go as of too many people everywhere. When getting in by car to Taman Mini, we paid at the entrance first, then we went to the museum inside and we still need to pay the fact that I can see some other tourists did not pay to get in and when we were in the building, one lady ask us to pay for the camera we wanted to get in.. we have got two cameras but only paid for one. Then after touring the 3level of the museum, sadly said it was badly managed and nobody else were inside except us 4! I am very disappointed of getting myself inside the museum. There are actually many things to see and explore but money is what u have to bring to get into every attraction. On our way out from Taman Mini, traffic(still in Taman Mini) was very bad that it took us almost two hours just to get out from that place. Not a place I wanted to go again, especially on school holidays in Jakarta.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

this place is huge. it is advisable to get a map and latest happenings or programme before getting there. this way, you can save time and still be able to join in the scheduled event, avoid large private gathering etc.

for me personally, I came here once before in 1983. This is a trip down memory lane. At that time, only the houses of different ethnicity were available for visit. Now, you can see the history of Indonesia in a single place, nit just seeing but believing. For example, we visited the museum of transportation. We were specifically interested in the rail transportation. Boy, we were surprised! we can see,feel, touch vintage locomotives, board a Garuda plan and pretend to be the pilot in the cockpit. What a deal.

A huge place, also expect many people too.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

For those who want to learn more about the culture of Indonesia races and how they live, should come to Taman Mini Indonesia Indah(TMII or rough translation is Mini Beautiful Indonesia Park). This park is consist of all the houses from Sumatra to Papua. It also have museum, such as Transportation Museum(where alot of antique and old train is being kept here, including Presiden Train RI 1 use by Soekarno), Electric Museum, Soldier Museum and alot of other museum. It also have a hotel inside the park. It also have a insect museum! :D There is also a waterpark inside this site. It is nice for photography in this natural and well maintained building from all of the different races in Indonesia! You can learn about the history of each house. If you are lazy to drive around, you can buy a cable car ticket and tour the whole site! :D. This place is Good for family to relax and enjoy this hot outdoor park. Suntan lotion is highly recommended and plenty of water.

Reviewed June 7, 2014

It should be a wonderful place to visit,here we can see the representative of Indonesian culture. Besides that there are many interesting museums also but now is lack of maintenance.Very sad...