“My Favorite Urban Eatery”
Review of Goods diner

Goods diner
Ranked #867 of 8,432 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 13, 2013

I've been to this place numerous time and each of my visit never fails. The food is just excellent and also their dessert list. I like the Hash brown plate for breakfast/brunch and usually I will order an extra plate of Bacon to complete the set.

Their Ribs is something that you have to try. Flavorful Ribs served with Rice. Nice.

Dessert: try their Red Velvet, Rainbow Cake and many other desserts.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

We had good expectation walking to this "nice" restaurant. This time I went with my husband. We decided to go here because normally the food is quite good. However, it is not always the case. We ordered steak and ribs. The "well-done" steak came out overcooked, tough and very dry, no juice left. The ribs were supposed to be overcooked (I was told), but the garlic rice was very oily. So, next time i would stick to their everyday lunch menu and stay out of the steak/meat menu. However, to be fair, the restaurant has good vibe and good music. it is a good place to hang out but not necessarily when you are hungry and only expect good food.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am from Bali where most of the western food at the local cafes suck and everything is overcooked and overpriced. Therefore i didn't have high expectation when i first saw the menu.
It turns out that the coffee burger i ordered was fantastic! It's juicy unlike most burgers i had in my hometown. It was something i really want to have again in the future.The fried calamari appetizer was delicious as well. It makes me think that western food in Bali is a joke, albeit being an international island with so many foreigners living there. Unfortunately all of Us ordered the same thing so i haven't tried other dishes to comment on.
The price is reasonable so it's packed when i went there. Staffs were attentive and got all of Our orders right. I'll come back when if I visit Jakarta in the future.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

The Goods Diner is a very lovely place to be during the morning and day, and is a proper place to hang-out at night. The Farmer's Breakfast menu it serves is quite amazing, blending ordinary eggs, hash brown, sausages, and bread in a way that makes them more tasty than our expectations. My friends and I loved the French Toast as well, which is quite generous in the amount of topping it comes with.

I've been here around 10 times, and tried many menus the place serves. I have to say that while not all of them are great, some others are of top taste and quality. Appetizers like Artichoke isn't of the best taste, nor are most of the overpriced drinks. But its burgers are nice, especially the Portobello Burger, which came in a huge size with properly fried fries. The pasta are good, although nothing special about them.

When it comes to dessert, the Goods' Rainbow Cake is simply one of the best in the city. Not so much with the other desserts though.

Overall, the place has quite a lot to offer. In its area, which is full of hip and upscale places, the Goods Diner is one of the better ones in terms of atmosphere and taste.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Stopped in here on Wednesday night, pretty busy and noisy and as usual quite smoky. Service was a bit hit and miss, but isn't that so often the way? The food was okay, everyone in the group had burgers and they were pretty good. Certainly nothing special but equally nothing to complain about.Its certainly a very popular venue with a mix crowd of expats and locals and is quite a fun place to go.