“Nice little getaway from the city hustle”
Review of Plan B

Plan B
Ranked #21 of 8,502 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Plan B is a Cozy resturant in the center south of Jakarta. Our Chef, Oskar Urcelai will make sure that you have an authentic spanish food experience. Good Food, Spanish wine... all at an excellent price. Welcome to Plan B!!
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The food was elegantly plated, and the chef came to greet us personally. We tried the Green pepper prawns and potatoes for our appetizers; the sauce on the prawns was spicy and delightful, and the potatoes reminded me of a warm potato salad in the US - both a delicious start to the meal. They serve a generous glass of sangria, a nice change from wine itself, and tasty. The tuna with asparagus was a piece of art when it came to the table, and I appreciated the server asking how well I would like it prepared. The vegetable paella was delicious with saffron spice. Topping it off with chocolate mousse and creme caramel with cappuccino - a wonderfully relaxing little place with friendly and helpful staff (they called us a cab back to the center of town); we will definitley visit again.

2  Thank Katharine L

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This, by far, is one of my most favorite, most frequented restaurant in Jakarta. Not only it has wide selection of tapas (love the pepper stuffed with prawns, prawns sauted in garlic, beef chorizo and the octopus cometas style) and paellas ( go for the black ink paella - all time favorite as per chef's recommendation), its main menus give you good run for your money. And all the goodness doesn't stopped there - close your experience with various dessert : I love the panacotta and apple pie, but the rest is worth to try as well. Their red sangria is a perfect companion fro the whole meal.

The Chef, senor Oscar, is a very friendly and warm person that would make sure every single thing is OK for you. I had my new year eve dinner here, and I've been a frequent visitor of this restaurant. Since my first visit in 2013 until my current visit last week, all with different people (friends, families, visiting friends and colleagues from overseas), this restaurant consistently serves good dishes. Oh, have I mentioned how reasonably priced the foods are?

3  Thank Wini R
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Reservation is a must, especially if you want to sit in the non smoking area inside.

Great tasting tapas, green pepper prawn is a must. Pork chorizo melts in your mouth. Black paella is a must try, ask for the aoli sauce too!

Great service, ambience & value for money. Simply a gem for Jakarta!

4  Thank Alvi R
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Again, I've never been to Spain before so I can't really compare it with the real taste, but I recommend this place for its coziness and value. The portion might be a bit small, but totally worth it for an authentic taste. I was there with my other seven friends; we shared and we ate till we drop (including dessert for each) and ended up paying less than 20 bucks. If you're not familiar with the food and you're coming with bunch of people, try ordering paellas and some other a la carte menu, before proceeding to the nicely made dessert (the apple tart with whipped cream and the brulee was superb!)
Make sure to book the table in advance before you're coming -- because it was even full on Wednesday night.
Just something that bothered me: there was a piece of long hair on our paellas. Be careful next time?

2  Thank deadesu
Reviewed May 26, 2014

This is my very first time visiting a Spanish resto. I went to Plan B with a friend of mine (she's Indonesian) who happened to study and stay in Spain for about 1 year.

As someone who never tried any Spanish dish ever, I must say that the taste actually suited my local tongue (even though they serve authentic Spanish food and almost 85% visitors are expats).

We tried squid ink paella, shrimp aioli (if I'm not mistaken) and an octopus dish with tomato sauce. All three dishes are great and we had no complaint at all.

I must say it's a must try place for both locals and expats in Jakarta!

3  Thank csugirun