“Authentic Spanish food in Jakarta”
Review of Plan B

Plan B
Ranked #9 of 7,768 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Plan B is a Cozy resturant in the center south of Jakarta. Our Chef, Oskar Urcelai will make sure that you have an authentic spanish food experience. Good Food, Spanish wine... all at an excellent price. Welcome to Plan B!!
“Authentic Spanish food in Jakarta”
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

This is my very first time visiting a Spanish resto. I went to Plan B with a friend of mine (she's Indonesian) who happened to study and stay in Spain for about 1 year.

As someone who never tried any Spanish dish ever, I must say that the taste actually suited my local tongue (even though they serve authentic Spanish food and almost 85% visitors are expats).

We tried squid ink paella, shrimp aioli (if I'm not mistaken) and an octopus dish with tomato sauce. All three dishes are great and we had no complaint at all.

I must say it's a must try place for both locals and expats in Jakarta!

Visited May 2014
3 Thank csugirun

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
dublin
“Loved It - But Please Change the Bread !”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Loved the wine - small Spanish producer dry as a bone . Adored the sausage & liked they choice of hams . Great goats cheese salad & pudding .

Dump that terrible frozen bread & find decent local supplier of fresh - you know your food deserves better bread than that .

It's full even on a Monday - suspect rest if the week it's jammed .

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank dragon53
Piacenza, Italy
“Best Spanish restaurant in Jakarta”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We got to Plan B based on the Tripadvisor comments and rating. Our driver doesn’t know where the place was, so we asked him to call the restaurant and they gently explained him how to reach. The restaurant is small but really well fournished, simply but with character. We ordered some tapas and enjoyed very much a fantastic green salad with caramelized balsamic vinaigre and goat cheese. Then take a fish paella. You must order paella for 2 and they will serve it in the typical iron pan where was cooked. I went lot of times in Spain, sincerely this is one of the best paella I ever eat! The chef and owner of the restaurant explain us that he use rice imported from Spain. We drank good Spanish red wine, while I was a little disappointed about the sangria, I think could be adjusted with better wine and good selection of fruits. Afterwards, we take dinner several times, and we taste lots of plates and always were satisfied. We were very surprised for the cheap prices, really a great value for the money spent. I really suggest to eat at Plan B, but don’t forget to reserve, the restaurant is often very crowded, especially in the week-end.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Patafiocca
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Great Spanish food in Indonesia”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

Great Spanish food, which is hard to find here, but the service was a little inconsistent. We were there with a big group - so maybe would be better service if small table.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Marc M
Chennai (Madras), India
“Great Memory!!!!”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I visited Plan B during my business trip to Jakarta. My friend Juan gaminde took me there. The location of the hotel is right along the central business district. Easy to access. I was received by the owner of the restaurant as if i was his long time friend. After a short chit chat he ensured that i get to taste the best food from Spain. The chef was called and he custom made a brilliant vegetarian dish for me . The soup and the saffron rice ( Dont know the exact name) was Brilliant. And the desert truly knocked me off the roof. No idea what it was but that was the best dessert i ve ever had in my life. All the staffs were very kind to every customer and the restaurant was quiet busy for a week day which says a lot about the restaurant. There was some sense of personal vibe. It was like a big family eating in one place.

A great experience and i will visit this place every time i go to Jakarta.

• Visited November 2013