“Simply the best I've had for a long time”
Review of Plan B

Plan B
Ranked #21 of 8,489 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Plan B is a Cozy resturant in the center south of Jakarta. Our Chef, Oskar Urcelai will make sure that you have an authentic spanish food experience. Good Food, Spanish wine... all at an excellent price. Welcome to Plan B!!
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Before I wrote the review, I skipped through a few other comments that have been written.

I must frankly say that some of the negative ones made me laugh. "Too overdressed but underdressed" probably shows the best what weird expectations people have of a tapas place.

Anyhow - Prices are simply unbeatable for the quality and the taste you get. There is NOTHING comparable in Jakarta. Of course the location allows for a low overhead.

4 Pax, 5 pitchers of Sangria, half of the menu (including the Bellota) we spent 2.5mn. That paired with both the chef and the restaurant manager coming around multiple times and checking on how we were doing - I can say nothing but that is was a fantastic evening.

I simply don't get how some people read "tapas" and expect some fine-dining-clubbingstyle-michellinestar-extravaganza...

Itz good for casual dining, like tapas should be. Its has always been busy with people, has some good reviews in Japanese food reviews (and we know how picky the Japanese are with their food).

I shall surely come back with friends for an easy and relaxed dinner.

1  Thank Mazebox

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Amazing spanish food restaurant where you can not only taste the high quality of its products in every single dish but also find yourself in a peaceful spot in Jakarta. Really nice staff and beautifully decored. The chef, Oskar, is simply a genius. Definitely a must-try when visiting Jakarta.

1  Thank Mimaiz
Reviewed January 23, 2014

This place has great food with the love and care of the chef. Prices are very reasonable, fit out is fun and interesting. Good place for a group dinner. Try the Sangria.

2  Thank Jordon F
Reviewed December 28, 2013

This was my third visit to the restaurant this year. The food continues to be superb, with some nice new additions to the Menu. They also have an improved selection of wines at very reasonable prices. And the staff, including the chef, are very friendly and always taking care of the customers. I am looking forward to my next dinner there!

Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

We went to Plan B for a late night dinner with friends. It didn't disappoint. Top of the list is the atmosphere, which is so warm because the staff (including owners and the cook) come to greet you. I have travelled in Spain and plan B is the closest to recreating that experience as you will find in Jakarta. We had the Paella, which was excellent. Rich, sizzling hot and close to what a traditional Paella should be. We had a tasty lamb tapas as well. If you want a true Spanish experience, this should be your first stop. All dishes were of high quality with great flavor.