“Impressed at Second Sight.”

COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular
Ranked #485 of 7,673 Restaurants in Jakarta
Cuisines: European, French
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A 1930ish uniquely rustic ambiance enjoyed and appreciated by most.A 15 Meter Bar offering novel & taste exploding Molecular Drinks along with a long range of cocktails, mock-tails, Coffee, Tea, Juices and mixers !(Google Article - Molecular mixology strikes Jakarta byMary Baines, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta | Feature | Wed, February 13 2013, 11:58 AM)Wine list offers variety available in the country at moderate pricing. A full range of french cuisine menu offers fine & delicately cooked meals comparable with the best in the region ! A separate page offers alternatives of Asian-Indian select tasteful meals added with a dedicated page for the vegetarians.An immaculate outdoor sitting rejuvenates senses adding further joy to the peak with its food, drinks, ambiance, and music.
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Impressed at Second Sight.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

It was my second visit in Colonial and I should say that I'm impressed by their food.
First time I was there was not long after they opened and I thought the food was just average, in fact I didn't intend to come back.. until that one Sunday I decided to try again after I saw the good reviews on Tripadvisor.

I had barramundi and my boyfriend had the brunch menu which consists of soup, lamb and chocolate mousse as dessert. Everything taste really good with nice presentation, too. Even our smoothies are so yummy that I drank his :)
Price wise is quite cheap for such food quality.

We're glad to find Colonial is now an option for us to have lunch just because a trip to Kemang on day time is surely more comfy that in the evenings.

1 Thank queenlinz
COLONIALJakarta, Director of Sales at COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Dear diner,
We are very pleased to have made your visit to Colonial Cuisine & Molecular a memorable one!
The entire team of Colonial Cuisine & Molecular thanks you for your kind comments and response. We continuously strive to better ourselves and welcome all our guest’s comments.
We are incredibly happy that you enjoyed your dining experience with us and cherish the fact that you noted that we are competitively priced for a restaurant of our style and standard.
Do join us for a meal again soon, for we are launching wonderful new and themed menus in February .

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“One of the best lunches I've had in Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Have had teas here very often (which are very good; lovely snacks like very well cooked quiches),

Finally had a meal (lunch) here. It was excellent. My mushroom soup was very good, and the Roast Quail was perfect - best I can remember having. My wife's tuna carpaccio was a little salty, but good ingredients. Her trout also excellent; perfectly cooked. Our daughter had a very nice vegetarian burger (she didn't like it but we did!),

Very reasonable prices too.

Will return for dinner soon.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Colin M
Jakarta
“Great for couples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2013

We have visited Colonial a few times before and always had a great experience. Recently we celebrated our wedding anniversary at Colonial, food is great, atmosphere is intimate and the service is excellent. It is one of our favourite restaurants.
The cocktails are also very special.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Melindasouthafrica
Dear diner,
We are grateful for your repeat patronage and assure you of doing our best each time you visit. Thank you for coming back to us and allowing us to make your visit a memorable one!
Pease bring any concerns to the notice of our managers and we assure you of meeting your expectations on each visit.
Best regards and gratitude,
Jakarta, Indonesia
“My favourite place in Kemang”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

I have visited colonial several times for lunch or afternoon, definitely one of the best restaurant in Jakarta. I like to sit on the terrace outside, usually it is breezy with soft music.

The food is always perfect. Consistency is great and all I liked every single dish i have tried. One of my favourite is the chicken tikka.

Service is highly personalised and waiters are all english speakers and very knowledgeable.

Wine cellar is as good as expected

a must try!

• Visited October 2013
COLONIALJakarta, Manager at COLONIAL - Cuisine & Molecular, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear diner,
Do celebrate with us again this Festive Season!
Singapore, Singapore
“One of the best drinks & dining experiences in Jakarta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I recently visited Jakarta and went to Colonial for drinks and dinner on Saturday night. The molecular cocktails were fabulous! They look as cool as they taste and watching the bartender make them was a real experience. Try the Bloody Mary, Haemoglobin and Toblerone. I guarantee it's nothing like you've had before. The food's pretty good, too. We ordered the duck confit, the black mussels, the lamb curry and the ocean trout. All cooked to perfection and very, very yum. Will definitely go back for more!

• Visited November 2013
Dear diner,
Come visit us again as we are continuously inventing new molecular beverages to add to the diners experience.
The menu too is going through some exciting additions this Festive Season with the growing popularity of our Prix Fix menus and wine pairing options!
Best regards and gratitude,