“Simply lovely”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I enjoyed a lovely dinner at this restaurant the other night. It was a nice change to go to an authentic Italian restaurant. I enjoyed the seared tuna for my appetizer. The dish provided a generous portion of brilliant tuna. It was very tasty. Because I was not very hungry, I opted for a first (instead of a first and second). I enjoyed the home made pasta with pancetta. It was lovely as well. I will definitely come back to try the fish and meat dishes, which all looked to contain quite generous portions and were splendidly plated. The bread was also fresh and tasty.
The service was very attentive and prompt. The only issue needing work is the reception. We arrived and there were multiple open tables. The receptionist informed us that the place was "booked." It clearly wasn't as there were many open tables. We finally convinced her that there were clearly seats available, as we were a party of two. She seated us in the least pleasing table. Despite spending over an hour and a half at the restaurant, the so called booked tables were never filled. We should have been provided one of the several open booths. Other diners may not have pressed to obtain a table or have returned given the less than warm greeting. Also, they should stock up on prosecco to enable us to order the bellini on the menu.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Tremendous yet again. Special lunch with a special team. Personalized service from the maitre d to the wait staff. My guests were thoroughly impressed. Food excellent. Private room special. And the best Italian food I have had yet in jakarta. We will be back!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went here for on a Sunday, and was pleasantly surprised to know they serve buffet brunch for approximately Rp.400thou/person. It works like a tasting menu of what you'll get any other day when dining at La Luce.
Sunday brunches are really not recommended for big groups of and apparently in La Luce that means party of 5 or more. So how it works is that they serve appetizer buffet style, however the main course i.e. meat/fish and pasta/risotto are served by the waiters going around bringing a plate and you're given a spoonful of whatever dish they happen to bring. However, when I came with a party of 8 they kept skipping us over until the rest has gotten the meal before serving it to us. That really ticked me off, seeing the food going around and yet being ignored by the waiters.
On the plus side, they do have free flow drinks just need to add Rp.50 for alcoholic drinks. So thats always a plus.
Overall the food was pretty good, but the service was really bad.

1  Thank Tgirl19
Reviewed May 6, 2013

This is a very nice restaurant and I personally think will fit very well for most westerners in Indonesia (not saying it's not good for the locals). Price is quite premium, but the service is excellent, place is not too big which makes it quite intimate. Although space is quite limited but I didn't find any trouble with privacy when talking with my friends. Reservation is advised.

Quite excellent for a romantic dinner as well. The food I had was carbonara and to be honest...the taste was very bland, my friend had a wagyu bolognaise and it tasted quite good.

But the chef was very attentive and went down on the dining area to chat with the customers as well. I had the chance to ask him about the carbonara and he actually made me a small portion of real italian carbonara (no cream please) which I really wanted to eat at the first place and it was excellent.

Recommended that if you're here and you know how you want your meal to be taste-wise, let the chef know, you wont be dissapponted :)

Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the pleasure of dining at La Luce on a Saturday night with a group of 9. The atmosphere of the restuarant is very classy and it was fantastic to enjoy a meal in Jakarta with no odours of cigarettes. The menu is extensive with a list of weekly specials on top of the standard menu options. The scallops were a popular choice for entree that did not disappoint. The veal and pork belly seemed to hit the mark with all that enjoyed them for main course. The wine list is also extensive but a bit expensive. The open kitchen allows you to watch the chefs at work preparing your meal. Although the service was a little slow it was capable. Pity the night ended with news that coffee machine was broken and could not be served (after they took our orders).