“Great Hotel, Services Improved”

Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni
Ranked #48 of 468 Hotels in Jakarta
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Here it is my brief review for my third stays at this hotel in business suite room (non smoking room):

A. Check in/out fast and simple
B. Reception staff very friendly (improved so much than my previous stay)
C. Room;
1. spacious with separated living room
2. amenities provided always met my expectations
3. Clean and comfortable
4. Separated shower (rain shower and normal shower) and toilet area
5. Bathroom was clean and have a good water pressure
6. 2 lcd tv with local and international channel
D. Internet speed was good but sometimes in the night slightly not stable
E. hotel with good atmosphere and ambience started from the lobby until the bedroom

For improvement/missing point:
A. Room decoration was too minimalist. I suggest to put some decorations (painting, standing lamp) in the living room area
B. some tv channel did not have a good picture quality (signal problem probably)
C. No welcome fruit given as my previous stay i was given welcome fruit

Overall, i had a good stay at this hotel specially of the kindness of the reception staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Adhiegunadharma

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Checked in early at 8am, i came to the front desk and met with ms.Wira, very friendly and helpful staff. She explained to me with very friendly that actual checked in time was at 2pm, so at that time all room was not ready yet and i must to wait . I asked her to give the room as quickly as possible because i was pretty tired after long flight from australia. Well, at 11 am she gave me my rooms, and also escort me to the room and explained all facilities of the hotel.perfect english..perfect service..very appreciate for that. .
The rooms also spacious, comfy bed and fluffy pillows. I loved to stay in Grand Mercure, when i back again to Jakarta, sure i will choose this hotel again.

Recommended.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My second times staying at Grand Mercure Harmoni. It was nice, the staff hotel very helpfull, room is tidy, and the location is the centre of the city. I considering to stay on my next trip next month :)

An Accor traveler
Shanghai, China

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Stayed here one night because the other Mercure in Jakarta was fully booked. Like the name says it's the Grand Mercure, not 'just' the Mercure. It's a typical 5* hotel with a grand lobby, excellent service and friendliness from the staff. They take security very serious which, unfortunately, is a necessity in Jakarta for Western hotels. The rooms are very nice, minimalism design and very modern. The hotel opened about a year ago which is still quite noticeable in the looks and appearance of the hotel in general and the rooms specifically. For my taste it's all too modern but this is a matter of personal taste and cannot be held against the hotel and its staff. Too bad no bathtub though (something you would expect to be standard in all room types in this luxury category...) but I loved the shower! Location is also excellent with close proximity to Grand Indonesia shopping mall, Gajah Mada mall and Kota Tua, Monas and many other museums. Gambir train station is 20 minute drive with taxi, depending on traffic. Price/quality ratio is excellent!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This is my second time to check-in at Grand Mercure, although this hotel has been opened only a few months ago. The rooms are excellent, with every comfort and amenities, desktop for computer well organized, internet for free and working properly. The restaurant is good enough enough for breakfast. i also tried the restaurant for dinner, and the buffet had only few choices, not really attractive, so I selected food a la carte. I used the gym at the 5th floor, it has a good range of machines. Recently the hotel also opened a music lounge on the 19th floor, but I couldn't visit it. Excellent location for business. Price very reasonable.

1  Thank Pazzalino
Reviewed August 29, 2013

New hotel , nice rooms average breakfast choices..And terrible duty manager or supervisor. I 1ve been asked to pay for blanket which I requested for my son despite my booking was for 3 person. The staff name Ulien was very rude and careless.. She said it is a hotel policy ! When I said there was no such T&C on the website she said they have it then I asked her to print out( I knew there is no such thing exist) she said ok then went into office room behind reception. After waited 10 min at reception asked staff about it , they called and told me that they are preparing. After a while she called and check whether I m still waiting or not ( Likely I m able to understand bahasa) I have waited almost 40 minutes but she never turn up and no words nothing finally she came up to talk another guest and I asked her about it and you know what ? They don't have such T&C and can`t print out ..OMG! waste to say anything else.. She simply ruin the Accor image(if they really care about it which I m seriously in doubt)
Note person in charge whoever read this post : you can double check my claims with your 2 front desk staff and cctv recording.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
H8535GM, General Manager at Grand Mercure Jakarta Harmoni, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear TRVeller001,

Thank you for your time to share the review regarding your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor.

Please let us do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced regarding our staff service which should have no occurs. We have taken notes of your review and will request the respective Department Heads to assess and ensure if the standards are imposed and implemented accordingly.
At the same time, thank you very much for the good review about our hotel and we always look forward to welcome you again in the near future.

Best Regards,